The answer is right there

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

 

“Why did you leave me behind?” Taehyung was still panting. “You should have waited for me..”

 

He sat down at the bus stop while catching his breath.

 

“It’s because.. we never went to college together.. apart from the first day..” she said confusedly. “I thought you didn’t want to..”

 

“They know the truth now, don’t they?” said Taehyung standing up upon seeing the approaching bus. “Let’s get on..”

 

 

Taehyung sat in the middle part of the bus where there were two vacant seats but Jisoo chose to just stand in front of him.

 

“Sit down..” said Taehyung. “Why aren you standing when there’s a seat here?”

 

Jisoo shook her head and didn’t answer him.

 

“If the driver suddenly brakes and you fall down, don’t cry..” he said. “I won’t even help you get up..”

 

She looked at him and rolled her eyes.

 

“I won’t fall down, don’t worry about me..” she replied. “I have a really good sense of balance, I won’t-...”

 

The driver suddenly braked because of a dog crossing the street.

 

Jisoo twisted her feet and fell on Taehyung’s lap.

 

She couldn’t say anything at first. 

 

She felt embarrassed not only because she was bragging about having a good sense of balance but also because she ended up sitting on top of him.

 

But what’s worse is that she could feel one of his hands on her bottoms.

 

What should she do in that situation?

 

Should she pretend like nothing happened and stand up again?

 

Should she be angry at him for touching her ?

 

But it was her fault that she fell on his lap..

 

Before she could even do anything, Taehyung pushed her to the seat next to his without saying anything.

 

They could hear some elders talking about them..

 

“Young kids nowadays do everything even in public..”

 

“They sit on each other’s laps.. they hug and kiss in public..”

 

“How would their parents feel?”

 

Jisoo looked at him whose face turned into a red tomato.

 

He was just shaking his legs while looking in front of him.

 

Them he hurriedly got off the bus without looking back at her.

 

Why is he so affected when it was her that he unintentionally touched?

 

Jisoo followed him and walked beside him glaring at him.

 

“You..” she said with suspiscious eyes.. “You’re embarrassed, aren’t you? Your face says so..”

 

Taehyung touched his hot cheeks.

 

“What are you saying?” he asked. “Why would I be embarrassed?”

 

“Because you touched-..” said Jisoo shyly.

 

“My hands didn’t touch anything..” he said. “There was nothing to touch anyway.. so why would I be embarrassed?”

 

His words poked her anger once again.

 

She bit his hand and ran away immediately.

 

But she was stopped by Jungkook and Lisa in front of the building’s entrance.

 

“Are you a zombie?” asked Taehyung running to reach them. “You.. a dog or a zombie, it’s either one of those..”

 

Lisa noticed the mark his hand.

 

“It turned red..” she said holding his hand. “Are you okay?”

 

But Taehyung pulled his hand immediately.

 

Jisoo could sense the sparks between those two.

 

She could feel there is something going on.

 

Rosè must be right afterall. Are they really meeting secretly behind everyone’s back?

 

“You met them already, didn’t you?”  said Taehyung to Jisoo. “They are my friends..”

 

She nodded shyly. She straightened her back and bowed a little.

 

“Why are you acting like a graceful woman so suddenly?” asked Taehyung looking at her behaving differently. “Why do you look shy?”

 

“Maybe because she’s seen me?” said Jungkook jokingly. “Girls are usually shy towards the person they like..”

 

Jisoo laughed all of a sudden.

 

“You’re laughing now?” said Taehyung pushing her arm gently. “You bit me a few seconds ago and now..”

 

Then Jisoo saw Rosè coming. She still hasn’t said anything about her relationship with Taehyung.

 

“I’ll go now..” said Jisoo waving goodbye to the three friends. 

 

She ran to Rosè who was smiling upon seeing her.

 

“I was waiting for you..” said Jisoo. “Let’s go inside now..”

 

She crossed her arms with hers and entered their building.

 

“Are you free on Saturday night?” asked Rosè. “My little brother is throwing a party with his friends and my mom told me to invite someone so I wouldn’t feel out of place..”

 

“What are we going to do?” asked Jisoo while going inside the room. “Are we going to finish late?”

 

“We will rent a villa with a pool..” she replied. “If you want you can sleep there with us.. that will be nice..”

 

Jisoo agreed immediately. She has dreamed of sleeping over a friend’s house before.

 

She has never done it when she was living in Nokdo because they were all neighbors and there was no need to sleep in her friend’s house.

 

 

 

———————————————————————-

 

 

Jisoo looked at herself in the mirror.

 

Does she look okay wearing that sleeveless crop top and denim shorts?

 

She kept on checking her outfit. She wasn’t really sure.

 

She packed her one piece bathing suit and all the other essentials for a sleep over.

 

She went out of her room and found Taehyung coming out from the bathroom.

 

His eyes widened and scanned her from head to toe.

 

A man’s eyes would be full just by looking at her.

 

“Where are you going dressed like that?” he asked trying hard not to look elsewhere but her eyes. “Is it okay to go out half ?”

 

“Half ?Who?Me?” said Jisoo feeling outraged. “This isn’t even revealing..I need to wear this before the summer ends..”

 

She looked at herself again and pouted in disappointment.

 

“I thought I looked good..” she whispered. “I don’t care anymore.. I will be swimming later anyway..”

 

Taehyung’s eyes drifted to the bag she was carrying.

 

“Aren’t you sleeping at home tonight?” he asked. “Where are you going with that big backpack?”

 

“I’m going to Rosè’s brother’s birthday party..” she replied. “They’re going to hold the party in a villa.. I’m excited to go swimming..”

 

If she’s going to swim.. that does mean she’s going to show some skin?

 

Taehyung couldn’t help but wonder. Her skin is fair that even a woman might look at her.

 

“Don’t swim..” he said all of a sudden. “They say the weather will be cold tonight..”

 

Jisoo’s brows lifted up. He was lying to her. It was 40 degrees just that afternoon.

 

“Whatever..” she said. “I’ll go now.. Rosè is waiting for me..”

 

 

Taehyung was reading the manhwa he had bought the other day.

 

Only a few chapters were left but he couldn’t focus on reading.

 

He was thinking hard who Jisoo was going with to that birthday party.

 

Should he have just come with her even though he was’t invited?

 

He was drumming his fingers on his desk when Jungkook gave him a call.

 

“Why?” he asked coldly. “What do you need? You said you’d be busy tonight and didn’t want to study together, didn’t you?”

 

“What are you so angry about?” asked Jungkook. “Did I say anything when you didn’t come last week?”

 

Taehyung could hear some women’s voices in the background.

 

“Where are you?” he asked. “Are you partying with girls again?”

 

Jungkook chuckled.

 

“I came to the birthday party of my brother’s friend..” he replied. “I called you because I wanted to tell you t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter