disappointment

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany and Taeyeon arrived first at the hospital when Jessica informed them that Yuri has already awake. The other SNSD members were still having their prior engagement and will come the next day.  Yuri was still weak, but she was able to gain consciousness fully. The doctor was next to her bed and examined her thoroughly, asking questions to make sure that she didn’t lost her memory.

“You know who they are, Ms Kwon?”, the doctor asked Yuri and pointed out to Jessica, Taeyeon and Tiffany who were all standing beside her.

Yuri smiled. “Yes. Taeyeon, Tiffany and our gorgeous Jessica.”

Jessica blushed. Even in this kind of situation Yuri still can maintained her cheesiness. The doctor chuckled hearing Yuri’s response and seeing Jessica’s face turned slightly pink.

“Do you remember what happened to you?”, the doctor asked again.

“Uh…”, Yuri winced. She tried to remember what happened. “A little. I just remember I push Jessica away and I go hit by a car I guess. Then I don’t know after that.”

“Is your head okay? Do you feel dizzy or nausea?”

“Still dizzy. And a little bit hurt.”, Yuri said, she touch her head with her hand.

“Is… is that normal?”, Jessica asked worriedly.

“It’s perfectly normal.”, the doctor smiled and replied to Jessica. “You hit your head pretty hard, Ms Kwon. You were bleeding before. Then you unconscious for 3 days and just woke up. You are still adjusting. And it’s a good thing that you don’t have brain damage so you don’t lose your memory.”

All the girls let out a relieve sigh and looked at each other happily, satisfied with the doctor explanation.

The doctor moved closer and touch Yuri’s left arm. “Can you feel this?” Yuri nodded. Then the doctor touched her right arm. “How about this?”

“Uh..”, Yuri’s face looked confused and nervous. She was a bit hesitate to answer. “I… --- I don’t feel anything.”

“Hmm.. okay.”, the doctor mumbled and started taking notes. He then moved again and touched Yuri’s left thigh. “This? Can you feel my hand?”

Yuri shook her head. “No.”

The doctor moved his hand to her right leg and pressed it. “How about now?”, he asked.

“I---- uh.. I can’t feel it.”, Yuri stuttered. She was getting panicked too. Why couldn’t she felt anything on her right arm and both her leg? “Am I --- Is this normal?”

Jessica’s eyes widened hearing that. She started to freak out. Her hand scrambling to search someone’s hand to hold because she was scared, and Taeyeon’s hand was there, welcoming her hand and held it tight. Tiffany noticed this and she furrowed her eyebrows in silent. It seemed so natural between the two of them to holding hands like this.

The doctor looked at Yuri with an unreadable face. He sighed. “I need to run some test first. Don’t worry. You can relax a bit, have a chat with your friends.”, the doctor smiled again, not wanting to make everyone in the room panicked.

The doctor excuses himself as he needs to run few test about Yuri’s condition. After the doctor left, Jessica quickly jumped on Yuri and hugged her.

“Thank God you awake, Yul. I was really scared.”

Yuri tried to move both of her hands to hold Jessica back, but she could not lift up her right arm. So she just moved her left arm to hold Jessica.

“Were you really worried about me?”, Yuri beamed.

“Of course.”, Jessica exclaimed. “But I am still mad at you.”, she quickly retreated herself from Yuri and pouted. Yuri chuckled.

“Aish, you should know that she didn’t even want to leave your side, Yul. She was really with you, everyday, every night. Talking to you non-stop eventhough you still lying dead on your bed.”, Taeyeon said and laughed.

“Yah!!!” Jessica’s face turned red and she slapped Taeyeon’s shoulder.

Tiffany moved towards Yuri and hugged her too. “I’m glad you awake, Yuri-ah. Everyone was so worried.”, she shed her tears that already falling down.

Yuri smiled. “Don’t cry, Fany-ah. I am okay, now. How’s your leg by the way? Did Taeyeon treat you well?”

Tiffany was touched. Yuri was so sweet, still worrying about someone else while her conditions was not all good herself. “It’s getting better. And Taeyeon being so helpful all this time.”

“Are you guys okay now?”, Yuri asked.

Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at each other awkwardly. “Uuh.. – we ---“

Sensing something was still off between them, Yuri quickly cut Taeyeon. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to pry.”

“We will leave you for a while so you can have a private time with Jessi.”, Tiffany said, avoiding the conversation going further.

After Taeyeon and Tiffany left the room, Yuri’s gaze fell onto Jessica’s eyes and smiled. She was so thankful that she could awake with Jessica by her side.

“What?”, Jessica looked away, feeling shy that Yuri staring at her.

“I am sorry. I don’t know what to say. I just… --- just so glad that the first thing that I saw when I woke up is your face. When I opened my eyes, I thought i was seeing an angel and I already in heaven. It turns out, it was you.”

Jessica didn’t dare to see Yuri’s face as she hide her reddened face. Yuri kept showering her with sweet words. 

“How do you feel, Yul?”, Jessica asked. “Tell me, did you dream about something when you were sleeping?”

“Yes I did. I think --- But it was not a very good one. I had a dream where you throw a glass of wine to my face.”, Yuri laughed a little, giving her puppy eyes to Jessica.

Jessica pouted. “Well, I actually planning to do that if we actually went to dinner.”

“Sica..”, Yuri muttered senselessly. She grinned from ear to ear. “You really mean that? Were you agree to have dinner with me?”

Jessica fidgeting her fingers, glancing down nervously. “I was about to tell you that I want to have dinner with you. But I saw you with Juran and I ---- I don’t know.. I just --- I am sorry, Yuri-ah. I am so sorry. I was so reckless and just ran away like that. This is all my fault.”

Jessica started to cry. She bury her face in her palm. Seeing Yuri in this condition made her remember how it happened.

“Hey.. hey…”, Yuri replied in a soft voice, trying to calm her down. “It’s not your fault. I don’t blame you, Sica. And please believe me that nothing happened between me and Juran, we’re just ----“, Yuri paused. She was actually talking to Juran that day to ask some advice to Juran on how to make Jessica agree to have dinner with her. Then she showed Juran the engagement ring and asked would it be too much if she propose to Jessica if Jessica agree to the dinner.

“I just seek some advice from her, that’s all.”, finally Yuri said, she didn’t want to spill anything about the engagement ring. Which, suddenly it reminded her, she didn’t have the ring with her and she should asked Taeyeon or Tiffany about the ring.

“You don’t have to explain anything right now, Yuri-ah. Just please forgive me, please.. I am sorry.”, Jessica held Yuri’s right arm and cried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter