without you

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica ended up booking a suite room in the hotel right after her fight with Yuri. Soon after Jessica and Tiffany arrived at the hotel, Tiffany suggested that they went to the hotel bar to have a drink which Jessica immediately agreed. Besides, It’s been a long time since they have heart to heart talk. 

Both of them ended up drunk as their conversation went from pouring their broken heart to cursing their loved one. They still loves their partners though, it was just they need to let it out once in a while.  Telling stories about how annoying Yuri can be sometimes to Jessica and how Tiffany can’t handle how ignorant Taeyeon can be sometimes. But at the end of the day, they laugh bitterly as no matter they hate Taeyeon and Yuri, Jessica and Tiffany still loves them very much.

Both of them had to lean each other when they went back to their room as they could not even walk straight anymore. But at least tonight, they laughed, they giggled together and for a moment forgetting about the pain in their heart by rely on each other.

After each of them took a hot shower to sober themselves a little bit, they finally snuggled together in bed, leaning for each other support.

“Was it firm? You decision to leave Yuri?”, Tiffany asked as Jessica leaned her head on Tiffany’s shoulder.

Jessica let out a bitter laugh. “I can’t anymore, Tiff. She cheated on me. And worse, it was with someone that I hate.”

“She really loves you, Jessi.”, said Tiffany, she wrapped her arms around Jessica and caressed Jessica’s hair.

“If she loves me she would not cheat on me.”, a lone tear escaped from Jessica’s eyes. “Arrg! Damn! Why do I have to love that stupid monkey so much???”, Jessica groaned. 

Tiffany just chuckled. “I know. It hurt 100 times more when you love someone that much.”

“What about you? You okay?”, now it was Jessica’s turn to ask Tiffany. Tiffany let out a long sigh.

“I don’t know if I can do it, Jess. Separated from Taeyeon. But I knew I had to do it.”, Tiffany burst out and cried. Imagining how empty the apartment would be without Taeyeon.

“Hey…hey..”, Jessica moved her body and cupped Tiffany’s face. “Everything will be alright between you two, don’t worry. You did the right thing for now.”

Jessica wiped her tears. Seeing her American best friend girl crying making her wanted to cry too.  “Taeyeon loves you like crazy, Tiff. You should know that. When she told me about your problem, she blurted 1000 times that she loves you blahblahblah..”, Jessica supplied again, making Tiffany smiled in between her cry.

“If… if at the end we both want different things.. then maybe we should break up. Oh God, I really can’t imagine my life without her.”, Tiffany sniffed as she also wiped her own tears.

“If you need me, whenever, I will fly here to accompany you.”, Jessica assured Tiffany.

“Can you sleep here tonight, Jessi? I don’t want to be alone.”, Tiffany asked, she looked at Jessica with her drenched face.

“Of course. I don’t want to be alone too. I know you’re not Yuri, but at least I am not alone.”, Jessica replied and smiled.

Later that night, two best friend consoled each other and cried together, give strength one to another as they both carried their problem to their sleep.

*******

On the other side, another two best friends also consoled each other. They both drink soju in silent, just staring blanky at the ceiling without saying anything. Each of the drawn on their own thoughts. Until Yuri broke the silence.

“Tae, let’s talk. Say something. My head is getting dizzy if I keep staring at the ceiling.”

Taeyeon laughed. She shook her head. “I just…. It was really shock me I guess. When Tiffany asked for a break.”

“It’s not a break-up, right? Not like Sica. She clearly stated that she can’t do this relationship anymore.”, Yuri hung her head low.

“Why did you do it, Yul?”, Taeyeon asked. “If you were lonely, why didn’t you talk to Sica about that?”

Yuri just sighed. “I was just so lonely. Call me needy but I need someone to love me, be there for me.. like.. her presence is matter to me. But I was afraid if I talk to her then she would think that I don’t understand about her job. That I should know what I was getting into when we agree to get back together.”

“You didn’t even try to talk to her yet you already had assumption in your head.”, Taeyeon said, she pour another soju in her glass.

“I know! I was such an idiot!”, Yuri smacked her own head few times.

“Hey! Stop it. Here, drink again.”, Taeyeon gave the soju to Yuri.

“If you love Tiffany, why is it so hard to marry her, Tae?”, Yuri asked after she drank her soju in one shot.

“It’s scary, Yuri-aah!! Why do we need to get married when everything is fine between us now?”, Taeyeon reasoned.

“Well, it’s just a celebration for your love. There’s nothing wrong with it.”

“Do you know how high the divorce rate nowadays? What if we got married, maybe having a child and got divorce?”, Taeyeon’s tone was getting higher.

“Hey, calm down.”, Yuri said, she was surprised that the talk about marriage can trigger Taeyeon’s emotion like this. “You didn’t even try yet you already had assumption about what happen?”, Yuri smirked and lifted her eyebrows, she repeated what Taeyeon just said to her.

“But--- but it is different. It’s marriage, it’s a big thing.”, Taeyeon still didn’t want to lose her argument.

Yuri let out a defeated sigh. She walked to her room, leaving Taeyeon dumbfounded for a while. Then she came back with a little box in her hand.

Taeyeon’s eyes widened when she saw the box. “Omg! You… --- you are planning to propose?”

Yuri nodded weakly. “Yeah. I already prepared everything when we came here. But I guess…. It wont happen anyway.”, she sadly said.

“It will. You will court your girl again, you will fight for her, Yul. And you will put that ring on her finger one day.”, Taeyeon said and she gave a side-hug to Yuri.

Yuri turned her gaze to Taeyeon. “See? You’re lucky to have someone who loves you and dying to marry you, Taeyeon. I don’t know what I am gonna do with this ring if Sica… well..”, Yuri chuckled bitterly as she could not finished her words. She put the box on the table. 

Taeyeon just kept quiet. Taeyeon didn’t like to hear it, but it was true what Yuri said. She was lucky because there is someone for her, ready to marry her in a heartbeat.  

*****

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter