Other people change, some don’t

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 13

 

 

Should he go or not? Should he see them or not? 

 

Taehyung still hasn’t decided yet whether to go or not to Jungkook and Rosè’s engagement party.

 

It was the same day he went to see his dad to talk about his internship.

 

He had just gone to see him. He had just been convinced by his dad to come back to Seoul and live with him again.

 

It wasn’t an easy decision for him but seeing his dad looking as thin as ever, it broke his heart.

 

And so he’ll start his internship in S. Hospital under the guidance of his dad. 

 

He is a little burdened, that’s a fact.. what if he disappoints him? What if he can’t make him proud?

 

But that isn’t the problem now.. he’s still in a daze at this very moment.

 

He parked his car on the side of the road just near the hotel where the engagement was going to be held.

 

He was drumming his fingers on the stirring wheel while keeping his eyes outside.

 

He was observing every person going inside. It seemed like he was waiting for a certain someone’s appearance.

 

It’s been good damn four years already.. it’s been a long time.. he has always told himself he has moved on but why is he hesitating right now?

 

Does he still love her? No.. it isn’t possible.. he has dated some women already.. he wouldn’t have dated if he hadn’t moved on yet..

 

Does he still feel guilty? Yes.. that’s correct.. he must still be feeling guilty and sorry for everything that happened.. that’s why he keeps getting worried about facing her..

 

He has made a decision. He will go inside, congratulate the celebrants and quickly go back to Ulsan.

 

That would be enough, right?

 

He didn’t seem to know anyone inside. There were only new faces around him.. he still hates socializing.. he was hoping to find Jungkook at least..

 

He looked left then right.. just how many people have those two invited?

It was quite crowded inside.

 

He walked forward and managed to go through all those people.. 

Then someone caught his attention.. it was a woman..

 

Is he really becoming a womanizer? Why was his attention on a woman again?

 

The woman has a long brown curly hair and is wearing a grayish mini dress.. she looked quite hot even just from behind..

 

Good thing he didn’t meet her in a club otherwise he might have talked to her already.

 

He was getting close to her.. but why does that dress look quite familiar to her? Why does it feel like he has already seen that in the past?

 

And now that he is standing just behind her.. even the woman looks very familiar..

 

Darn it.. he recognized her quite late.. the woman in front of him is that person he was worried to see..

 

It was Jisoo.. that first love of his.. that girl who almost became his sister..

 

He took a step back. But he was too late. 

Jisoo has already seen him. She turned around before he could even hide.

 

“Kim Taehyung..” she said surprised. “It’s you, right?”

 

Of course it’s him.

Although he has dyed his hair quite a few times and his body has matured more.. he’s still himself.. he’s still that Kim Taehyung.

 

“It’s been a while..” she smiled as she said those words. 

 

Jisoo hasn’t changed either. Her hair grew longer and changed color, she lost the baby fat in her cheeks and now looks mature yet still pretty.

 

But her smile hasn’t changed. That pretty heart shaped lips of hers haven’t changed.

 

What should he tell her? It feels awkward for him.. it’s like meeting her for the first time once again..

 

He was about to speak to her when someone suddenly put her hands around his arms.

 

“Taehyung oppa..” said the woman.

 

It made him flustered. Not only because he is in front of Jisoo but also because he doesn’t remember meeting this woman who is clinging onto him.

 

She must have been one of those women he met when he was drunk. 

 

He saw Jisoo’s eyes looking confused. He could still easily see through her. She looks shocked to see a woman being so touchy with him.

 

“Who is this girl?” asked the woman looking at Jisoo. “Don’t tell me she’s  your new woman.. she doesn’t seem to be that type you are into..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes were asking for help. moved fast. Just who is this girl and what happened to his lovely Taehyung?

 

“Uhmm.. you are..” Taehyung was looking at the woman again. 

 

Then he finally remembered where he saw her. He met her in a college festival in Ulsan just before his graduation.

 

“I’m Somi..” she replied. “I gave you my number that night after we had a drink but you never called me.. I didn’t know you’d be acquainted with Jungkook.. he’s my ex to be honest..”

 

That Jungkook playboy again.. it’s good thing he has changed after falling for Rosè..

 

The woman was still talking with him without giving Jisoo a chance to speak to him.

 

Jisoo didn’t know what to do. If she leaves without saying anything, she might appear rude but if she stays there they might think she’s a bother.

 

She was pointing her heels on the floor while looking sideways when she felt a hand on her waist.

 

“You’ll be dizzy if you keep looking around..” he said.

 

That deep voice sounded familiar. His hair color changed and his face has become slimmer but his thick eyebrows remained the same.

 

“Mino.. what are you-..?” she said surprised.

 

“You’re still the same crazy Jisoo, I guess..” Mino smiled at her.

 

Then his eyes went to Taehyung whose eyes were also looking at him.

 

It reminded him of the first day they met inside the clinic. The same look, the same gaze and the same woman..

 

“Maybe you aren’t the only person who has stayed the same..” he whispered as he glanced at Jisoo.

“Mind if we talk?”

 

She looked at Taehyung first. But what was she expecting? He seemed to be busy with his.. with his woman..

 

They excused themselves and grabbed their seats.

 

“How have you been?” asked Jisoo in high spirits. “I was really curious about you.. do you still paint?”

 

“Well.. I paint for a living now..” he said. “I held some exhibitions last year.. I’ve become quite famous you know..”

 

Jisoo felt like a proud mom. She knew he’d make it big.

 

“It’s all thanks to you..” said Mino smiling. “You cheered me up a lot..”

 

“I didn’t do anything..” she replied. “It’s all because you are already talented.. you just needed to show it to the world..”

 

Mino noticed she had some icing on her hair.

 

“I can’t believe you’re still careless after all these years..” he said as he lifted his hand to her hair.

 

But Jisoo was surprised and pushed his hand on the table making the glass of wine spill on his pants.

 

She covered before she could even scream in embarrassment.

 

She took some tissues from her pouch immediately and wiped his pants but Mino held her hands.

 

“What are you touching?” he asked teasing her. “You’re really.. clumsy.. you were clumsy before but you’ve become clumsier now.. you spilled coffee on me four years ago and now you spilled wine on me.. you touched my chest that time and now you’re touching my thighs casually.. how can someone not change even for a bit?”

 

Jisoo felt more embarrassed. It’s true her clumsiness hasn’t changed at all. 

 

“But that makes you lovelier..” Mino continued saying in a low voice. “Being the same..”

 

She couldn’t hear him well.

 

“What did you say?” she asked putting her ears close to his mouth. “What is it you were saying again?”

 

“Jungkook and Rosè are here..” he said pointing at the two approaching them.

 

They sat beside them.

 

“Can’t believe we are meeting like this after a long time..” said Jungkook sipping on his wine. “This makes me look back when we used to have lunch together in the canteen..”

 

“That’s right.. it feels a little weird to me to be honest..” said Rosè putting her hand on his arm. “This party has turned into a mini college reunion..”

 

Then she saw Taehyung coming towards their table.

 

Her eyes landed on Jisoo right away. Should she tell her he’s coming? Should she act like nothing?

 

It seemed to her that Jisoo has already moved on from him. But she doesn’t know about Taehyung yet.

 

She was still in a daze when Jungkook suddenly called his name.

 

That darn tongue of his fiancè. She has been telling him not to be so chatty and obvious to everyone but he hasn’t changed a bit. He keeps on getting worse.

 

“Come sit here with us Taehyung..” he said pulling the chair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter