His eyes say otherwise

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 15

 

 

 

 

 

“We’re going to a club tonight.. I heard there are lots of pretty girls there..” said one of his co-interns. “Do you want to come? This is the first night we aren’t on duty..”

 

Taehyung hasn’t gone to a club ever since he met with Jisoo at the engagement party.

 

He doesn’t feel like meeting anyone anymore.. he doesn’t want to drink or hook up with some girls..

 

Seeing Jisoo after a long time must have woken him up. It made him get to back to his senses.

 

“Maybe next time..” said Taehyung patting his colleague’s shoulder. “I want to rest tonight..”

 

He was also tired after working his last night shift of the month. 

He took his phone out and looked at the time.

It was 7 am. He might as well sleep all day today.

 

He stretched his arms as he went inside their house. He has been living there again for almost a month. But why does it feel a little strange today?

 

He looked over the kitchen while going upstairs. 

Dried squid snacks and dried seaweed were all over the table,

 

He recalled the first day he met Jisoo. He despised her for bringing those smelly squids in his room.

 

He was smiling until he arrived in front of his room. 

Then he turned his head to the door in front of his.

 

Jisoo used to sleep in that room. With her around, their house was a lot livelier. 

 

He shook his head wanting to get rid of those thoughts. He shouldn’t think of her anymore. 

 

He was about to open his room when he heard Jisoo’s room open.

 

His eyes got wide. He couldn’t believe who was standing in front of him. 

 

Is he just that tired that he is seeing things? Is he just sleepy? Is he thinking too much of her that he is seeing her in front of him now?

 

“Ohh.. you came?” asked Jisoo smiling. “I’ll talk to you later.. I have a bus to catch!”

 

She went away running. She’s late for her bus.

 

Taehyung tried blinking a few times. Was that a ghost? She was gone in a second.

He pinched himself. It hurt him.

Did he really see her come out of her room?

 

He opened her room right away. He had to check it with his own eyes.

 

And it wasn’t a dream. That disorganized room.. it was empty until the other day but now it’s turned into a sty again. 

Her clothes and books were all over the room.

 

It only means that his piglet is back.. Jisoo is back in that room.

 

He went downstairs to find his dad. He has a lot to ask him. 

 

How come he didn’t know anything about this? Why didn’t he tell him Jisoo would be living with them again?

 

His dad was sitting in the living room. He was watching some news while having breakfast.

 

“Dad..” he said running to him.

 

Seojun didn’t seem surprised. He didn’t tell him on purpose.

 

“When has she moved in?” asked Taehyung. “Will she be living with us again?”

 

Seojun nodded his head nonchalantly. 

 

“Then why didn’t you tell me?” asked Taehyung displeased. “Is this why you begged me to come back here? Because you were planning to tell her to live here again?”

 

“She finally wants to finish her studies..” his dad replied. “I know you want her to finish college too..”

 

Of course he wants it. But it doesn’t mean they have to live together again.. how will he face her everyday? How will he forget his darn feelings? 

 

He was doing fine until then.. he was doing his best to ignore his heart but if he sees her everyday.. how will he handle it?

 

“I will move out..” he said. “This isn’t..”

 

“Why are you so bothered? You said you were over her..” said Seojun. “You told me you have forgotten her already.. and she told me she was fine living with you..”

 

She said she was fine? It was okay for her to live with him?

 

“If you move out of this house then it only means one thing Taehyung..” Seojun said. “That you still like her..”

 

Taehyung’s brows closed in. He needs to stay in that house.. he can’t move out and let him know that he still has feelings for Jisoo. 

He can’t.. he won’t tell anyone about it.. 

 

He will avoid her.. he will try not to bump into her.. he’ll get himself even busier in the hospital.. he’ll take all the night shifts.. he will make it so he doesn’t need to see her at home.

 

He went back to his room after talking with his dad. He was feeling sleepy before but now all his senses have been awoken.

 

He needs to take a shower to cool himself off. 

He went to the bathroom and noticed Jisoo’s stuff has returned.

 

There are now two sets of towels, bathrobes and toothbrushes in there.

 

For some reason, he feels like he’s finally home.. he’s finally back to his old home.

 

As soon as he took a shower, he fell asleep immediately. He slept like a baby. He hasn’t slept so well for a long time.

 

He opened his eyes and it was already evening. He slept for 10 hours.

 

He got up abruptly and opened the door to hear if Jisoo was there.

And he could hear her talking with his dad downstairs.

 

They would be having dinner in a few minutes. He can’t.. he doesn’t want to.

 

What will he do now? How will he avoid her? Then he remembered his colleagues going to the club that night.

 

He changed clothes and went down soon after.

 

“Where are you going?” asked Seojun. “We’re having dinner now..”

 

“I’m going to meet some friends..” he replied. “We agreed to meet in the club tonight..”

 

He saw Jisoo’s face getting gloomy. Was she hurt? She needs to get her hurt in order for her to hate him..

 

“Don’t you have any shift tomorrow?” asked his dad. “Why don’t you eat a little before going?”

 

“I’m already late, dad..” he said. “I’ll see you directly in the hospital tomorrow afternoon.. I might not come home tonight..”

 

He went out of their house. He couldn’t bear to see Jisoo anymore. She looked disappointed in him.. he succeded but he wasn’t happy..

 

He was about to go outside the gate when Jisoo ran after him and grabbed his arm.

 

She let it go quickly after realizing he was staring at her hand.

 

“I can eat at a different time if you want.. you can have dinner at 8 and I’ll eat earlier or later..” she said smiling. “I mean it doesn’t matter what time I eat but..”

 

“You don’t have to..” he replied. “Just eat when you want.. I don’t care..”

 

Was he too cold? He was begging her inside his mind not to insist anymore.

 

“It’s just.. I think you still find me uncomfortable..” she said lowering her gaze to the ground. “I don’t want you to feel like-...”

 

“Think whatever you want..” he said cutting her off. “I’m in a hurry right now.. I don’t think I can hear all your thoughts..”

 

He went out without sparing her another glance.

He hopes she gets a glimpse of what he was trying to do. She will be tired of talking to him someday, won’t she?

 

 

The club they went to was not far from his house, he arrived in no time.

His colleague was right, it was full of pretty girls. 

 

“I thought you wouldn’t come tonight..” said his colleague. “I knew you couldn’t resist it.. you need to go to places like this every now and then..”

 

Taehyung just smiled as he ordered a drink.

 

“We only see blood, cuts, bruises, intestines and other human body parts everyday that I can’t even eat anything at home..” another guy said. “It feels refreshing to be here.. specially being surrounded by all these gorgeous girls..”

 

They chatted between them apart from Taehyung who was silently drinking by himself.

 

He has never gone to a club with someone before. He would usually go just by himself and drink alone.

Then he’d be approached by some girls asking him to drink with them.

 

And he’d end up drinking until he doesn’t know what he’s doing anymore.

That’s how it usually goes.. 

 

And even that night, the same cycle continued. 

 

A woman approached him putting her hands on his shoulders.

 

“Want to have a drink?” she asked in a sultry voice. “I’m also alone tonight.. just like you..”

 

Well.. it seemed he was drinking alone even though he was sitting just beside his colleagues.

 

“Why don’t we go out and talk?” asked the woman.

 

It usually started like that. He’d go out and talk with them but he never got to talk with any of them. Because they did more than talking.

 

“I’m sorry.. I don’t feel like talking with anyone..” he said smiling onesidedly.

 

It’s been a while since he last refused a woman at night. 

Although he wants to get distracted, he doesn’t feel like doing it.. he doesn’t want to see other women..

 

He’d rather get drunk by himself.. 

 

 

 

————————————————————————

 

 

 

Jisoo could hear her phone’s alarm. She’s not yet use

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter