Chapter 2 : Empty

Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shuhua became alarmed when she heard Miyeon’s name. Shuhua gulped, not knowing what to do as she and Miyeon walked side to side while going home. Shuhua remember what she heard about Cho Miyeon

 

Flashback:

Shuhua and Yuqi are both freshmen, they’re both doing paperwork at the student council room when the popular girl from the dance club enters the room. It’s only her, Yuqi, Jisoo, the president and the president’s ‘girlfriend’ Jennie.

“Explain,” Jisoo asks Lisa who is seating near them. “EXPLAIN!!” Both Yuqi and Shuhua are shocked to hear their president shout. They never see Jisoo get mad as Jisoo is normally good at handling her emotions.

“I-I,” Lisa is struggling to explain herself. Shuhua and Yuqi look at each other. It might be the rumor of the break up of their Minnie unnie and her girlfriend.

“How could you do this again to Miyeon??? At this point you’re really torturing her!!!” Jisoo shouts again then Jennie sighs.

“Just what did Miyeon do to you for you to do this,” Jennie calmly asks. Total opposite of her girlfriend was outraged.

“It’s not about Miyeon. I really love Minnie,” Lisa said while her eyes are glued to the ground.

“Yeah? So you go ahead and seduce Minnie? Because you love her and you have to make her yours without considering that Minnie is in relationship with Miyeon?!” Jisoo asks. Lisa gulp and look down further. “Do you have any shame??” Jisoo asks again. Jennie sighs so loudly, meaning her temper is about to explode.

“You’re bull!” Jennie said. “Out of all people, it has to be Miyeon’s? Or does it have to be Miyeon’s?? Do you remember what you did last time?? You used to be Miyeon’s best friend!” Jennie said then held her forehead to calm herself down.

“Miyeon will surely never forgive you, remember this. Miyeon is innocent in all of this, all of this happened because of you, dumb,” Jisoo said. “Now! Me and Jennie are graduating, Miyeon is once again staying away from people. Who will check up on her next semester? You just take the most precious person to her!”

-end

 

Shuhua and Yuqi were told not to say anything to anyone. They never saw Miyeon nor stalk Miyeon on social media. They just heard Miyeon is beautiful, Shuhua surely is about to reconstruct it to be very beautiful. But, Shuhua knows being beautiful isn’t enough.

Miyeon gets her drink from a vending machine they saw along the way. Shuhua looked at her longer than she expected. Shuhua admires Miyeon for how strong she is but feels sad about what happened. They start walking again and Shuhua likes how comfortable the silence is, not the usual awkward one.

“Life surely gives me a lemon, isn’t?” Miyeon finally breaks the silence but Shuhua doesn't know how to answer it. “I know the moment you heard my name, a certain rumor suddenly popped up in your mind,” Miyeon said then smiled at Shuhua.

“Well, even if you're not interested, since it involves Lisa sunbae and Minnie unnie, people will spread it so big,” Shuhua said hoping it won’t offend Miyeon.

“Don’t be nervous talking about it. If I were being honest, I hope people will ask me if I’m okay rather than talk behind my back,” Miyeon said.

“You’re amazing,” Shuhua said. Miyeon stops from walking and looks at Shuhua with a confused face.

“Why do you think so?” Miyeon asks. Shuhua pouted and sighs.

“You still stand so strong despite what happened. People are actually expecting you to fall but you prove them wrong,” Shuhua said then Miyeon smiled.

“I’m about to fall but if I fall now, I'm afraid that I might not be able to get up,” Miyeon said as she looked at the ground. “It scares me,” Miyeon admits to Shuhua. To Shuhua, who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter