Spring, not autumn

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

“So the two of you were together last Saturday night?” said Lisa looking envious. “Why didn’t you tell me anything?”

 

“I was invited but this guy wasn’t..” Jungkook pointed to Taehyung who was sitting beside him. “He was afraid I’d make moves on his sister..”

 

Taehyung smiled as he listened to him.

 

“You were trying to sleep next to her!” said Taehyung grabbing his collar slightly. “You wouldn’t even spare your friend’s sister..”

 

Lisa was feeling left out. 

 

Jungkook’s attention is always on Jisoo and Taehyung has only been following his stepsister for a month.

 

They used to hang out and have fun together before but now..

 

They have changed.

 

“Do you want to go and watch a movie together with Jisoo?” asked Taehyung to the two. “Well.. she loves going to the theaters.. she must be obsessed..”

 

“But you hate watching movies, don’t you?” said Jungkook. “You always say you can just watch them at home anyway... you’re too lazy..”

 

Lisa looked at Taehyung smiling.

 

His coldness is gone. He isn’t the type to smile like that.

 

He didn’t care about anything before. 

 

Why does she feel like something about him has changed?

 

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo and Rosè were having lunch at the canteen.

 

“I had so much fun at Junkyu’s party..” said Jisoo. “I’m glad I was able to swim before the end of the summer.. it was nice..”

 

Rosè was just looking at her.

 

She was thinking about what happened that Saturday night.

 

She saw something she shouldn’t have.

 

“Why are you staring at me like that?” asked Jisoo eating some bibimbap. “Do you want some of mine? Are you still hungry?..”

 

“No.. that’s not it..” she replied. “It’s just.. I was curious about something..”

 

Jisoo finished the bowl of bibimbap in the meantime.

 

“Are you and Taehyung really close?” asked Rosè. “Like.. you’re really comfortable with each other? You touch each other like nothing?..”

 

Jisoo looked perplexed.

 

Well.. she has bitten his hands and arms..

 

She has also stepped on his foot.

 

Although he has never physically fought with her..

 

They casually touch each other..

 

Then does that mean they’re comfortable?

 

She nodded.

 

“Really?” Rosè exclaimed. “Then.. never mind..”

 

The truth is she saw Taehyung Jisoo’s hair that night.

 

He looked at her just like how a man would look at his lover.

 

But since Jisoo said they were comfortable with each other, then maybe she shouldn’t be worried about them.

 

 

“Uhmm.. I almost forgot to tell you, you’re new here so let me warn you..” said Rosè. “If you ever see a good looking guy with thick eyebrows and sharp eyes.. don’t talk to him..”

 

“Why?” asked Jisoo as her brows closed in. “Who is that?”

 

Rosè pulled her close to her.

 

“I don’t even want to mention his name because they say he brings bad luck..” she whispered. “I heard the other students say he’s come back from the hospital after fighting some thugs.. Just avoid him at all costs..”

 

How is Jisoo supposed to avoid someone she doesn’t even know how he looks like?

 

She just nodded to end the conversation.

 

She isn’t interested in making fights anyway.

 

 

———————————————————————

 

 

Taehyung heard a knock on his bedroom.

 

He was sure it was Jisoo. 

 

Who else would knock at his door at 10 pm if not her?

 

She must want to bother him again.

 

He had the manhwa in his hands when she entered the room.

 

Shhh. He forgot to hide it.

 

“You said you didn’t like reading that!” She laughed at him. “Are you planning to seduce someone too? Look at this guy..”

 

Taehyung threw it inside his drawer.  

 

“What are you doing here instead of sleeping?” he asked shouting. “You should rest so your brain can work well tomorrow for the exams!”

 

Jisoo showed him some facial masks she had been hiding behind her.

 

“Rosè gave me these..” she said smiling. “Let’s try them, huh?”

 

“I won’t..” he refused strongly. “Why would I try that? I don’t trust-...”

 

Jisoo grabbed both of his hands and pinned them on the bed board.

 

Taehyung nervously gulped as he looked at her.

 

What is she trying to do with him?

 

Then Jisoo pushed him down the bed and carefully put a facial mask on his face.

 

“Don’t remove it.. I’ll be angry..” she said before putting one on her face. “Our skin needs to breathe too.. let’s put this on for 15 minutes..”

 

She pulled his body closer to her and laid her head on his stomach.

 

Taehyung’s throat moved fast. Why does he feel so tensed?

 

How could she just touch him as she pleases without worrying how he might feel or think?

 

He cleared his throat.

 

“Why don’t you do this alone in your room instead of disturbing me?” he asked poking her arm. “Can’t you do something by yourself?”

 

Jisoo yawned. She was feeling sleepy after studying for the whole afternoon.

 

“It’s more fun to do it together..” she said closing her eyes. “You’re used to being alone.. that’s why your life is boring..”

 

“What?” he raised his voice. “Get off of my stomach.. how dare you use me as your pillow?”

 

Jisoo smiled.

 

“Your stomach is as soft as my pillow..” she said teasing him. “You should start doing some exercise..”

 

“I’ll show you next time my abs..” he replied. “You’re saying this because you haven’t taken a good look..”

 

Then it was silent.

 

Jisoo fell asleep. She was sleeping already.

 

Taehyung poked her arm lightly.

 

Very lightly that his finger didn’t almost touch her arm.

 

As if not wanting to disturb her sleep.

 

Maybe because he didn’t want her to go back to her room yet.

 

Probably because he wanted to see more of her.

 

He waited for 15 minutes to pass then he removed his and her masks.

 

He fanned her face wanting it to dry.

 

He couldn’t move his body. He didn’t dare to.

 

He was observing her side profile.

 

Her long eyelashes.. sharp nose.. and pink lips..

 

How can her lips be that pink even without putting any lipstick?

 

He was deep in thoughts when his door opened and there entered Hannah.

 

He was startled. No matter who saw it, seeing them lying on the bed together would make them misunderstand.

 

Specially their parents. His mom and her dad.

 

He got up and pushed Jisoo down on the floor.

 

“What happened?” asked Jisoo opening her eyes. “Did you push me? How can you be so mean-..?

 

Then she saw her mom.

 

“Ohh.. I was looking for you in your room..” Hannah said surprised. “What are you two doing?”

 

Taehyung had his gaze glued on the floor. 

 

Is he embarrassed? Is he feeling guilty?

 

Did he get caught doing something wrong?

 

Why has he become speechless?

 

Jisoo stood up.

 

“We put on some of these facial masks.. just like the one I gave you before..” she said going out. “I’ll go to sleep now since he has been wanting to kick me out of his room ever since I came in..”

 

Jisoo looked back at him and glared at him.

 

Then she kissed her mom goodnight and went to her room right away.

 

Hannah looked back at Taehyung’s door.

 

There are only two rooms on the second floor. 

 

Can she move in her daughter’s room with Seojun instead?

 

Does she have an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter