Glowing in the dark

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 3

 

“You said you didn’t want to tell anyone..” said Jisoo. “What are you going to do now? You told your friends and-..”

 

Taehyung handed the money to the taxi driver.

 

“Thank you..” he said before opening the door.

 

Jisoo opened the other door and tried to stand up by herself but Taehyung lifted her and brought her inside their house.

 

Hannah was surprised to see them coming inside at that hour. 

 

“What happened?” asked Hannah looking at Jisoo being carried in bridal style. 

 

“She hurt her ankle so I had to bring her home..” said Taehyung. “We’ll go upstairs first and tell you what happened in details later..”

 

He went upstairs and put Jisoo on her bed.

 

“You should lose weight..” he said panting. “Or maybe you’re really a pig living in this messy room..”

 

He noticed she hadn’t cleaned up yet. 

He removed all the manhwas on her bed and put them neatly on her side table.

 

“Will you clean up for me?” asked Jisoo. “Will you throw the garbage there as well?”

 

Taehyung glared at her.

 

“Do I look like I would clean your room?” he asked smiling. “Am I your servant? How dare this little pig order me around..?”

 

“Do I have a round nose?” asked Jisoo throwing her a book. “How can you call me a piglet?”

 

But Taehyung continued picking up things on the floor and ended up cleaning the entire room.

 

Jisoo looked satistifed with his cleaning.

 

“What will I do now? I can’t attend any of my class this week..” said Jisoo frowning. “Do you have any old notes that I could borrow so I can study at home?”

 

Taehyung sat on her bed and took her shoes off.

 

“You shouldn’t wear shoes when you lie on your bed.. why are you so dirty?” he asked as he put them down. “About that.. I’ll give you my notes and help you so stop worrying, okay?”

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“I’m sorry you had to tell them about me..” said Jisoo with her head down. “I mean.. I know you don’t like them to know about me being your stepsister and-..”

 

“You aren’t weird.. I don’t hate you..” said Taehyung. “Don’t misunderstand the reason I wanted to keep it a secret.. it’s just.. I don’t want anyone to talk about you or me.. my dad is quite well known to the public and they might say things to you and your mom..”

 

Jisoo sniffed.

 

“Are you crying again?” asked Taehyung lifting the hair that was covering her face. “Do you cry everyday? What the heck is wrong with you?”

 

Jisoo started laughing.

 

“I was just sniffing.. why would I cry?” she said smiling. “But what you said really touched me.. I thought you hated me..”

 

“I need to go back..” said Taehyung standing up. “Rest for today.. I’ll see you later..”

 

 

And he knew he’d be bombarded with questions the moment he went back to see Jungkook and Lisa.

 

“Your dad is getting married?” asked Lisa. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

 

“Because you’d be acting like this..” Taehyung replied. “You’re turning this matter into something big by being like this..”

 

Jungkook still hasn’t processed into his head that Jisoo will be Taehyung’s sister. 

 

He has just started to realize that the reason why he is trying to tell him to get away from her was because she’ll be part of his family.

 

“Hey.. why are you staring into space?” asked Lisa to him. “Are you getting your senses back?”

 

Taehyung grinned as he took his old notebooks from his locker.

 

“Why?” asked Lisa. “Why are you bringing them home?”

 

“I’ll be teaching Jisoo this week..” Taehyung replied. “She can’t attend any lessons so I have to tutor her..”

 

Lisa noticed he was smiling at the mention of his sister’s name.

 

It wasn’t a usual sight. 

 

She also looked happy seeing him smile like that every now and then.

 

“Then you won’t be hanging out with us for the whole week?” she asked. “Even on Saturday?”

 

Taehyung gave it a thought. 

 

“That seems to be the case..” he replied. “But we will be seeing each other during our class anyway..”

 

“That’s right..” Lisa said thoughtlessly. 

 

 

 

———————————————————————

 

 

“Who eats ramyeon while studying?” Taehyung sighed as he stared at Jisoo. “You slept yesterday and couldn’t even study and now.. you’re pigging out..”

 

Jisoo was eating ramyeon when he came inside her room to help her study.

 

“I became hungry waiting for you so I had to ask mom to cook ramyeon..” said Jisoo with full. “Do you want some? I can ask her for some more..”

 

Taehyung sat beside her and put his notes down the table.

 

“Don’t ask me to bring you to the toilet later because I won’t..” he said. “Finish it as fast as you can.. I also have a lot to study by myself..”

 

Jisoo hurried up eating. The boiling ramyeon was finished in a few minutes.

 

“Let’s start..” she said wiping her red lips. “You can start..”

 

Taehyung started explaining her some maths and she followed intently.

 

But only a few minutes later, she felt the need to go to the toilet just like what he had expected.

 

“I think.. I think I need to go to the bathroom..” said Jisoo shyly. “It’s coming out..”

 

Taehyung smiled as he nodded his head.

 

“Help me..” she said pouting her lips. “Let me lean on you at least..”

 

He stood up and assisted her to go to the bathroom.

 

He was waiting outside the door when he heard a scream inside.

 

Should he open the door or not? What if she’s still sitting on the toilet?

 

What if she’s still not dressed yet? What if he sees something he shouldn’t?

 

He knocked on the door and called her name a few times but he could only hear her groaning.

 

“I’m going inside Jisoo..” he said before opening the door.

 

He started laughing as soon as he went in. He found her inside the bathtub.

 

“I fell out of balance and got stuck here..” said Jisoo sullen. “Help me get up..”

 

“This isn’t being clumsy anymore..” said Taehyung reaching his hands to her. “This is being stupid..”

 

Jisoo got mad and pulled his hands instead making him fall on top of her inside the bathtub.

 

As soon as their bodies touched and their cheeks brushed against each other, she regretted what she just did.

 

It was too weird of a position that they could only stay silent and try looking away from each other.

 

Seconds later, they both could hear some footsteps approaching.

 

It was Jisoo’s mom for sure.

 

Taehyung got up suddenly and went out leaving Jisoo inside the bathtub.

 

“Your daughter is there..” he said pointing to the bathroom. “Will you help her?..”

 

Hannah went inside and scolded her for being careless.

 

Taehyung waited for her inside her room. 

 

He fanned himself as he suddenly felt hot after that happened.

 

He could still feel her cheeks touching his. It felt weird.

 

Jisoo came back accompanied by her mom.

 

“She needs a lot of helping hands..” said Hannah making her sit beside him. “I’m glad she has a reliable brother like you..”

 

He smiled at her mom and continued giving lessons to Jisoo who was glaring at him.

 

He noticed it and pinched her cheeks.

 

“Focus, won’t you?” he said. “If you don’t listen to me, I will let you do this alone..”

 

“How could you just leave me like that in the bathroom?” asked Jisoo scowling. “You wanted to make fun of me, didn’t you?”

 

“You always accuse me of bad things.. did someone bully you in the past?” he asked. “I wonder what happened to your brain to stop working..”

 

Jisoo bit his arm.

 

“You.. you bit me?” Taehyung shouted as he pulled himself from her. “Are you a dog? Why are you so childish?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter