First meeting gone wrong

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 1

 

Taehyung was putting his notebooks inside his backpack when he heard Lisa and Jungkook calling his name.

 

They’d usually hang out with each other after their classes until late at night but it wasn’t the case that late afternoon.

 

His dad told him to go home early because his new family members were coming.

 

New family members.. that’s right.. after his dad got divorced five years ago, he is going to get engaged with another woman.

 

Taehyung doesn’t really hate the idea at all. He is okay if his dad is happy about being married again.

 

He and his mom still contact each other often, they parted ways in a friendly manner.

 

But it doesn’t mean he loves this idea either. It’s quite burdensome for him to be getting used with other people.

 

Particulary because he has to live under the same roof with them. 

He thinks it’s awkward to meet someone for the first time and live together immediately.

 

They aren’t going to be just any housemates but a family. That word that holds a deep meaning, a family.

 

 

Jungkook put his arms around his shoulders. He knows Taehyung doesn’t like people being clingy and touchy with him.

 

“Get off of me..” said Taehyung immediately. “I have to go home now..”

 

“Why?” asked Lisa looking disappointed. “Aren’t you coming to my house? You said we’d study together, didn’t you?”

 

The three of them have been friends since their freshmen days. They are all sons of doctors which is why they probably get along well together.

 

“I have a lot to do at home tonight..” Taehyung replied. “I’ll come with you tomorrow..”

 

“Then am I going alone at Lisa’s house?” asked Jungkook. “Her dad makes me a little scared though..”

 

Lisa pushed him a little and walked alongside Taehyung.

She has secretly liked him for a year  but she’s unaware that Jungkook has already noticed it.

 

“What do you need to do?” asked Lisa grabbing Taehyung’s arm. “What is it?”

 

Taehyung stopped and pushed her hand gently.

 

“Just some family matters..” he replied. “Go on and have fun by yourselves today..”

 

He doesn’t want them to know that his dad is going to get married soon. He plans to hide this fact until he can.

 

Everyone knows that his dad is the director of S. Hospital and it’ll make quite an impact if a word spreads out.

He hates dealing with these kinds of things.

 

He just wants to live in peace. He doesn’t want to be surrounded by rumors.

Even the title of his dad as a director is a burden for him.

 

 

He took the bus to go home and was walking towards their house when he saw some stuff and luggages outside the gate.

 

His new family members have arrived. 

 

He walked a few more steps and saw his dad bringing those heavy luggages inside.

And beside him, was a beautiful woman smiling and talking to him.

 

Taehyung was actually suspiscious at first. How did his dad fall for a small restaurant owner of a far away island?

 

As soon as he saw the woman, his question was answered.

His dad fell for her looks. That was quite obvious.

 

He was greeted by her warmly. He almost thought they had met already when they didn’t. 

 

“You look even more handsome in person..” Hannah said holding his hands. “I have always wanted a son to be honest..”

 

That is way too much for a first greeting. 

 

His dad asked him to help with the luggages and so he did.

Taehyung is the quiet type, he would just follow without trying to argue or talk back.

 

“Your sister is upstairs now..” his dad said. “Bring this luggage in her room..”

 

He has always liked to have a younger sibling. He always gets jealous whenever he sees Jungkook arguing with his brother Yedam.

 

But for some reason, a younger sister who isn’t blood related to him doesn’t make him feel excited.

 

It is even harder to be close with someone only a year younger than him, specially when it’s not the same gender as him.

 

He already knows he won’t be able to open his heart to his step sister.

 

He opened the door in front of his room. It used to be the guest room but has now been transformed to a princess-like room.

 

The walls have just been painted pink and the lovely decorations are quite painful for his eyes to see.

 

He hates that color the most. He doesn’t even know why but he only likes neutral colors. White, gray and black. That’s it.

 

In fact his closet only has clothes with those three colors.

 

 

There was no one inside that room he had just opened. He put the luggage down and turned the lights on.

 

He went outside and knocked on the bathroom beside it.

But the lights were off.

 

The only room left to be checked was his own room.

He doesn’t just let any people inside his room.

 

He is a clean freak. He was already mad at the idea that that girl might be inside his room.

 

He opened his room and really found her inside.

 

He wanted to stay cool about it being the first meeting but he found her picking up some dried squids from the floor.

 

“I’m sorry.. I opened the wrong room..” she said sitting down on the floor whike holding a box. “I was closing the door but then this box got caught on the door’s handle and suddenly-..”

 

“Get out..” he said gently while gritting his teeth. “Please go..”

 

She slowly stood up and bowed her head to him.

 

“I’m Jisoo..” she said embarrassed. “I personally dried these in the island to give them to you but..”

 

“Let’s introduce ourselves later..” said Taehyung. “Please get out from here..”

 

Jisoo ran outside leaving a few dries squids behind.

She felt more embarrassed than hurt.

 

It is her favorite snack and just wanted him to have a taste..

But still, it was her fault for entering the wrong room.

 

Meanwhile, Taehyung opened his windows immediately to let the fishy smell go away.

 

Even he hasn’t brought any food to his room because he doesn’t want it to smell but that Jisoo girl brought not just any snack but a smelly box of dried squids in his room.

 

He picked up the remaning ones on the floor and sealed them in a plastic bag.

 

He went to the kitchen and saw Hannah and Jisoo cooking some food while his dad was busy helping  preparing the table.

 

He threw the plastic bag in the trashcan and glanced over at Jisoo.

He couldn’t take a proper look at her before.

 

Jisoo was wearing a purple dress and her hair was braided prettily.

 

He kept looking at her until he met eyes with her.

Well, he can’t say she looks ugly. She must have taken after her mom.

 

They sat on the table and started eating soon after.

It was their first ever meal together.

 

“Taehyung, your sister will start going to your college tomorrow..” said his dad. “Take the bus with her tomorrow so she can get used to it..”

 

Taehyung just nodded his head.

 

“When are you going to take your license?” asked his dad. “You should get it soon so you can start driving your sister around Seoul..”

 

He nodded his head again.

He only needs to pass the last exam and he’ll be able to take it anyway.

 

“Jisoo’s taking up Theater Arts..” his dad continued. “That building is just next to yours so wait for her and then come home together tomorrow..”

 

But he knew he had promised Lisa he’d hang out with them.

Still, he nodded his head. He didn’t want to argue.

 

The first night ended fast. 

 

Taehyung was waiting for Jisoo outside the gate of their house.

He hates waiting for someone the most. 

 

He doesn’t like it when he has to wait because he is a very punctual person.

 

After five minutes, Jisoo came running out while panting.

She was wearing a bright pink top that it almost made Taehyung blind.

 

“Follow me..” said Taehyung walking towards the bus stop. 

 

Jisoo walked side by side with him. She was still nervous around him after making that mistake last night.

 

And she felt hurt when saw those dried squids in the trashcan. But she tries to understand him by blaming herself for breaking into his room.

 

“About entering your room..” she tried talking to him first. “I didn’t mean to-...”

 

“That’s our bus..” said Taehyung running and leaving her behind. “Hurry up..”

 

Jisoo ran after him and almost lost the bus.

 

She can’t believe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter