Ch.15 - Goodbye Us

A Lone Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul bows down to all the artist that steps away from the stage. She just wins on her last day of the comeback. She thanks everyone and sings for an encore. Once done, she steps down from the stage and bows to say thanks to all the staff. She smiles brightly and walks to her waiting room. There, her dancer is waiting for her with a cake. When she stepped inside the room, the pitch-black room makes Byul paused. Then someone lights up the room and there their dancer shouts 'surprised' to her. She laughs happily and blows the candle on the cake. She turns around to see Jeonghan is looking at her with warm eyes. Byul smiles at him with her mixed feelings. 

This is her last of promoting and this is the last day she will be with Jeonghan as her temporary boyfriend and as a manager. She takes a slice of cake and walks to him. Jeonghan straight up his body and smiling at her. She placed the cake in front of his face to feed him. Jeonghan opens his mouth to accept the cake and instead of feeding him properly, Byul slaps him with the cake. Everyone is surprised and Byul smiles faded when Jeonghan didn't give her any reaction. She steps backward with a nervous feeling. Jeonghan opens his eyes and the cake on his face. He looks at Byul and suddenly, he walks forward to grab her and Byul is faster to run. Everyone is laughing. Byul runs out of the room and Jeonghan is chasing her. Jeonghan managed to catch her and drag her under the stairs. 

"This is an expensive cake, you know," Jeonghan said while wiping away the cake from his face. Other hands are holding her wrist. Their distance is so close that makes Byul heart is thumping and she gulped when Jeonghan is staring at her eyes. 

"Congrats on winning. Congrats on your successful comeback." Jeonghan said after done wiping his face. His breath can feel on her face. Byul realizes Jeonghan leans down to her face yet she didn't avoid him. Their lips meet once again and Byul closes her eyes to enjoy these last kisses from him. Jeonghan cupped her face and moans between their kiss when Byul wraps her arms around his waist. Then he broke the kiss and rest his forehead on hers. 

"I love you, Byul-ah." Byul smiles bitterly before gives him a peck. 

"I love you too." Jeonghan then grabs her hands and walks back to the waiting room. Jeonghan gets inside and raises their intertwined hands. 

"I got her!" he shouts and everyone is celebrating. Byul laughs. After taking pictures, they start to leave altogether. Jeonghan drives them home and Byul requests to visit the Han River. He parks and Byul moves from the back seat to the passenger seat. She looks at the sunset while searching for Jeonghan hands to hold it. He noticed that and giggled. He grabs her hands and holds it. 

"Remember when we came here before?" Byul asks. Jeonghan nod. 

"Of course. This princess is throwing an attitude." Jeonghan brushes her nose with his thumbs. Byul giggled.

"Because I'm jealous!" she told him. Jeonghan looks at her. 

"Jealous?" 

"You were on the phone with Sowon at that time, right?" Jeonghan understands and sighs. Sowon. It's been a few days since he last contacts her. She didn't even text him and spending time with Byul every day makes him forget about her. Technically, Sowon is his permanent girlfriend but being in a temporary relationship with Byul makes him feels happier. 

"I'm sorry," he said. 

"It's okay, Jeonghan-ah. You don't need to say sorry. She's your girlfriend." Byul let him know the fact. 

"But you are my girlfriend too, right now." Byul turns her gaze to the sunset and sighs. 

"Time's up, Jeonghan-ah." he looks at her, confused. "Today is our last day for a week of fake relationship," Byul said it. Jeonghan ruffles his hair. 

"Can't we-"

"There is never a 'we', Jeonghan-ah. This is not supposed to happen. But I want to be with you even just for a week and thank you for doing this." Byul caresses his cheek. "I love you but this is our end." Jeonghan bites his lips. 

"You need to go back to Sowon and I go back to Chanyeol. We will be happier to do that, right?" Jeonghan closes his eyes. 

"I... don't know," he said, questioning his heart. Byul smiles. 

"I don't know either but this is for our best." Byul convinces him. Jeonghan faces her. 

"What if I choose you over Sowon? I end my relationship with Sowon and we can start over. For real." Jeonghan is eager to do that. Byul shakes her head. 

"I don't want you to end your thing with Sowon just because you met me. You love her, Jeonghan-ah," he grunts. "And I have Chanyeol." 

"You don't love him!" Jeonghan patience starts to decrease. 

"I need to try. I don't really open up to him yet. So I could-" 

"Because you love me." Jeonghan cupped her face and forces Byul to look at him. "You. Love. Me." Jeonghan said it with gritted teeth. Byul pushes him away slowly and hugs him. 

"I wish we can love each other easily," Byul said while buried her head on his chest. Jeonghan hugs her back and heaving a deep sigh. Then they drive back home. Because this is the last day of her promotion, Jeonghan is ready to get his stuff and return back to him home. Byul is watching him packing his stuff while leaning on the door.

"I'll be seeing you in the company tomorrow," Byul informed him. He turns around with his luggage and looks at her, frowned. 

"Tomorrow?" he walks over to her and grabs her waist to pull her closer. Byul nodding her head. 

"I have some stuff to discuss with Mr.Lee tomorrow. You'll be there as well." Jeonghan tilted his head. Byul caresses his chest and lifts up her head to match their eyes. Then Jeonghan leans down to give her a peck. Byul smiles and pushes his face away. She drags him to the entrance and gestures him the way out. 

"Oh, you kicked me out, huh?" Jeonghan chuckled. "Okay. Thank you." Jeonghan only has a suitcase to bring back and he walks out of the apartment after saying goodbye to Byul. She stares at the door for a long time before flops down to the floor. Her tears stream down on her face like a waterfall. She leans on the wall and hugs her knee. 

The next day, Byul stares at the mirror for a long time before step back to her bed and touches her black maxi skirt. Then her hands go to her white t-shirt that matches with her black blazer. She looks almost professional because today is the day she lets go of Jeonghan's hand. She looks at the suitcase next to her bedroom door. She already packed whatever she needs to stay in Italy with Chanyeol. She already informed Chanyeol that she will be coming and stay there with him. He sounds excited. She let Mr.Lee know too and he reluctantly to let her go but after so much force and explanation, finally, he's letting her go. 

Byul walks out of the building and takes the taxi that she ordered. She didn't want to be in the same car as Jeonghan. She doesn't want her heart to change the decision that her brain and logic are made. After one hour of driving, they finally arrived and Byul gets out of the taxi. She walks inside the company building and receives stares from other people. It i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter