Chapter 7 : Kiss It Better

Black
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already their summer break and the seniors already graduate. Jennie invites them to her graduation party that will happen in 2 weeks. Shuhua goes to the library to study her Korean better. Shuhua goes to the bookshelf to pick a novel she will read to practice her reading. When she finally chooses something, a person from the other side touches the novel at the same time as Shuhua. Shuhua finally looked up to see the person. A scene flashes in Shuhua’s mind, like how the main character met the love interest in every story.

Shuhua’s eyes widened, like a wave of shock at the same time of emotion when she saw the person. Shuhua doesn't know why but she thinks she misses the person’s eyes more than anyone else. When Miyeon smiles, Shuhua finally lets out a breath that she doesn't know she’s holding.

“Going to practice Korean?” Miyeon asks. Shuhua nods and smiles. “Shall we practice it together?” Miyeon offer.

“Yeah! Sure!” Shuhua said. Shuhua is glad to see Miyeon again after a week. It’s just a week but Shuhua feels she hasn't met Miyeon for so long.

While Shuhua is reading, Shuhua asks Miyeon along the way for the meaning of the words she doesn’t know or understand well. Shuhua is glad that Miyeon is there so she doesn't need to search things on the internet for a meaning. Shuhua looked at her side and saw Miyeon drawing in her sketchpad. Miyeon is an art student but Shuhua thinks that Miyeon is an art itself. Shuhua wants to touch Miyeon’s nose to see if it’s real but she helps herself back.

“Jennie unnie is inviting us for her party, are you going to come?” Shuhua asks and wishes Miyeon will come but then there is Lisa and Minnie there also Soojin.

“I will think about it, I can suffer for a day just for Jennie unnie, you know? Jennie unnie is so kind to me but I’m afraid I might make her party awkward if I am there,” Miyeon said. Shuhua looked away from hearing Miyeon’s thoughts because she can’t blame Miyeon for it.

 

 

“So show me the moves that you learned!” Miyeon said. They go to the empty dance room. Since it’s summer break, all students go home to their parents.

“Sure!” Shuhua said. Shuhua shows Miyeon the moves she learned from Soojin, Miyeon smiles so lovely that Shuhua suddenly forgets her next move.

“Oh why did you stop? You’re doing well~” Miyeon said. Shuhua looked away from Miyeon and secretly smiled.

“I suddenly forgot my next moves,” Shuhua said then chuckled. Miyeon smiles again and it makes Shuhua forget to breathe again.

“Music is really good, it makes you feel better,” Miyeon suddenly said. Shuhua just nods at it. “I suddenly miss it,” Miyeon said and she means it. When Shuhua is dancing, Miyeon remembers the days when she first learned to dance and to sing.

“You do music before??” Shuhua asks then Miyeon nods.

“I am supposed to take a Music course but I choose Art,” Miyeon said.

“Woah, a genius! Can you sing for me??” Shuhua requested.


 

 

Minnie along with Lisa, Soojin, Yuqi and Soyeon are going to dance practice because Yuqi left something there. They were supposed to eat together when Yuqi suddenly said she forgot her phone at the dance practice room.

“How stupid you can get?” Minnie teases. They laugh and Soojin sighs when Shuhua hasn't replied to her.

They suddenly heard someone singing from the dance practice room and they totally got curious because it’s so good.

“Woah, that’s a good singer!” Yuqi said. Lisa makes a fist in her hands, she knows that voice.

“Let’s check it out!” Soyeon said. They rush to see who is singing and they all have their eyes widen.

 

‘Cause I spend every hour just going through the motions

I can’t even get the emotions to come out

Dry as a bone, but I just wanna shout

 

What now? I just can’t figure it out

What now? I guess I’ll just wait it out

What now? Somebody tell me, what now?   

 

The high notes and the mature attractive voice, it's a powerful type of voice and the owner of the voice is no other than Miyeon. Minnie is shocked because she never heard Miyeon sing, never once because Miyeon doesn't want to sing anymore. Minnie again gets lovestruck and fist form when she sees Miyeon singing for Shuhua.

“Woah!!! You’re so good though!! Why didn't you take music??!” Shuhua asks Miyeon and claps so hard. Miyeon smiles shyly at the complement of Shuhua. Soojin is watching it darken her eyes, knowing the reason why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter