The promise he made

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

 

“It isn’t like that mom..” Jisoo tried explaining. “We were hugging because we have just fought.. you know how childish I am, right? Then he consoled me and-...”

 

“You can go to your room..” said Hannah. “I’ll talk to him for a minute..”

 

Jisoo looked at Taehyung who was just looking on the ground without saying anything.

 

“But..” said Jisoo looking troubled. “Mom.. I swear..”

 

She left her mom with Taehyung and went upstairs to her room.

 

Why did they have to be seen by her mom that moment?

 

They shouldn’t have hugged in the first place and not in front of their house!

 

 

“I won’t tell anything to your dad..” said Hannah. “I don’t want him to worry about you two..”

 

Taehyung kept his eyes glued on the floor.

 

He doesn’t know what to say. 

 

“You two are still young.. I know that..” she continued. “But.. you are adults now.. you should know what to do or not with your sister..”

 

“Sister.. That’s right.. she’s going to be my sister soon..” said Taehyung. “ I won’t do anything that a brother shouldn’t do to his sister.. I promise that..”

 

“I will trust you..” said Hannah. “You should go and rest now.. you must have been tired..”

 

Taehyung bowed his head and quickly went upstairs.

 

He looked at Jisoo’s door. 

 

Should he check on her? Or should he leave her alone?

 

Were they doing something they shouldn’t have?

 

He looked on the ceiling to organize his thoughts. What should he do?

 

He clearly knows Jisoo is going to be his sister soon.. he knows he shouldn’t even be having all these thoughts right now..

 

Why does it have to be her? Why does it have to be the daughter of his future mom?

 

He was feeling conflicted as he went inside his room.

 

 

The day after, Jisoo woke up half an hour earlier so she wouldn’t bump into him.

 

She wants to distance herself from him so her mom would stop her suspicions over the two of them.

 

She went out of the house early, took the first bus and arrived in college earlier than usual.

 

She met Lisa who has also just arrived.

 

“Where is Taehyung?” asked Lisa looking around. “You two always come together.. but it seems you came alone today.. did you fight again?”

 

Jisoo shook her head while smiling.

Everyone asks her about him. Even if she’s not with him, it seems like his presence always lingers within.

 

“I just came a bit early..” she replied. “He will be here soon..”

 

They sat down on a bench and talked for a little.

 

“I wanted to thank you for telling him to dance..” said Lisa. “I will be able to see him even closer these days until the festival..”

 

Jisoo smiled. 

 

“I also wanted him to try something different..” she replied. “He doesn’t do anything in his life but study.. he should experience other things to have a great view of life..”

 

They talked about Taehyung for quite some time then they noticed Jungkook coming.

 

“That guy is smitten with your friend..” said Lisa pointing at Jungkook. “He fell for her last night.. he talked about her all the time after they practiced their duet..”

 

“With Rosè?” Jisoo laughed. “She really hates him though.. I wonder how she’ll react..”

 

Then Jisoo saw Taehyung coming too and quickly escaped from there.

 

“Why did she run away like that?” asked Jungkook greeting Lisa. “Where did she go?”

 

Taehyung also reached them.

 

“You sister is acting weird..” said Jungkook. “Is she avoiding me? Now that I have come to like her friend, I think she’s regretting not confessing her feelings to me..”

 

“What are you saying?” asked Lisa hitting his arm. “Let’s go inside now..”

 

Taehyung knows why she ran away. She must not want to see him after her mom scolded her last night.

 

The morning classes were over and Jisoo was walking around the campus. 

 

She even had to ask Rosè to eat with her outside so she wouldn’t see Taehyung.

 

She sat down and saw Mino carrying some brushes and canvas.

 

She got curious and followed him secretly but Mino caught her right away.

 

“Why are you following me?” he asked confronting her. “Are you a stalker?”

 

Jisoo pouted her lips. She just wanted to kill some of her time.

 

“I was just bored..” she replied. “Let me come with you.. my next class is in an hour..”

 

Mino brought her inside the oldest building of their college.

 

It was a place she has never even seen before.

It looked quite scary from the outside but when she went inside, she saw many paintings of Mino.

 

They were beautiful. Her eyes didn’t know where to look at..

 

There were paintings of landscapes, portraits of famous people and even abstract paintings.

 

“You are really talented..” said Jisoo. “Why were you hiding these treasures here? You should show them to the world..”

 

Mino got shy because of her compliment.

 

Then Jisoo saw something covered with a white cloth.

 

“What is that?” she asked while removing the cloth. “Why were you-...”

 

Her eyes widened. It is a beatiful painting of a woman she knows.

 

No doubt.. it was Lisa’s face.

 

She turned to him immediately who looked like he just got caught.

 

And he really was..

 

 

“So the person you were always peeking at was Lisa?” she giggled. “No wonder you become a shy boy in front of her..”

 

Mino’s cheeks became red. He has been hiding his feelings for five years and he was caught by this nosy girl.

 

“You should give this to her..” said Jisoo. “If I were her, I’d be extremely happy.. this is just amazing..no.. you  are amazing..”

 

It was the first praise he heard ever since the unfotunate incident.

 

He smiled hearing her say that to him. It felt comforting to have someone take your side.

 

“You want me to paint something for you?” asked Mino. “As a token of gratitude? I’ll send it to your house when it’s done..”

 

Jisoo smiled and showed him a picture from her phone.

 

 

———————————————————————

 

The day of the festival came. Two weeks have passed ever since the performers started preparing.

 

Jisoo agreed to meet with Rosè to look around the college. There were several booths, activities and even other students from diverse schools.

 

“I thought you’d come alone..” said Jisoo looking at Rosè who came with Jungkook, Lisa and Taehyung.

 

Her smile automatically disappeared. It isn’t because she doesn’t want to see him but just because.. she’s afraid.

 

She’s afraid to be with him outside their home. What if something like the other time happens again?

 

She took a deep breath and greeted everyone.

 

Since they are already gathered together like that, she can’t avoid it anymore.

 

They have just started walking around when Taehyung suddenly grabbed her by her wrist.

 

“I need to talk to her about some family matters..” he said. “You should go first.. let’s meet later..”

 

Everyone knew something was wrong with them. They knew they were being very quiet which was unusual of them.

 

“Let’s leave them alone..” said Jungkook. “I’m sure they fought again..”

 

“That’s right..” said Rosè. “Jisoo has been trying to avoid him for a while.. I wonder what they argued about.. I hope she’s okay..”

 

Rosè knows what’s happening with Jisoo. She was the first one to notice that there might be something with the two of them.

 

And now she feels like they have to realize their hidden feelings for each other.

 

What will happen to those two? Will they move forward or take a step back?

What will be their decision?

 

 

Taehyung brought Jisoo to the farthest place in the campus. 

 

She keeps discovering new places.. first it was the oldest building now it’s an alley between the newly built buildings..

 

“Why... why did you bring me here?”  asked Jisoo trying not to look at his eyes. “Do you have anything to tell me?”

 

She kept looking sideways, still trying to avoid his eyes.

 

Taehyung’s hands grabbed her shoulders and lowered his head so he could see her face closer.

 

“We haven’t talked like this in a while.. you’re always avoiding me..” he said in a deep voice. “Why.. why are you doing this, Jisoo?”

 

“It’s just..” she looked at him in the eyes. “I don’t want my mom to misunderstand us..”

 

His hands went to her face.

 

“What would she misunderstand?” he asked holding her face. “Are we hiding something from her?”

 

“What would we hide from her?” she asked raising her eyebrows. “You’ll be her son soon.. and I’ll be your sister.. what is there to hide?”

 

“Then stop avoiding me..” said Taehyung touching the crease in between her brows with his thumb. “Let’s talk just like how we used to.. I told you I liked talking to you, didn’t I?”

 

Jisoo nodded. But her mind was still in confusion.

 

“You never came to see me practice not even once..” said Taehyung. “But you made me participate in the festival..”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter