Ch.6 - Jeonghan's POV

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeonghan turns his head to the door and when his eyes fixed on the person that entering the room, he smiles. This is the first time he ever being this close with Byul, the top solo artist in South Korea. He always saw her with her old manager but he never been this close to her. They get to know each other. Day becomes week and now they have been together for almost two months. Within two months, there is a lot of roller coaster emotion for him. When Byul found out about his relationship with Sowon, it all messed up as he supposed to keep it as a secret. He is afraid if Byul is going to use that as a threat to Sowon's future career. 

But after she found out about that, their relationship becomes distant. Even when he secretly meets up with Sowon, he still feels anxious as Byul didn't talk with him even though they are in one car or in the same space. He took care of her but when she fell sick and need to be hospitalized, he starts to feel guilty towards her. They talked about it and becomes friends again. They promise to not mix up work and private life. Days passed and they getting closer than before. 

Then there you go, the day she discharged from the hospital, they meet up with Sowon at the lift lobby. Jeonghan tries to maintain cool and didn't make eye contact with Sowon. That night, Sowon calls him to meet up with him. She sneaks out of the house and runs to his car that waits for her. Sowon gets into the car and stares at him. Jeonghan showing his smile with his tired eyes. 

"I bet you are so close with Byul-ssi that you really can't stay away from her, is it?" Sowon said it in a mad tone. Jeonghan smiles faded and takes her hands. He forces her to faces him. Sowon narrowed her eyes to look at him. 

"Sowon-ah, I'm just taking care of her. She's sick, okay? Did I tell you right? She faints a few days ago." Sowon pushes his hands and she crossed her arms. 

"Then why were you let her hold you like that?" 

"Hold like what?" Jeonghan tilted his head. Sowon laid back on the seat and pouts. 

"You guys are so close! I can see that she's trying to be so close with you!" Sowon said. Jeonghan sighs. 

"There's nothing. She might faint again. She just got discharged today so of course, she still needs to gain her energy." Jeonghan explains, softly. 

"You hold her hands!" Sowon screamed. Jeonghan heaving a heavy sigh then sits back on his seat while his arms holding the steering wheels. Sowon gritted her teeth. 

"Sowon-ah, like I said. I don't want her to faints again. She's nobody to me. She's just an artist that I need to manage for." Jeonghan slightly feels like he's lying about she's being nobody to him. They might not more than friends but the connection they had, it makes them a little special. They grew closer in a short time and Mr.Lee sometimes said that Byul is very hard to open up to people but with him, she just shows herself to him. 

"How can I believe that while you are holding her hands," Sowon takes his hands and hold his hand as an example of what she saw in the elevator. "Like this!" Sowon shows it to him. Jeonghan smiles and brings their intertwined hands to his lips. He kisses her hands and Sowon pulls away immediately. She slaps his shoulder and Jeonghan chuckled. 

"I'm sorry okay. I'm just feeling the responsibility to take good care of her. That's it. Please don't be mad with me." Sowon sighs before caress his cheeks. 

"Does Byul-ssi know about us?" Jeonghan looks at his girlfriend's eyes before shaking his head. 

"She didn't know about us." Sowon scoffs. 

"She's supposed to know so that she will let us meet each other more. Look at what time now! 1 AM!" Sowon grumbled as Jeonghan rub his thumb on her hands. 

"Then you need to go. You need a good sleep, Sowon-ah." Sowon whines and hugs his arms. Jeonghan leans his cheeks on her head. "Not like this, Sowon-ah. People will see us in the morning. You'll be late." 

"But I miss you," Sowon said. 

"I miss you too, Sowon-ah." Jeonghan looks at the road, there is no car. Jeonghan lifts up her head using his finger and kisses her forehead. "And I don't want us to get caught. Your company will be so mad at you. I'm getting fired soon if you didn't let me go now." Jeonghan said. Sowon sighs and gives him a peck before steps out from the car. Jeonghan watches her enter the apartment before driving back to his home. 

Jeonghan arrives at his home and laid back on the couch. His parents are not here yet as they went on a cruise to celebrate their anniversary. Jeonghan rested his arms on his forehead before closing his eyes. 

He reminded what happens in the company. He fell asleep and Byul pinched his cheeks. Their face was so close that Jeonghan had thoughts of kissing her. But luckily it didn't happen when Byul stands up and took a few steps behind. He rubs his eyes and woke up from sleep. Jeonghan opens his eyes and remembering her features. He notices there is a small mole on her left temple near her hairline. Jeonghan sighed as he shakes his head. Get her out of his mind for now. 

The next day, he is feeling great even though he just slept for a few hours before he arrives at Byul's house around 9 AM. She's early today and he is a bit late. He offered to eat breakfast at the nearest cafe because he is in a good mood. Why? He's dreaming of a good one last night but he didn't remember what it is. During their breakfast, they sit down at his previous workplace and introduce her to their famous almost signature breakfast. Byul likes it and he nailed the impression.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter