Ch.11 - Moved On

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul didn't get out of her room when Jeonghan knocks on the door to call for dinner. Byul heard the sound of the entrance door being open and closed. Jeonghan left the house without saying goodbye. Byul wipes her tears and walks to the bathroom to washes her face. She steps out of the room and peeks at the entrance hall to check if Jeonghan is really out. His shoes are not there meaning, he really left. Byul rolled her eyes and walks to the kitchen. Her dinner is ready and Jeonghan let it be like that without cover it. She sits at the dining table and grabs the chopstick. She takes a bit of one of the meals and continues to eat her dinner. 

Byul moves to the living room and stands near the window glass to see the city at night. She can see the traffic and the people at the Han River. She startled when she heard a ringing phone from the couch. Byul frowns and finds the phone between the cushion. Sowon. It was not her phone. It was Jeonghan. Byul takes a deep breath before placing the phone on the table without answering the call. She needs to think rationally as for now. She wants to pick up the call and claimed Jeonghan is hers but at the same time, she didn' want to expose that she knows about their relationship. Suddenly, the entrance door is open and Byul raised up her head. Jeonghan is running to the living room with a panic expression. They make eye contact. 

"Sowon calls you." Byul takes the phone and passed it to Jeonghan. He grabs it slowly from her. 

"Have you eat dinner?" Jeonghan asks while his face turns to the dining table. Byul walks past him. 

"I did. Thanks." Jeonghan grabs her wrist. She turns around to see him.

"Can we talk? Serious talk." Byul heaving a deep sigh when Jeonghan said it in a serious tone. Byul walks back to the couch and takes a seat. Jeonghan did the same but sits at a different couch, opposite of her.

"What do you wanna talk about?" Byul looks at him. 

"About us." Jeonghan sighs. "As you said, I love Sowon and Sowon loves me. Chanyeol-ssi loves you and...you can try to love him." Jeonghan closed his eyes. "I think we need to distance ourselves so that we can find our own space." 

"I'm sorry. It was me that cross the line that we drew. We promise...promised that we won't cross the line but..." Jeonghan palms his face and sighs. "Let's start over." he offered his hands. Byul frowns. 

"I'm Jeonghan. Your manager." Byul smirks. 

"I'm Byul. And I'm your artist. Please take care of me." she said without accepting his hands. Jeonghan pulls the hands away in embarrassment. "I hope whatever you decide right now, it's correct," Byul said. Jeonghan looks at her. 

"It has to. This is our last effort to cut everything between us. Our feelings...shouldn't be mutual. There is no we." Jeonghan said firmly. Byul nods her head. 

"Let's focus on each other goal," Byul added. Jeonghan agrees with nodding his head. "Anything else?" Jeonghan clenched his fist. 

"I want to ask for a last kiss but-" Jeonghan chuckled. "It shouldn't be that way, right?" Byul cries softly. She holds her tears but it streams down on her cheeks anyway.  "We should end like this. No more skinship between us unless it needed." 

"A proper skinship between a manager and an artist is okay. But not a kiss." Byul said with trembling lips. Jeonghan agrees. 

"I should focus on being your manager and Sowon's boyfriend." Byul nods. 

"I should be focus on my comeback and trying to open my heart for Chanyeol-ssi," Byul said. Jeonghan heaving a sigh of relief. His phone rings again and it was from the same caller. 

"Pick up the call. I'll be in my room. Let me know when you are leaving." Byul gets up and walks to her room. Jeonghan looks at her back and sighs. He answers the call. 

"Oppa! Where are you? I call-" 

"I'm at Byul's house. Sorry. I left my phone here. Are you free tonight? Can we meet? I miss you." Jeonghan sniffs. Sowon says she wants to meet him as well and they ended the call not long after that. Jeonghan walks to Byul's room and knocks on the door. Byul that hugging her left on the bed, just looking at the door without moving to open it. Jeonghan sighs. 

"I'm leaving. Call me if you need anything." Jeonghan left the house after that and Byul cries again. 

After the serious talk, they begin to act like a real manager and artist. Byul tries to be like herself before meeting up with Jeonghan. He knows her attitude so he just let it be without questioning so much. It goes on until a few days before her comeback. She's ready for her comeback. Her fitting coming back good as she is working out every day. Jeonghan didn't cross the line and the same goes with Byul. Jeonghan tries hard to not look at Byul too much as he is afraid he will kiss her again if they make eye contact. Byul also tries hard to mingle with Chanyeol and spend time with that guy. 

On a day of her comeback, the release of the music video at midnight makes her the first Korean solo singer that reach 10 million views on youtube within 24 hours. Byul is celebrating with her team and Jeonghan is included. Mr.Lee also joining them. Byul is si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter