When you know it’s impossible

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

 

 

“Jisoo, wake up..” Hannah was tapping her arms gently. “Daughter.. have breakfast..”

 

Jisoo opened her eyes slowly. Her head was spinning.

 

Did she get drunk last night? She doesn’t remember anything..

 

“I thought you were already awake..” said Hannah. “You were speaking in your sleep.. what did you dream of? You kept saying one more time.. one more time.. let’s do it again.. are you okay?”

 

Jisoo’s face became red. Was she saying it loudly in her sleep? 

 

Why did she even dream of that? Why was she dreaming of kissing Taehyung? 

 

She went to the bathroom and washed her face. It was Saturday morning.. the day after the festival..

 

She can’t remember anything after drinking with Mino. She shouldn’t have lied about drinking well..

 

Her stomach was killing her.. her head was aching.. and she even had a weird dream.. not really weird but.. could she call it a bit ?

 

As soon as she opened the door of the bathroom, she saw Taehyung standing in front of her.

 

She closed the door again. She can’t face him. Her dream seemed so real that she feels embarrassed just looking at him.

 

Taehyung opened the door.

 

“What are you doing?” he asked looking at her face. “You still have toothpaste on your lips..”

 

He wiped her lips with his thumb. That small movement made Jisoo flinch.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” asked Taehyung. “Are you still drunk? You don’t know how much trouble I had to go through because of you.. I carried an elephant on my back last night..”

 

“I’m sorry..” she said before pushing him out of her way and running back to her room.

 

Taehyung went inside the bathroom and collapsed on the floor.

 

He put his hands on his chest. His agitated heart hasn’t been pacified yet. 

 

It has been acting crazy since last night. That kiss shook his whole self..

 

But he felt relieved that she doesn’t seem to remember it. She must have been totally wasted like she wished to be..

 

She went to have breakfast and found her mom and dad still at the table talking between them.

 

“I heard you were drunk last night..” said Seojun laughing. “I can’t imagine you being drunk.. did you have so much fun at the festival?”

 

Jisoo smiled awkwardly. She felt embarrassed. 

 

“Her brother carried her on his back..” said Hannah. “It must have been exhausting to carry her from the bus stop until here..”

 

Hannah looked at Jisoo. Her eyes were still filled with worry.

 

“It’s okay to drink once in a while..” said Seojun. “She can drink as long as her brother is with her..”

 

But that’s what makes Hannah even more worried. 

 

“I will tell you now since you’re here Jisoo..” said Seojun. “Your mom and I..”

 

Jisoo felt a thud on her chest. Is he going to say they have already set the date for their engagement? Then that means the wedding date has also been decided..

 

“Your mom and I will go to a business trip together this coming week. We’ll go in the morning and come back the day after.. I have to meet my other colleagues..” he said. “There’s a conference I must attend and I also want to bring your mom.. is that okay with you?”

 

Hannah looked surprised. She didn’t know anything about it.

 

“Well.. of course..” said Jisoo smiling. “I can handle myself here and also Taehyung is here with me-...”

 

That’s right. She’ll be alone with him for two days and one night.

Alone with him. Just the two of them.

 

Why does she feel nervous all of a sudden? It isn’t like something is going to happen.. 

 

But Hannah was feeling more nervous than anyone else. 

 

“Can’t I remain here with these two kids?” she asked Seojun. “I can just meet your colleagues next time..”

 

“I have already booked the tickets and the hotel for us..” he replied. “Next time I’ll bring those two with us so they won’t get bored..”

 

She knows she can’t leave those two alone.. not that time.. not when the fire is still being lit..

 

Jisoo noticed her mom being uneasy. She knows exactly what she’s thinking.

 

“Can I invite Rosè here at our house?” asked Jisoo pretending to smile. “She’s been wanting to come here and have a pyjama party with me.. I’ll ask her if she can..”

 

“That’s a nice idea..” said Seojun. “Invite your friend to sleep here.. I’ll tell Taehyung not to disturb you.. Well, he doesn’t usually care about anyone else..”

 

 

——————————————————————

 

 

“Where are we going? Why did you bring me outside today?” asked Jisoo following after Taehyung. “My mom was looking at us before and-..”

 

“She’s looking at us because you are acting weird..” he said turning to her. “You were sweating when I asked them if we could go outside together..”

 

Jisoo bit her lower lip as her eyebrows closed in.

 

“Don’t do that..” said Taehyung quickly. “The movie is starting in a few minutes, let’s hurry up..”

 

He still feels distracted by those lips. He can’t stare at her for more than a second..

 

“Movie? You’re treating me?” asked Jisoo smiling. “Let’s go now..”

 

She ran happily to the bus stop. She looked like a kid going out for a trip.

 

Taehyung feels energized whenever he sees her smiling like that happily.

 

She’s the only one who makes him feel like he’s back to his childhood days.. 

 

With her around, every little thing becomes a source of happiness.. her pure heart is making him discover things he has never even paid attention to before..

 

 

“Why did you buy just one popcorn and coke?” asked Jisoo. “You have money, don’t you? Aren’t you buying me one too? How could you be so-..?”

 

“I’m not drinking.. that is yours..” said Taehyung. “Do I look like I would make you get hungry? You have gained weight ever since you came to our house, didn’t you?”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes while sipping on the coke.

 

“Let’s sit there..” said Taehyung pointing at the most corner part of the cinema. “That should be a good place..”

 

Jisoo agreed. She doesn’t like to hear other people’s voices when she watches a movie.

 

The movie started. Jisoo’s eyes were glued on the big screen. It was thriller movie.. every second was precious so she was really focused.

 

Her left hand was inside the popcorn bucket and her right hand was holding the coke.

 

Taehyung was looking at her.. again mesmerized by her side profile.. her lips are tempting even in the dark..

 

He lightly tapped his cheeks with the back of his hands. He should distract himself from those thoughts.

 

Popcorn. That’s right. He should eat some popcorn and think of something else.

 

He slid his hand inside the bucket. But his hand didn’t touch the popcorn but Jisoo’s hand instead.

 

Her hand was soft.. as soft as her lips. He looked at her who was already looking at him pouting those kissable lips of hers.

 

“You said you wouldn’t eat..” said Jisoo. “Why are you stealing from me?”

 

He stared at her for a few more seconds. Is it also wrong to just want to see her that close?

 

He sighed. He didn’t know anymore. 

 

He took her hand out from the bucket and entwined his fingers with hers.

 

“I won’t eat..” he said looking at the big screen. “But let me hold your hand like this..”

 

Jisoo’s throat moved fast. What is she supposed to do?

 

Should she pull her hands from his? Of course she should..

 

They shouldn’t do that.. a brother shouldn’t hold his sister’s hand..

 

But she remained still. She didn’t move her hands. She let him hold them. 

 

Why did she do that? Why did she let him do that?

 

The thriller movie didn’t make her scared at all.. what scared her more was her heart that moment..

 

It shouldn’t be beating like that.. it shouldn’t act up.. but why is it fluttering at the touch of his hands on hers?

 

Is it okay for her to feel like this when they will soon be brother and sister?

 

The movie ended. It ended pretty quick than usual. Everyone was going outside but the two of them remained seated, their hands still intertwined.

 

“Shall we go out now?” asked Taehyung without looking at her. “The next movie will start soon..”

 

Jisoo expected him to let her hands go but he didn’t.

 

They went out of the theater still holding hands. 

 

“Last night..” said Taehyung glancing at her. “Don’t you remember anything?”

 

They continued walking towards the exit.

 

“The last thing I can remember is drinking with Mino..” said Jisoo looking quickly at him. “Then after that..”

 

She remembered her dream.. that rated 19 dream she had.. it was so vivid that it felt real..

 

Then she saw Mino coming towards them. He saw them.

 

She forgot he worked there.. wait.. their hands..

 

Jisoo pushed Taehyung and ran to Mino.

 

“Mino!” she called his name exaggeratedly. “You were here? I was looking for you..”

 

Mino was surprised to see them holding hands but he pretended not to have seen anything.

 

“Why are you yelling at my work?” said Mino looking at Taehyung who was sending lasers through his eyes. “You came to see a movie with your broth-..? With Taehyung?”

 

Jisoo nodded and pushed him towards the wall.

 

“What happened after I drank last night?” asked Jisoo whispering. “Did I do something wrong? Taehyung is asking me if I remember anything from last night..”

 

Thankfully, Mino didn’t see what happened at the bus stop.

 

“You passed out and he brought you home..” he replied. “Don’t say to anyone that you can hold your liquor.. it only took you three shots to knock you out..”

 

Jisoo felt relieved. She still thinks that kiss was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter