Ch.4 - Don't Cross The Line

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the following weeks, Jeonghan still comes to the house and cooks for Byul but their friendly relationship isn't there anymore. Jeonghan didn't eat together with Byul and it makes her sad. Until one day, she faints after didn't drink enough water for the past few days. Jeonghan looks at her on the bed before walks to the window and stares outside. 

"Jeonghan-ah." he heard his name being called, softly. Jeonghan turns around and catches Byul that wants to sit on the bed.

"Byul-ssi." Jeonghan holds her and supports her before she points to the glass. Jeonghan understands and pours out the water into the clear glass. She passed it to Byul and watch her finish the drink. Byul passed the glass to Jeonghan back before looking at the wall like she can see what's behind the wall. Jeonghan stares at Byul. 

"Byul-ssi," he calls her. 

"I'm sorry for interfering in your private life. I shouldn't do that." Byul cuts him. Jeonghan looks surprised. "Think about it, it's your private life but it's involving my junior so I feel a bit... I don't know, protecting? Nope. Not those words." Jeonghan chuckled seeing Byul struggling to find the right words for her sentence. Byul stops and looks at him. 

"Jeonghan-ah, I'm sorry." Byul looks at him, sincerely. Jeonghan her hair and nodding his head. 

"I promise that I won't mix up between work and personal life. The same goes for you. I won't interfere with your privacy and will be your dedicated manager." Jeonghan said it. Byul smiles. 

"Thanks, Jeonghan-ah." Byul cleared . "So, can I know about the lovely relationship? How does it start?" Jeonghan eyes become rounded as he is surprised but then he grabs the chair and told her the full story. 

Jeonghan meets Sowon during her trainee day as she is working part-time there until the company seriously choosing her to be one of the candidates for the future girl group. That's when he is serious about his feelings and confessed to her. Sowon accepts him but secretly dating as she already signed the contract with the company. Sowon quit the jobs a few months after she is confirmed to be a member of the upcoming girl group. They've been secretly dating for almost a year and a half now. 

"So does she know that you are Mr.Lee's nephew?" Byul asking him while laying back on the bed. Jeonghan is helping her with the blanket. 

"Nope. She thinks I got this job from an interview." Jeonghan answers her as he pulling the blanket to cover her chest. Byul looks at him. 

"Why don't you tell her?" 

"Not yet. Not now." Jeonghan pouts. Byul yawns and her eyelids are getting heavy. Jeonghan her hair before pulling his hands away. "Sleep. I'll come back tomorrow with your breakfast." Jeonghan grabs his bag and moves to the door. 

"Jeonghan-ah." Jeonghan turns around. "Can we eat breakfast together?" Jeonghan smiles and nodding his head. Byul then falls asleep. 

The next morning, when Byul opens her eyes, she can hear a growling voice that she is familiar with. Byul whimpers before squint her eyes to see who is her guest in the room. Turns out it was Mr.Lee and Jeonghan is discussing something at the couch in the corner of their VIP room. Byul tries to get up and it takes Jeonghan attention in a second. He hurried to the bed and help her. 

"Anything, Byul-ssi?" 

"Water," she said with her husky voice.  Mr.Lee walks closer to the bed before pat her feet and Byul looks at him with a smile. Byul takes the glass from Jeonghan and drinks it until the whole glass is clear. She passed the glass to Jeonghan and he takes it. 

"So, are you here for visiting or nagging?" Byul asks. Jeonghan helps her put an extra pillow on her back to steady her to sits on the bed. Mr.Lee watches him doing that before giving her a smirk. 

"You're supposed to meet Mr.Jung for choreography discussion." Mr.Lee opens his mouth. Byul sighs and closes her eyes. Her head titled backward and Jeonghan her head. 

"Mr.Lee, I think we should let her rest first," Jeonghan said. Mr.Lee shakes his head. "She'll discharge tomorrow." Jeonghan wants Mr.Lee to stop. 

"I expect you to do better, Byul-ah. You supposed to take care of your health while preparing for your comeback. We won't push the date. So, you have to work harder after you are discharged." Mr.Lee said without compromising. Byul looks at Mr.Lee and smiles. 

"I'll do my best, Mr.Lee. I'm sorry." Byul said. Jeonghan keeps silent until Mr.Lee excuse himself as he had another appointment near the hospital. Jeonghan sends him out and back to the room without saying anything. Byul stares at him as he's doing chores in the room. 

"Jeonghan-ah," she calls him and he lifted his head. "What's wrong? Mr.Lee nags at you too?" Jeonghan snorts before walks to the bed. He grabs the chair and walks next to the bed. 

"He's supposed to understand his artist and not nagging you at times like this. You are doing your best. You are doing your best until you fell sick. Am I right? Isn't that his responsibility as well?" Byul smiles at Jeonghan's cute mad session. "He's suppo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter