One story ends, another begins

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

 

 

Jisoo could feel someone breathing on her face but she didn’t open her eyes yet.

 

She still feels sleepy.. her body wants to stay on bed.. but why does it feel so different than usual?

 

She opened her eyes slowly. It was still blurry but she saw a man’s face in front of him.

 

She was sleeping on his arm. He smiled at her.. but his eyes looked sad..

 

It was only that moment she remembered what she was facing that day..

 

She slept in that hotel room.. alone with Taehyung and without letting her mom know about it..

 

She got up and checked on her clothes immediately. She recalled what happened the night before.

 

Thanks God she’s still wearing the robe. That means nothing happened, right?

 

“It makes me look bad if you look at me with that face..” said Taehyung messing her already messy hair. “I didn’t do anything to you while you were sleeping.. I wouldn’t take advantage of anyone when they aren’t conscious.. specially you..”

 

“I didn’t say anything..” she said feeling shy for doubting him. “It’s just.. I fell asleep soon after we-..”

 

“That’s right.. how could you sleep so sound after doing all of that?” asked Taehyung. “And you.. you hugged me in your sleep all night.. I couldn’t even sleep a wink..”

 

Jisoo stood up and looked at the time on the side table.

It was already 9 am.

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” she asked surprised. “I thought we were supposed to take the first train.. my mom will surely be worried..”

 

Taehyung became silent for a moment.

 

“Let’s hurry up now..” she said. “I’ll put my clothes on.. you should also change yours..”

 

“Can’t we just stay here?” asked Taehyung. “I don’t want to go home.. I just want to stay with you like this.. just the two of us..”

 

She didn’t answer him and just went inside the bathroom to change.

 

They can’t start the day like this.. they might argue or become emotional again and things might go out of control.

 

Taehyung held her hands tight the moment they got on the train until they arrived in front of their house.

 

He doesn’t want to let go of her hands.. he can’t let those hands slip away..

 

“This is the end..” Jisoo uttered. “This is the beginning but this is also our end.. Taehyung oppa.. I should start calling you oppa, shouldn’t I?”

 

She pulled her hands from him and took the courage to open the gate to their house.

 

Hannah and Seojun were sitting in the living room.

 

“I told you they’d be together..” said Seojun approaching the two of them. “We shouldn’t have worried about them..”

 

Hannah was remaining still.

 

“I’m sorry dad.. aunt..” said Taehyung. “We went to see the sunset at the beach last night but we couldn’t take the last train to get back..”

 

“I’m not angry but you should have called us at least..” said his dad. “Hannah couldn’t sleep at all.. she couldn’t call neither of you and stayed up all night..”

 

Hannah stood up from the couch.

 

“Where did you stay last night?” she asked, her voice was shaking.

 

Jisoo, who was staying behind Taehyung, has just stepped forward.

 

But she couldn’t get herself to tell her they stayed in a hotel.

 

“Jisoo.. tell me where you slept last night..” Hannah asked her again.

 

Taehyung saw Jisoo’s hands trembling. He knows how scared she is of her mom to find out about them.. he knows she loves her and doesn’t want to disappoint her..

 

“Aunt.. it was my fault for bringing her to the beach last night..” he said trying to act brave. “I shouldn’t have-..”

 

“We slept in a hotel last night, mom..” said Jisoo. “We didn’t have any choice so-..”

 

Hannah slapped her cheek.

 

Jisoo was surprised that she couldn’t even make a sound. 

 

“I’m sorry aunt..” said Taehyung hiding Jisoo behind his back. “Please blame me.. it was me who liked her first.. it was me who did all of this..”

 

Seojun couldn’t comprehend what his son was saying all of a sudden.

 

“What are you saying, Taehyung?” he asked angry. “You shouldn’t say it like that.. I know you like Jisoo as your sister but-..”

 

“I’m in love with her, dad.. I love her as a woman..” he replied. “I’m sorry..”

 

He held Jisoo’s hands.

 

Seojun was left speechless. What did his son just tell him? 

 

How could he like his own sister? Why was he unaware of everything that was happening inside his house?

He felt ridiculed. He felt betrayed.

 

“Let’s talk ..” Seojun’s voice sounded strict. “Will you leave us for a minute, Hannah.. Jisoo?”

 

“Dad..” Taehyung closed his eyes as he opened his mouth. “I’m going to live with mom in Ulsan.. I’m leaving today..”

 

Jisoo was surprised. He didn’t tell her anything about moving out of that house. Why? Why would he have to leave?

 

“I went to see her the other day and talked to her already..” he continued. “I have already prepared the papers for my transfer in college.. and I’ll start next week in Ulsan..”

 

“What did you say?” Seojun sounded more furious. “You didn’t even consult me with any of these.. how could you just-..?”

 

“I’m sorry dad..” he replied. “I’m really sorry but I don’t think I can attend your engagement nor your wedding.. I won’t disagree with it but please don’t expect me to attend.. it’s just too much for me..”

 

Seojun’s anger turned into pity. How couldn’t he even realize what his son was going through?

How could a father not be able to see through his own son?

 

Jisoo and her mom went upstairs while Taehyung stayed with his father in the living room.

 

“Please go on with your wedding..” he said. “I don’t want to be selfish.. and Jisoo wants her mom to be happy with you so-..”

 

“So you’re leaving me?” Seojun looked sad. “I also need you.. I need my son as well..”

 

He held his hands.

 

“I also need you dad.. I love you but I need time.. if I live in this house with Jisoo.. I won’t be able to forget my feelings..” said Taehyung in the verge of crying. “And that’s wrong.. so please.. let me leave this house..”

 

“How can I be happy without you around?” Seojun felt wronged. “How can a dad be happy without his son? And I’m sure Hannah and Jisoo will also feel bad about this..”

 

“Don’t feel bad about me.. I will be fine..” he replied. “I will be okay.. so just go on with everything you have planned.. it’s my fault for liking someone I shouldn’t have.. I knew it from the start that we are going to be siblings but I still.. I fell for her..”

 

Seojun hugged him tight. It is his first time seeing him so emotional like that. 

He has never once argued nor got angry with him.. he has always obeyed him.. and he can’t believe he chose his happiness instead of choosing his..

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo was also having a tearful conversation with Hannah in her room.

 

She has been crying non stop.. she can’t control her tears.. she keeps feeling bad for everyone.. she broke her promise with her mom, she lost Seojun’s trust and she made Taehyung decide to leave his own house.. all of these because of her.

 

She has realized that no matter what she told him the night before.. whether it was running away together, fighting for their love or choosing to continue their parents’ wedding.. Taehyung would have chosen to leave her.. 

 

Because he knows what’s right.. he also doesn’t want her mom and his dad to be disappointed and sad..

 

“I’m sorry.. how could I have slapped you like that?” said Hannah holding her face. “Mom is really sorry to you.. please forgive me..”

 

But that slap didn’t hurt at all. The pain she’s going through that very moment is different.

 

“What if he really leaves because of me?” asked Jisoo. “How can I face his dad if he leaves like that because of me? Who am I to ruin their father-son relationship? How can someone like me try to interfere with them?”

 

Hannah was hugging her tight. She knows her daughter is not at fault.

 

“I should have just stayed in the island mom.. I wasn’t supposed to come with you in the first place..” she continued. “I should have listened to you and come later when you were already engaged.. then maybe none of this would have happened.. then maybe no one would have been hurt..”

 

“Dear.. don’t blame yourself for this..” said Hannah. “It isn’t your fault.. there is no one to blame..”

 

“Will you tell Taehyung’s dad that I will go back to Nokdo tomorrow.. no.. I can go today.. I just need to pack my bag..” she said crying. “Tell him that I will leave so there’s no reason for his son.. there’s no reason for him to go away..”

 

Hannah wiped her tears. 

 

“You should rest Jisoo.. you have been crying ever since you came back.. you are tiring yourself like this..” she said. “You shouldn’t get sick..”

 

A pink box on her desk caught Jisoo’s eyes. 

 

She opened it carefully. She sighed upon seeing it.

 

It was the silver dress she chose to wear for her mom’s engagement.

It arrived the day before at their house. That means Taehyung’s suit was also in his room.

 

She sat down on her bed. She was feeling dizzy after crying so much.

Her head was feeling heavy and so was her heart..

 

“You should lie down and close your eyes a little..” said Hannah. “I’ll be here next to you..”

 

And so she lied down while she held Hannah’s hands. 

 

She didn’t want to sleep.. she just wanted to close her eyes for a moment..

 

But she fell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter