redemption

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri found Taeyeon standing at her door in the morning, a week after the big fight happened between her and Tiffany. Things became awkward between the four of them after that incident. Yuri was back to the apartment that she shared with Jessica as Jessica preferred to back living with Krystal at her old place. Taeyeon tried to contact Tiffany but to no avail, Tiffany just ignore every of her call. Jessica has been juggling her time back and forth to see Taeyeon and Tiffany to accompany each of them whenever she could. But when Yuri tried to ask her out, she still refused.

Yuri still didn’t want to talk to Taeyeon. She was still angry with Taeyeon. For her, what Taeyeon did to Tiffany was too much and hitting Tiffany like that was unacceptable. Until today, where Taeyeon suddenly came to her house.

“What do you want?”, Yuri asked in a cold tone.

“Can I come in?”, Taeyeon just ignored Yuri’s questions. “Please, Yul. I came here to apologies.”

 Yuri sighed. Then in half-hearted, she opened the door for Taeyeon.

“Thank you.”, Taeyeon mumbled.

An uncomfortable silence settled between the two best friends. Yuri pretty much just ignore Taeyeon and immediately sat down to the couch and played with her phone. Taeyeon just stood there awkwardly, fidgeting her finger and didn’t know what to do.

“Yuri-ah. Please talk to me. I ----“

“Or what? You’re gonna hit me like you did to Tiffany?”, Yuri interrupted and glared at her.

“It was a wrong thing to do, I know. I--- I wish I could take it back but I can’t. I really regret it, Yul. I --- I am sorry.”

“What you did to Tiffany was out of the line!!!! You should not hit a girl!! Especially if she is your loved one!!”, Yuri stood up from the couch and shouted to Taeyeon.

“I know!! I know! You can hit me if you want, you can yell at me, you can punish me whatever you want. I deserve it. It hurts me when I realized that I was capable to do that, it hurts me a lot, Yul!!”, Taeyeon replied, she put her own hands to her chest.

“You feel hurt???? The pain that Tiffany feels is more than that!!! You are really…. I don’t..--- Aarrghh  ----“, Yuri grunted in frustration, her fingers turned into a ball fist. She has to hold herself as she was afraid that she will lose her temper now.

 “Please Yuri-ah.. I am so sorry. I know I don’t deserve forgiveness but please.. I will do anything to amend myself. I just --- I lost myself, Yul.. I don’t even know who I am anymore… “, Taeyeon begged and she started sobbing. She buried her face in her palm.

Yuri let out a heavy sigh. She felt pity for Taeyeon. Whatever happens, Taeyeon was her best friend and she knew perfectly well that Taeyeon was not a bad person. Knowing Taeyeon for years, Yuri also aware that Taeyeon were experiencing bad depression throughout her life. And Yuri didn’t want the same thing happened again to Taeyeon.  Taeyeon already looked so fragile right now.

“Even me… I am disgusted with myself. I don’t even know I have a monster inside me. I am such a monster.. I ----“, Taeyeon repeated that words over and over again between her cry.

Yuri finally reached out to Taeyeon and hugged her friend who seemed really lost at this moment. “Stop, Taeyeon. You’re not a monster. You’re not a bad person. I know you.”

Yuri let Taeyeon cried until she calmed herself down. Yuri can feel how Taeyeon regretted what she has done, and how Taeyeon was also afraid of herself for being such a crazy person when she hit Tiffany. It was still not easy for Yuri to accept what Taeyeon did, but she forgave Taeyeon and tried not to see Taeyeon in a negative way.

Yuri offered Taeyeon to have breakfast in her house, Taeyeon agreed then Yuri just made them something simple like scramble egg.

“How’s Tiffany, Yul?”, Taeyeon brave herself to ask about Tiffany. She really missed Tiffany.

“Uhm…”, Yuri scratched her head. “Tiffany is sick, Tae.”, Yuri said softly.

Taeyeon frowned. “What??? Is she okay?”

“She has a bad flu. Her body temperature was quite high last night.”

“I should go to her house now.”, Taeyeon stood up from her chair but Yuri held her hand, stopping her.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea. It’s okay. Jessica is there now, taking care of her.”

Taeyeon sighed. She immediately felt weak upon hearing that. She felt bad and sad at the same time because she could not be there for Tiffany when Tiffany was sick. And she cursed herself many times because, if the fight didn’t happen, maybe she was the one who were there for Tiffany now, not Jessica.

“I don’t deserve her.. Right, Yul?”, Taeyeon asked in a sad tone.

Yuri honestly didn’t know how to answer that. She knew both Taeyeon and Tiffany still love each other. But the fight made everything worse and Yuri was not sure whether they can fix that.

“Tae, I think…. I don’t know, but… --- if Tiffany really doesn’t  want you anymore, she would leave to LA immediately after the fight. But she still here, so maybe you still have a chance.”

“Who would date and live with a monster like me?”, Taeyeon supplied again in a weak voice.

Yuri heave a sigh. She caressed Taeyeon’s head. “Just give her a time and we’ll see from there, okay.”

*****

Tiffany blew the soup couple of times before she finally ate it. She felt a lot better now even though her body temperature has not go back to normal yet. Jessica cooked her a meal and surprisingly, it tasted awesome.

“Omg Jessi! Your cooking skill now is a loooottt better than me”, Tiffany said while munching the food.

Jessica threw her glare at Tiffany. “Of course!! Hey, I’ve come a long way to improve my cooking skills you know! Now finish the soup okay! You have not eaten well since yesterday!”

“Yes, maam!”, Tiffany laughed. Jessica can be sounded like a mother sometimes. But Tiffany was glad that since her fight with Taeyeon, Yuri and Jessica take turns to accompany her. But usually they would not be there at the same time. Jessica always avoided Yuri so when she knew that Yuri was with Tiffany, she would not come. Yuri actually offered her to stay at Yuri’s place since Jessica didn’t live with Yuri anymore, but Tiffany didn’t want to be a burden so she stayed at the hotel.

Tiffany actually got confused at herself. At some point she wanted to leave Seoul as soon as possible after the fight, but something unexplainable in her mind made her stuck in Seoul and she felt that she had unfinished business with Taeyeon. She was still unsure what she wanted at this stage, so she decided just stay longer until she figured things out. She was planning to meet the other SNSD members, but with the current situation, she has not told them that she was back in Seoul. She could not deal with people asking questions or if she need to explain what happened between the four of them to the other members, eventhough she understand that the members were always have their good intention. But it would be too much for her right now.

Suddenly someone rang the doorbell. Tiffany thought it was room service or something, but it turned out it was Yuri who came. Jessica widened her eyes in surprise when she saw Yuri, didn’t expect that she had to face Yuri at the same room now.

“Hi Fany! I am just checking up on you! Are you feeling better?”, Yuri asked and grinned, happy seeing Tiffany already able to get out from her bed.

“Yuwree-aahhh!!!”, Tiffany squealed in her English accent and jumped on Yuri to give a hug.

Jessica who were still sitting on the couch, eyeing their interaction. Suddenly she felt something weird in her stomach, she didn’t like the view in front of her. Was she… jealous? Jessica unconsciously shook her head. There’s no way she was jealous to her best friend. Maybe she was jealous looking at how freely Tiffany can hug Yuri like that, something Jessica was longing to do, but she could not or she should not.

“This is for you.”, Yuri smiled as she handed a bucket of flowers to Tiffany. The flowers mostly contained of pink roses.. 

“OMO!! They’re really pretty! And it’s pink!! Thank you, Yuri-ah. You’re so sweet.”, Tiffany beamed her eye-smile and cupped her own cheek with her palm.

Jessica frowned. Why did Yuri give Tiffany flowers??

“Uhm.. – I should go.”, Jessica stood up from the couch and ready to leave. But she bumped into something on the floor and almost fall. Yuri swiftly caught her and Jessica ended up landed on Yuri’s arms.

Awkward. Jessica blushed and she quickly retrieved herself from Yuri. “Ah.. --- Uhm.. Sorry, Yul.”

“Be careful, Sica.”, Yuri said and chuckled.

Tiffany just smirked looking at these two. “Why don’t you just stay here for a while, Jessi?? Please, please please… Just be adult here, don’t go just because Yuri is here.”

Jessica shot a gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter