Warming up his cold heart

We can’t be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

 

 

It has been a week since the two met.

They haven’y talked to each other yet after that argument.

 

Jisoo would glare at him at home and Taehyung would just look away.

 

While they don’t even look at each other’s eyes at school.

 

 

“Why don’t you go with Jisoo to the cinema today?” asked Seojun. “You should show your sister around.. “

 

Taehyung frowned but still nodded.

He’d usually spend Saturday with his friends but he is now forced to spend that day with Jisoo.

 

He looked at her who seemed pretty excited.

Her lips formed a heart by smiling widely at the thought of going to see a movie.

 

She immediately changed clothes. 

She has been looking forward to go around the city. 

 

Although she hates her stepbrother, she has no one else to show her around. She’s still too shy to ask Rosè to accompany her.

 

She was about to knock on Taehyung’s door to tell him she was ready when she heard him talking on the phone.

 

“We can do it next time..”

 

“I’m really sorry but something came up today..”

 

“I’m pretty annoyed too but my dad asked me for a favor..”

 

“Thanks for understanding..”

 

 

Jisoo went down and waited outside for him.

She feels sorry that he is being forced to cancel his plans and come with her.

 

Taehyung came outside a few minutes later wearing black from head to toe.

 

He looked at her who was wearing yet another bright colored dress that would make anyone hurt their eyes.

 

How could he go with someone like her? She catches everyone’s attention only with the color of her clothes.

 

He sighed as he led the way to the bus stop.

 

But Jisoo poked his arm making him stop and turn his head to her.

 

“I told you not to touch me..” he said taking a step back. “And stop wearing this kind of clothes..”

 

“It’s you who should stop wearing these clothes..” said Jisoo. “Are you going to a funeral? What kind of fashion is that? You’re the weird one not me!”

 

“You don’t even know what fashion is..” he replied stepping forward. “And this shirt costs more than your whole closet.. and also..”

 

Jisoo lifted her hands to make him stop talking.

 

“You said you didn’t like talking but look who’s talking like there’s no tomorrow now?” said Jisoo smiling. “Enough with that.. just tell me which bus I can take and I’ll go alone..”

 

“Why? Why would you go by yourself?” asked Taehyung. “Dad told me to-...”

 

“You can go with your friends..” she said lowering her gaze. “I’m also meeting a friend so it’s better if I go by myself..”

 

Taehyung told her where the cinema is.

But he looked indecisive if he’d let her go alone like that.

 

He knows she doesn’t know anything about the city. She’s too naive and innocent.

 

“Call me if anything happens..” said Taehyung. “I’ll wait for you here at 5 pm so we could go home together..”

 

 

Taehyung left as soon as he saw her get on the right bus.

 

He went to meet Lisa at their favorite cafè.

 

“Where’s Jungkook?” asked Taehyung looking around. “Will he come?”

 

“He said he’d stop by the library to borrow some books..” said Lisa. “He’ll be late..”

 

They’d usually hang out there and study at the same time. 

 

Taehyung was focused on reading a book while Lisa was glancing at him secretly.  

 

She is happy just seeing him, she doesn’t want him to know how she feels because he might feel awkward with her.

 

She only wants to remain friends. Just that much.

 

Half an hour later, Jungkook arrived smiling from ear to ear.

 

“What makes you smile like that?” asked Lisa pulling the chair so he could sit. “Did something good happen on your way here?”

 

Jungkook sat down and ordered something first.

 

“I’m smiling because I saw someone..” he said piling up the books on the table.

 

Taehyung knows he smiles like that whenever he sees a pretty girl.

 

“I saw Jisoo on my way here..” he continued. “She looks even prettier outside school.. she brightens up the street when she walks.. she’s just..”

 

“So will you date her?” asked Lisa looking at the books he had brought. “You always like pretty girls but don’t have the courage to even ask anyone out..”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes and took the book away from her.

 

“I’m not dating anyone because I can’t..” said Jungkook. “I’m just waiting for the right one.. and look who’s talking here.. don’t you also like-...?”

 

Jungkook stopped and covered his mouth before he could spill the beans.

 

“I mean.. I’ll ask her out when I’m sure of my feelings..” he said shifting his gaze to Taehyung who was biting his lips. “What do you think of Jisoo? You have seen her, right?”

 

Of all the girls in college, Jungkook had to like her.

 

Taehyung was trying hard not to show any reaction. He still didn’t want to tell them about Jisoo being her stepsister.

 

“She isn’t that pretty..” he said firmly. “I don’t think you suit each other..”

 

“You think so?” Jungkook pouted. “I think we look good together though..”

 

Taehyung just wanted him to lose interest in Jisoo. He wouldn’t want Jungkook to be his brother in law.

 

He’s such a headache to him. He wouldn’t want a casanova in the family.

 

“Where did you see Jisoo?” asked Lisa. “You should have asked her to come with you.. maybe you can get closer to her..”

 

“I saw her going inside the cinema alone..” said Jungkook drinking on his milk tea. “I thought she’d be on a date to be honest but she was alone holding a popcorn and a coke.. she looked really cute today..”

 

Taehyung put the book down on the table. 

She told him she’d be hanging out with a friend.

 

Did she lie to him? Why? She must not like being with him.

 

Well, the same goes for him. They’d just argue if they were together.

 

The time came and he had to go back to the bus stop and wait for Jisoo.

 

He was expecting her to be late again so he bought himself some milk tea to drink while waiting.

 

But Jisoo was already there. He could see her bright clothes from afar.

 

was watering just looking at what he was holding.

 

“What’s that?” asked Jisoo curiously. “What are you drinking?”

 

“This?” asked Taehyung showing it closely to her. “You mean this milk tea? You seriously don’t-..”

 

Then Jisoo took a sip right away.

 

“Whoa.. it’s quite good..” said Jisoo smiling. 

 

“How could you just drink it without asking?” Taehyung shouted annoyed at her. “Why are you acting like a beggar?”

 

Jisoo thought he was asking her to take a sip when he showed it to her.

 

“Beggar?” she glared her round eyes at him. “You.. how dare you call me a beggar? Have you seen yourself in the mirror? You look like a grim reaper!”

 

She stepped on his foot feet and ran away from him as fast as she could.

 

Taehyung felt enraged. But he couldn’t get angry, no, he shouldn’t show her he is angry.

 

The first one to get mad is the loser. He doesn’t want to lose to her.

 

He caught up with her and before going inside the house, he gave her the milk tea he was drinking.

 

“Drink this..” he said. “You have contaminated it already so you better finish it..”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes but accepted it.

She hasn’t tasted a drink that tasty before. They don’t sell those in the island she used to live in.

 

They were greeted by Hannah who was preparing to cook dinner.

 

“How was it?” asked Hannah. “Did my Jisoo make it hard for you today?”

 

Taehyung shook his head shyly. Although she did make it hard for him. She stepped on his foot and it hurt.

 

“What movie did you watch?” asked Hannah while slicing some vegetables. “Did you enjoy it?”

 

“We watched zootopia.. it is an animated movie..” said Jisoo smiling widely. “We ate popcorn and he even bought me this milk tea..”

 

Taehyung looked at Jisoo. He knows she’s lying. How could she lie  with a smiling face?

 

She watched the movie alone, she ate the popcorn by herself and he didn’t buy her that milk tea.

 

Jisoo went up to her room whil Taehyung was left in the kitchen with Hannah.

 

“She’s very childish, isn’t she? She finds everything amusing and is really naive..” she said. “The truth i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter