Chapter 9 : The One That Got Away

Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No,” Miyeon said. As Jisoo and Jennie want to know the relationship between Shuhua and Miyeon. It’s already morning, only Jennie’s close friends stay over a night.

“For real, what’s the deal? I mean, you two make out in the middle of the party then you refuse to tell us the truth?” Jennie said.

“But really! We’re still not there, I mean, we’re getting there but not for now? Because you know, you know what happened twice to me,” Miyeon said as she drank her hot choco.

“But you two looks hot,” Jisoo commented. “Everyone is talking about it, look at our community, no picture but they mention your name and Shuhua,” Jisoo commented.

“Tell me, from the start, how you meet Shuhua and how you two get close??” Jennie asks.

“Ughh!”


 

“So, you’re in a relationship without telling me,” Yuqi said with a straight face, acting mad.

“No! The two of us are not in a relationship!! It’s just, it just… you know that, right? She’s still not ready and I respect it!” Shuhua depends on herself.

“Yeah! How the hell I didn't know you’re close to her in that kind of way?? I thought you two are just friends,” Yuqi shouts back to Shuhua. Shuhua got up and Yuqi too. Minnie, Soyeon, Soojin and Lisa are just watching them. Though, it’s still good news for Soojin.

“We! We were, we’re friends for now, like you know,” Shuhua said.

“That's like you know stuff! Confirm it!” Yuqi command.

“We already talked about it! I’m waiting for her to be ready!” Shuhua said. Yuqi gives her a bad look.

“Hurt her! I will give you a punch!” Yuqi said. Minnie scoffs and smiles regretfully, like Yuqi’s words are about her.

“...” Shuhua gulp. Like she finally remembered Soojin, that she liked Soojin. Will she be ready to talk to Soojin? Shuhua doesn't know that love is really complicated, she thought, she just has to wait for the person she likes to like her back. Shuhua looks at Soojin who is staring at her back.


 

“Sorry, can you do me a favor?” Lisa asks. Miyeon is alone in the balcony, Jennie decides to let them day for more than a day in her private beach. Lisa saw her and joined Miyeon. “Can you talk to Minnie for one last time. I promise, I will not disturb you two,” Lisa said who is looking at the ground.

Miyeon gulp, this is their first talk after many years. Miyeon knows why Lisa wants her to talk to Minnie, Miyeon of course notices the changes in Minnie. Miyeon who hasn't completely healed, still conscious about Minnie. Miyeon looks carefully at Lisa, Miyeon sighs because she can feel sincerity in Lisa, the sincere Lisa that she misses sometimes.

“You know that I hate you, I’m doing it not because you ask me but because of Minnie. You started it and now you are affecting her,” Miyeon said. “I heard everything that you did, I seriously hate you,”

“...”

“Take care of her, she’s a precious girl,”

 

Miyeon smiles at the small papers in the jar, full of Minnie’s letters and sincere love and affection. Miyeon reads all of them silently in front of Minnie who is blushing so hard, it’s Minnie's surprise on their 1st anniversary. After Minnie bullies Soojin and Soyeon to search with her to surprise Miyeon.

“Do you like it?” Minnie asks with a blush.

“Yeah, a lot,” Minnie smiled so proud, looking at Miyeon smiling so lovely while reading the letters she wrote after 5 days. Minnie writes all of her emotions in the papers, knowing that Miyeon will keep them close to her heart.

“I’m glad,” Minnie said. Miyeon goes to Minnie and sits in her lap to give her a long kiss.

“I’m more glad that I met you, I will never forget this,” Miyeon said. Minnie pulls Miyeon closer.

“I will make you happier in the future, I promise,” Minnie said. Miyeon smiles before kissing Minnie again.

“I will to, I promise,”

 

Minnie sighs at the memories, she loves Miyeon but she feels so helpless, hopeless at taking her back. Minnie remembered the smile Miyeon wore when she saw her kiss Shuhua, the smile she wanted to keep to herself only. Minnie looks at the ocean, it’s sunset already and they will leave tomorrow. Minnie is thankful to her friends who choose to stay with her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter