Confusion and jealousy

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 7

 

They were going back home that afternoon.

 

Jisoo has been avoiding Taehyung’s eyes. She’s still shy about what happened last night.

 

She searched a lot online what it meant to have been kissed on your cheeks.

 

Bu she was still unsure. She wanted to observe him more.

 

She doesn’t want to think that deeply.. because maybe it doesn’t mean anything to him..

 

“Did you enjoy your stay there?” asked Hannah to Taehyung. “Were you able to sleep well last night?”

 

“I think I understand why Jisoo loves living there.. the view was amazing..” he replied. “I fell for Nokdo in an instant.. even though I have seasickness, I think I will go back there again..”

 

Seojun looked at his son.

 

“That’s right..” he said. “After we get married we will renovate the house there so you can have your own room.. you should also start getting yourself used to riding a boat..”

 

Taehyung almost forgot his dad was going to get married soon.

 

He has been living in the same house as Jisoo for more than two months and the fact that their parents are getting married hasn’t sunk in yet.

 

“I know Jisoo prepared a lot for your birthday..” said Seojun looking back at the two. “You are wearing couple hoodies.. you look cute together.. I think I have to buy one for me and Hannah..”

 

“Let me choose it for you..” said Jisoo smiling. “I will make sure to pick a pretty color for you and mom..”

 

“You still haven’t called me dad yet..” said Seojun looking at her through the mirror. “I’m starting to feel you don’t like me as your dad..”

 

Jisoo was flustered. It’s true she has still never called him dad but that’s because she feels shy..

 

“Oh.. I didn’t mean..” she stuttered. “I will call you dad from now on.. dad..”

 

The couple giggled seeing her getting agitated.

 

They arrived home a few minutes later.

 

Jungkook and Lisa were waiting for them outside.

 

“Happy birthday!” Jungkook ran to Taehyung. “Let me hug you once since it’s your birthday..”

 

“Hey..” Taehyung tried hard not to touch him. “You are being extra clingy today..”

 

“You look good wearing purple..” said Jungkook taking a closer look at him. “I thought you hated it..”

 

Lisa shyly approached him and gave him her gift.

 

It was a bvlgari necklace. 

 

Jisoo saw it too. Why did it have to be a necklace of all gifts?

 

She felt insecured. She gave him a necklace but its price was not even a quarter of what Lisa had given him.

 

The two remained for dinner at their house.

 

They usually hang out there during their vacation, Lisa has even slept in Jisoo’s room that used to be the guest room.

She was familiar with the house.

 

“I saw your father yesterday, he said you put a lot of thought on his gift..” said Seojun talking to Lisa. “You are always thoughtful... you give him gifts on every occasion..”

 

“Why did dad tell you that?” said Lisa covering her face. “It makes me look weird..”

 

“She asked me a couple of times which necklace looked better in Taehyung so I chose one but she didn’t buy what I told her to..” Jungkook said laughing.

 

It seemed like everyone was having a nice time apart from Jisoo who was feeling a little left out.

 

They were talking about memories that didn’t involve her.

 

She excused herself and went to the kitchen to help her mom prepare food.

 

“What are you doing here instead of having fun with them?” asked Hannah. “I’m about to finish cooking..”

 

Jisoo smiled and hugged her mom tight.

 

“Did something happen last night?” asked Hannah looking at her. “Did you fight with Taehyung?”

 

She noticed the two were being unusually quiet since they met that morning.

 

The two would usually argue with everything but they kept their mouth shut during the entire ride home.

 

“We didn’t..” said Jisoo smiling. “I’m just maybe tired from travelling.. and I haven’t seen you since last night.. I missed you mom..”

 

Hannah hugged her again. She was honestly feeling uneasy about leaving Jisoo and Taehyung alone together.

 

She knows the two are still young, they might not know what they are supposed to do or they aren’t supposed to do.

 

“You have to tell me everything, okay?” said Hannah holding her face. “Be honest with me just like how you have always been..”

 

Jisoo nodded. 

 

 

 

After the dinner, Jisoo washed the dishes while Taehyung took charge of cleaning the dining room.

 

They still haven’t said a word since last night.

 

Taehyung approached Jisoo who has just finished cleaning the sink.

 

He saw she was having difficulty removing the apron with her wet hands so he helped her untie the knot on her back.

 

“About last night..” said Taehyung carefully. “I-...”

 

“That’s fine..” Jisoo said suddenly. “I heard that in Europe they kiss when greeting other people.. we aren’t living in 1500 so there’s no need to think about it..”

 

Taehyung was taken aback by her abrupt answer.

 

He thought hard what to say to her to make her not misunderstand but it seems he shouldn’t have..

 

Jisoo turned to face him and noticed he was already wearing the necklace Lisa had given him.

 

She felt a little jealous. He clearly told her last night that he liked her gift but he chose to wear Lisa’s gift first.

 

Taehyung saw she was staring at the necklace.

 

He seemed to have understood what she was thinking in her head.

 

“Ahhh.. Jungkook forced me to wear it..” he said covering his neck. “I didn’t want to but..”

 

“Did I say something?” asked Jisoo frowning. “It looks pretty good on you.. anyone can see it’s expensive..”

 

Then her eyes went to the hoodie he was wearing. She saw there was a big stain on the sleeves.

 

“How could you stain it like that?” she asked shouting. “Are you a kid? You don’t even know how to eat without getting your clothes stained?”

 

“Why are you getting angry?” he asked looking at his sleeves. “There was too much sauce and I didn’t-..”

 

Then Jisoo walked away from there and went straight to her room.

 

What’s with her? Why does she look mad?

 

He was confused by her reaction.

 

Then he remembered the conversation they had with his dad and her mom in the car.

 

Seojun and Hannah are getting engaged in a few months then later on they will get married.

 

That means.. he and Jisoo will be..

 

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

 

His mood changed all of a sudden.

 

 

————————————————————————

 

 

“I am not going home with you today..” said Jisoo. “I will wait for Rosè to finish her practice..”

 

Taehyung accompanied her in front of her building.

 

“What practice? Is she joining the festival?” he asked. “They usually finish at 8 pm though..”

 

“Then I’ll come home after eight..” she replied nodding. “I’ll see you later.. I mean tomorrow..”

 

She was going inside when he pulled her bag making her stop again.

 

“Why?” she asked annoyed. “I’m running late..”

 

“I’ll wait for you..” he said. “It’s too dangerous for a girl to go home at night..”

 

“But I might be having dinner with Rosè..” she said. “You will just bother us..”

 

“Bother you?” he said irritated. “Then I won’t wait for you.. I honestly hate waiting so you just go home by yourself..”

 

Taehyung went away looking annoyed as ever.

 

He met Jungkook on the way to their first class and didn’t even stop to greet him.

 

 

“Let me guess what happened this morning..” said Jungkook sitting beside him. “You fought with your sister again and you lost in an argument with her and now you’re mad because you don’t know how to talk with her again..”

 

Taehyung looked at him. Does his face show what he’s thinking in his head?

 

He was literally thinking about what to do so he could talk to her.

 

He got mad and left like that. He’s sure Jisoo will not be sparing him even a glance.

 

“I’m participating in this year’s festival..” said Jungkook. “You know how I wanted to sing last year but I got sick and I couldn’t practice for two weeks..”

 

“You are going to the practice tonight, aren’t you?” asked Taehyung smiling again. “I’ll come with you..”

 

“You?” asked Jungkook surprised. “Are you sick? You hate this kind of stuff, don’t you?”

 

Taehyung has never even attended any kind of festival in college so he was shocked to hear him say he would be coming just to see him practice.

 

On the other hand, Lisa has also just requested to participate in it.

 

She would be dancing together with other students from different departments.

 

She participated last year and wanted to do it again since she loves dancing.

 

She became more excited when she learned from Jungkook that Taehyung was coming to their practice.

 

“Then we can have dinner together..” said Lisa while having lunch at the canteen. “You can ask Jisoo to join us too..”

 

“She’s having dinner with her friend..” Taehyung replied disheartened. “We can just eat by ourselves..”

 

Then they saw Jisoo coming with Rosè.. and behind them was Mino.

 

How did they end up being together? 

 

And Mino even sat with them in the same table.

 

Taehyung couldn’t help but stare at them while he ate.

 

He saw Jisoo laughing and touching his arms.

 

 

“I told you I like eating alone..” said Mino. “Why are you so stubborn?”

 

Jisoo gave him the food she ordered.

 

“I said I’d treat you, didn’t I?” she said putting on a smile. “And don’t you lie saying you like eating alone.. so just eat and shut your mouth..”

 

Rosè was still scared of Mino. She was just remaining silent while the two were arguing in front of her.

 

“Aren’t you afraid of me?” asked Mino looking at Jisoo. “Look at everyone’s reaction.. they’re staring at us..”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter