tears

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good Morning, Mushroom.”

Tiffany opened her eyes and found Taeyeon was sitting by her side, smiling widely. Tiffany tried to sit down and rubbed her eyes, she still feel sleepy. She looked at Taeyeon, who handed her a little table with a pancake presented on a plate.

“Breakfast in bed?”, Taeyeon said as she smiled.

Tiffany stared at Taeyeon in confuse. Is this a dream? Why suddenly Taeyeon being this sweet in early morning?

“Stop staring at me, Pany-ah. Eat your breakfast okay?”, Taeyeon chuckled lightly. “What do you want for a drink? Milk? Juice?”, Taeyeon asked.

“Uuh… ---“, Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. Trying to collect her thoughts. “J – juice is fine. Orange juice please.”

Taeyeon smiled. “Okay. Coming right up.”

Tiffany stared at the breakfast and still unable to eat it even when Taeyeon left the room to prepare the juice. Did Taeyeon hit her head and became amnesia? Why suddenly she changed? It has been two weeks since the doctor informed the result of Yuri’s conditions. Now Yuri was starting her physical therapy, where Jessica would come and company her as much as she could in between her works. Taeyeon and Tiffany was back to Taeyeon’s apartment, where there has been zero progress to their relationship. They avoided the subject of the kiss incident, nor the subject about Tiffany’s rage to Jessica. They were back to live like merely a housemate instead of lovers.

Don’t want to think too much, Tiffany started to munch the pancake that Taeyeon made for her. 15 minutes later, Taeyeon came to the room with her orange juice.

“Here you go.”, said Taeyeon, taking the empty plate from Tiffany’s hand and offered her the orange juice.

“T—thank you, Tae.”, Tiffany replied. Still in shock experiencing the sweet gesture from Taeyeon.

“Oh by the way, I already prepared you a hot bath since a little bit cold nowadays. After you finish your shower and get ready we can go out together. Today you want to visit Yuri at the hospital, right? I will drop you off first then I have to go to SM office.”, Taeyeon said again, then she kissed Tiffany’s forehead, let it lingered for a while there.

A warm feeling blanketed Tiffany’s body when she felt Taeyeon’s lips on her forehead. It was very light kiss, but Tiffany had missed it very much. She closed her eyes and unconsciously smiled, a flashback of memory about the live they used to share came back to her the moment Taeyeon’s lips touched her.

“I will wait outside. Just enjoy your bath.”, Taeyeon winked and Tiffany’s hair. Then she walked out to the room, humming some random song. Tiffany finished her orange juice in silent, then walked slowly to the bathroom. Her leg was getting better but she can’t walk in normal yet. Her mind still scrambling, Taeyeon seemed in a very good mood today and she still could not figure it out why. When she entered the bathroom and ready to brush her teeth, she noticed a little note being tucked on the mirror. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows as she took the note.

‘As always, you take my breath away in the morning because you look so beautiful.’

Tiffany smiled. She pinched her own cheek to check one more time that this is not a dream and she was fully awake from her sleep. She needed to check whether she has been thrown into the past where Taeyeon used to give her little romantic surprises.

Tiffany was really enjoyed her hot bath in peace that morning. She felt so relax even in the morning thanks to Taeyeon. Everything that Taeyeon did for her really set up her mood in a good way.

Taeyeon was already waited for her when Tiffany finished her shower and got ready. Taeyeon helped her to walk, brought her belongings and gently opened the door for her. They rode the car in silent, but Taeyeon played some romantic songs on the car and she was singing along. Suddenly she clicked one song on her playlist and their duet song called ‘Lost in Love’ was played.
 

Are we really breaking up now?

Or is it just a short break, like we promised

It seems like this is as much as I can take

Why haven’t I heard from you I love you,

it’s alright even if I have to wait forever I’ll be smiling when you come back to me again

I still can’t accept the fact that you were the one who announced our separation

I just want to take your words as it is

What are you doing right now I love you,

it’s alright even if I have to wait forever I’ll be smiling when you come back to me again...

Taeyeon singing the song lightly while she was driving. She even sing Tiffany’s part since Tiffany just kept quiet. The lyrics of the song actually really described their relationship now. Tiffany had to fight with all her might so her tears wont escaped from the corner of her eye. It seemed that Taeyeon voiced what’s on her mind through this song, that she will not give up and wait forever if she had to.

“I remember how I always looking forward whenever I have to sing this song with you before.”, Taeyeon said after the song is finished.

“It was a really sad song..”, Tiffany replied and reminisced, she lowered her head, didn’t want to look at Taeyeon.

“But still, it was always just the two of us. And you don’t know how grateful am I, being able to sing a duet with someone that I love.”, Taeyeon supplied and she meant it. Taeyeon sighed but she smiled bitterly, unable to believe that apparently someday what has been described in the lyrics happened to both of them.

When they arrived at the hospital, another surprise from Taeyeon as she handed a lunch box she made for Tiffany earlier this morning.

“Tae.. why did you do all of this?”, Tiffany asked, she could not hold her curiosity.

Taeyeon just chuckled. “Why? Can’t a girl treat her girlfriend nicely?”

“But ---“

“Here’s your coat.”, Taeyeon cut her and took Tiffany’s coat that she placed on the back seat of the car. “And if Yuri ask you to share your lunch, do not give it with her.”, Taeyeon winked mischievously and let out her ahjuma laugh.

Before Tiffany got out from the car, Taeyeon held Tiffany’s hand in a second and gave it a light squeeze. It was warm, Taeyeon’s hand was always warm as far as she remembered. Tiffany stared at Taeyeon’s car when it was already out of her sight, she shook her head but she smiled. This was the best morning she ever had since she got back to Seoul. It felt like she was with the old Taeyeon, the Taeyeon that she knew, her Taeyeon.

As the wind blew, she put her hand to her pocket and she found a paper has been slipped in the pocket. She took out and again, it was a note from Taeyeon.

‘I need to remind myself that I have the most amazing girl in the world. Have a date with me tonight? I just need 2-3 hours at SM and will pick you up again at the hospital.’

*****

Yuri just finished her first session with her personal trainer when Tiffany came to the hospital. They were taking a break before Yuri will continue the second session of her therapy later. The sessions were still conducted inside Yuri’s room as currently Yuri was working on her right arm first. Yuri’s personal trainer looked quite satisfied with Yuri’s progress as Yuri already can lift up her right arm, and he was confident that the right arm would be back to normal and they can move the therapy for the leg as soon as possible.

“It’s a good progress, I see?”, Tiffany smiled to Yuri as she hugged her. Yuri laughed and nodded in agreement. She was also quite happy because of her progress.

“I can lift up arm already. But my fingers still shaking. I still can’t control it.”, Yuri showed Tiffany by lifting her right arm proudly.

“I am sure that will heal in no time, Yul. Anyway, have you eaten?”, Tiffany asked. She thought that she could share the lunch box that Taeyeon gave to her. “Taeyeon made me lunch box. We can share if you want. I am sure I wont be able to finish everything.”

“Ah, Sica also prepared a meal for my lunch. She dropped by this morning to give it to me.”, Yuri pointed a lunch box that was readily on the table. “By the way, it was sweet of Taeyeon to made you lunch. How are things between you two?”

“It’s… ---- nothing significant in progress.”, Tiffany took out Yuri’s lunch box from its plastic, helping Yuri to eat her lunch. “Until this morning.”

“Oh? Something happened?”, Yuri grinn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter