a chance

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Loud footsteps of people running can be heard at the hall of the hospital. The SNSD members all were rushed to the hospital when they heard the news on their group chat that Yuri was having an accident. They all gather around Taeyeon, and quite surprise when they found that Tiffany was there too, using crutches some more. Taeyeon just said that she would explain about what happened between her and Tiffany later as now they had more important thing to worry about, Yuri.

“How’s Jessica unnie?”, Yoona asked, glancing at Jessica who just sat on the floor. Her eyes were blank and she was staring at the floor, holding her knee. 

Taeyeon sighed. “She just stopped crying. And now she just…. --- like that.”

“How did that happened? Was it bad?” Hyoyeon asked. Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulder.

“I don’t know. I was not there. Only Jessica was there. She called me and Tiffany in panic when she arrived here.”

“Gosh. I hope Yuri will be fine. I can’t imagine… ---“, Sunny buried her face into her palms as she shook her head, did not want to imagine the worst thing that could have happened to their friend.

“Unnie? Are you okay? We’re here for you.”, Seohyun came towards Jessica, she sat in front of Jessica and squeeze Jessica’s arms.

“Have you eaten, Sica? Here eat something.”, Sooyoung also came near her and handed her some foods.

Jessica finally turned her head to face her friends and gave a weak smile. She refused the food that Sooyoung had offered and instead, hugged them both and cried again.

Both Sooyoung and Seohyun tried to comfort her and caressed her back. “Yuri will be fine. The doctor will do their best to save her.”, Sooyoung said calmly, but she tried to hide her worry as well.

It has been two hours but Yuri was still at the surgery room. Yuri was wounded so badly that they almost lost her when they arrived at the hospital. The doctor had to use defibrillator to restore Yuri’s heartbeat as it went flat for a moment. At that time, Jessica was already almost faint and didn’t dare to see what happen anymore.

“It’s my fault. If I didn’t ran Yuri would not ----“, Jessica muttered between her sobbing.

“Ssshh… It’s okay, Unnie. It’s not your fault. Please don’t blame yourself. Yuri unnie will be fine.”, Seohyun cut her to calm her down.

Taeyeon walked to Jessica and took the foods from Sooyoung’s hand and handed it again to Jessica. She moved closer and Jessica’s hair. “You should eat, Sica. You need to eat. Don’t worry, Yuri will be fine and we all here for you. Please eat.”, Taeyeon said it firmly. She opened the food box and took out some kimbap and shoved it to Jessica’s mouth.

Half an hour later, the doctor came out from the surgery room. Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica faced the doctor to know about Yuri’s conditions. But judging from the doctor’s face, they can sense something was not all good.

“She survived and save for now.”, the doctor said. The three of them let out a relief sigh. “But… --“, the doctor continue, his face a bit tighten. “Ms. Kwon experienced brain hemorrhage, a bad one. We have performed a surgery but her condition is still not stable. We need to really monitor her closely to keep her away to fall into a coma. Another thing, the crash hit her neck bone, and we are afraid it hit her nerves and the impact could be paralysis on some part of her body. We need to observe this further.”

Jessica and Tiffany started crying hearing the not so good news from the doctor. Taeyeon gulped, trying to collect herself. It was not an ideal conditions, but at least, Yuri did not die. She survived and that what matters for now.    

“When can we see her?”, Taeyeon asked.

“We will move her to our intensive unit care room. You can see her after that. She still unconscious but we expect she would wake up maybe in one or two days. Let’s just hope and pray that Ms. Kwon is strong enough to fight all of this. ”, the doctor replied.

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Jessica said thank you to the doctor and they bowed as the doctor moved back to the surgery room, preparing for Yuri to be moved into the room.

Suddenly someone came towards them, he bowed to Jessica and the other SNSD members. He introduced himself as one of the paramedic guy that took Yuri into an ambulance before.

“Ms Jung? Sorry to interrupt and bother you. But I believe this is belong to you, or maybe belong to Ms. Kwon. We found this near Ms. Kwon where the accident happened.”, the guy handed something to Jessica.

It was the ring.

“Wh—what? I – I don’t.. ---“, Jessica stuttered, her eyes widened and her jaw left openly hanging. She looked at the guy with confused face.

The guy cleared his throat. “Uh, it has your name in it. I mean --- your nickname I believe. So I assume it’s yours, Ms Jung.”

Jessica took the ring with her shaking hand. She examined the ring and saw the engrave on the inside part of the ring.

‘My forever Ice Princess’

 A tear escaped from Jessica’s eyes. She could not believe it. Was Yuri planning to propose?

Before Jessica can even gather herself from the shock, Yoona informed them that Yuri’s parents were already arrived at the hospital. Jessica felt her head started to spin, she could not take the burden to talk to Yuri’s parents when she herself was still not stable.

“We’ll talk to them, Jessi. Don’t worry.”, Tiffany and Sooyoung showed up in front of Jessica, holding her hands and ready to face Yuri’s parents together with Jessica. 

*****

It has been 3 days but Yuri still has not wake up. Everyone was getting worried but the doctor said that her condition was still fine and not in coma. The doctor always kept an eye on her to make sure that everything was okay with Yuri. Jessica refused to leave Yuri’s side and always stay at the hospital, SNSD members each take turns to accompany her at the hospital. They brought food and clothes for Jessica.

Meanwhile, Tiffany agreed to stay with Taeyeon so Taeyeon could take care of her during her healing state. Things has not changed too much between them. Eventhough they live under one roof, they slept in different room. Tiffany only talk to Taeyeon when she needed to. Taeyeon did the house chores, from cooking, cleaning, helping Tiffany take a bath.

“Aren’t you worry about Yuri? It’s been 3 days but she still has not awake yet.”, Tiffany asked Taeyeon, in the afternoon when Taeyeon was making lunch.

Taeyeon sighed. Actually she also worried, but she thought that she shouldn’t be panicking right now. She has to be strong for everybody’s sake. “She’ll wake up. I believe she will.”, she said.

Taeyeon put the breakfast on the dining table and she went to her room quickly. Tiffany’s gaze followed Taeyeon movement. She actually wanted to talk to Taeyeon, about everything. She kept playing this quiet game between her and Taeyeon, but seeing wha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter