The truth that can’t be changed

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

“What are you doing here?” asked Mino seeing Lisa behind the old building where he would paint during his free time.

 

Lisa turned her back immediately and wiped the tears in her eyes.

 

She heard the conversation between Jungkook and Taehyung before..

 

That Taehyung is in love with Jisoo..

 

Mino gave her a handkerchief but he sat behind her making sure she wouldn’t feel burdened by his presence.

 

“It’s my first time talking to you..” said Lisa. “And you see me crying like this.. like a fool..”

 

Lisa cried more. She let her heart cry out for more..

 

“Aren’t you asking me why I’m crying like this?” she asked facing him. “You’re making me look worse..”

 

“Isn’t it obvious why a girl would cry behind everyone’s back?” said Mino taking the handkerchief from her and wiping her face. “You must have been rejected.. your face says it all..”

 

Lisa smiled. He was way too straightforward.. he didn’t even hesitate to tell her that..

 

But she wasn’t rejected.. she couldn’t even confess..

 

“What do you usually do when they reject you?” asked Lisa. “How can I overcome this childish heartache I’m experiencing right now?”

 

Mino shrugged his shoulders.

 

“I don’t know.. I haven’t experienced it yet..” he replied. “I’m too coward to even confess to the person I like..”

 

“We’re the same..” she said. “I never told him I like him but I feel pathetically rejected..”

 

“Have you liked him for long?” asked Mino turning his head to her. “I have liked the same girl for five years now..”

 

Lisa looked surprised. How can someone like a person for five years without telling it to her?

 

She feels lucky to have been rejected only after more than a year..

 

She would feel more depressed if it were longer..

 

“Sometimes it’s better to stay quiet and let it pass..” he said. “The heart will get tired.. it will forget and it will forgive whoever hurt you.. some relationships are just not meant to be..”

 

Then Mino saw Jisoo approaching them.

 

She was smiling upon seeing him together with Lisa. She was waving at them happily, not knowing she was the cause of someone’s heartbreak..

 

“You two were together? You looked quiet serious..” said Jisoo grinning.

 

Lisa stood up from her seat. She doesn’t hate her.. she knows it isn’t her fault..

 

Infact, she is more worried about her.. 

 

A more painful love story is about to unfold...

 

 

————————————————————————-

 

 

“So who else are we going to invite?” asked Seojun. “We don’t need to gather everyone at our engagement party.. only our close friends and relatives.. then for the wedding, it should be the biggest of all the weddings we have seen before..”

 

They were having dinner while discussing about the upcoming engagement party.

 

“Jisoo, you can invite your friends..” he said. “I know Taehyung won’t want to invite other people because he thinks it’s a bother so I’ll invite his friends myself..”

 

Jisoo looked at Taehyung who was just silently eating.

 

It has been a few days since they started talking about the engagement.

 

The invitations have already been sent to everyone.

 

“Your mom and I are going to the tailor’s tomorrow morning for the fitting..” he said. “You can go with Taehyung after your classes in the afternoon..”

 

“I don’t think I can go tomorrow..” said Taehyung. “I have a lot to study for my upcoming exams.. she can go by herself and I’ll go alone the day after tomorrow..”

 

Jisoo looked upset. Why did he say it coldly like he doesn’t want to go with her?

 

“And about the wedding..” Seojun said smiling.

 

But Taehyung stood up from his seat all of a sudden and excused himself.

 

“That guy doesn’t like planning anything..” Seojun said making fun of him. “I’m glad Jisoo is here to help us prepare..”

 

“That’s right..” said Hannah. “Jisoo loves doing this kind of things.. why don’t we let her try making the invitations for our wedding?”

 

Jisoo smiled. She sure loves organizing these events.. she loves helping out in any occasion but this time.. she wasn’t feeling excited..

 

Everytime they mention a word about this engagement or wedding.. she can feel her heart being ripped..

 

She went upstairs after washing the dishes. She doesn’t know why but she found herself standing in front of Taehyung’s room.

 

She knocked on the door and opened it herself. He was lying on his bed..

 

It was only 9 pm.. he’d usually read a book or study at that time but he was already on bed..

 

“Are you sleeping already?” asked Jisoo stepping inside carefully. “Do you want to help me in making the invitations?”

 

Why did she ask that? Was that a provocation? Is she trying to get him into a fight with her?

 

Taehyung opened his eyes and got up.

 

“It seems like you enjoy doing it..” he said. “You can do it yourself..”

 

Is he angry at her? Why is he being so cold?

 

Jisoo closed the door and went to her room.

 

 

She started working on those invitations her mom had asked her to do. 

 

But she can’t seem to focus.. her mind keeps thinking of something else.. of someone else..

 

What’s going to happen to her now? Will she be able to call him her brother in the future?

 

She sighed as she stared into her laptop.. she put her head down on the desk.. she was thinking.. and thinking... until she fell asleep..

 

On the other hand, Taehyung still couldn’t sleep.. he has been rolling on his bed for more than an hour..

 

He was pretty annoyed to be honest.. how can Jisoo smile like that? Why would she ask him to help her make those invitations?

 

He stood up from his bed and went outside the room.

He knocked on her room. Nobody answered.

 

Can he go inside? Is she sleeping already?

 

He first peeked downstairs if the lights were still on.. he was afraid Jisoo’s mom would suddenly show up and see him going inside her daughter’s room.

 

After checking thoroughly if everyone was asleep, he went inside her room and found her sleeping on the desk.

 

He turned her laptop off. He her hair gently. He smiled seeing her sleeping face.. she looked adorable pouting in her sleep..

 

He carefully carried her to her bed without making a sound. He didn’t want to wake her up..

 

Then he knelt on the floor while looking at her beautiful face. How can someone look so beautiful without doing anything?

 

He’d usually make fun of her but he only does that because he finds her reaction lovely..

 

His hands seemed to have a mind of their own as they kept touching her face.

 

He looked at the clock on the side table. It was almost 11 pm.. 

 

He can’t believe it’s been 30 minutes already since he came inside her room.

 

Time flies whenever he’s with her.

 

He took a closer look of her face again.. and after a lot of hesitation, he kissed her forehead..

 

“Goodnight Kim Jisoo..” he whispered before standing up.

 

But the moment he lifted his knees from the floor, the door opened and there came inside Hannah.

 

Why now of all moments? Why did he have to get caught?

 

He stood straight like someone who’s receiving some military training.

 

“I just.. I was.. uhmm.. I am.. I had to..” he couldn’t find the right words to say.

 

What should he tell her? That he wanted to kiss her goodnight? 

 

“Come out..” said Hannah. “Let’s talk outside..”

 

But he didn’t want to talk.. he’s afraid of her.. his hands were trembling already..

 

“I came here because I wanted to turn her laptop off..” he said. “I didn’t do anything..”

 

Jisoo heard his voice and slowly opened her eyes..

 

“Mom..” she uttered. “Taehyung..”

 

She got up abruptly. What is everyone doing in her room?

What is happening?

 

“You should get back to sleep..” said Hannah. “Let me talk with Taehyung for a minute..”

 

Jisoo got on her knees right away.

 

“Just talk to me m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter