We're home

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon sighed when she visit Yuri at the hospital. Jessica called Taeyeon about what happened earlier and told Taeyeon about what Yuri had said to her.

“Yul…. ---“

“I know, Tae! I know! I am an idiot!”, Yuri cut her and lower her head.

Taeyeon moved herself, standing next to the bed. “Why did you say that to her? Do you, perhaps, really blame her on what happened?”

Yuri shook her head. “Of course not. I was just ---- I was upset. I just want to be able to walk again. Maybe I was just being clingy to her. I wasn’t thinking when I say that. I guess I was just so frustrated and I just need find someone to blame.”

Taeyeon clicked her tounge. “The words that you said stabbed her like a knife, Yul. She really thinks that you blamed her about the accident and make you stuck in a wheelchair.”

Yuri groaned. She knew she made a big mistake. She could still remember the look on Jessica’s face, how shock yet sad her eyes was when Yuri said that she become like this because of Jessica. She was aware that she hurt Jessica so bad. She really didn’t mean what she said, but it was too late because the words have been escaped from her lips anyway and she could not take it back.

“what should I do? We’ve getting closer nowadays and I really don’t want to lose her again. Our relationship progressing so good so far and I cant let her slip away from me.”, Yuri asked. She reached for Taeyeon’s hand.

Taeyeon could see it, a deep regret in Yuri’s eyes and how much fear she had about losing Jessica again.

“You should talk to her, Yul. Just tell her how you really feel. Otherwise, with this incident, your relationship will not going anywhere.”

At Jessica’s house, Tiffany was there to comfort Jessica. Other than comforting Jessica, Tiffany also finally had a heart to heart talk with her best friend, since their last fight they have not been able to sort out their thing. Tiffany didn’t think twice to go straight away to Jessica’s house when Taeyeon told her what happened to Jessica, while Taeyeon went to hospital to see Yuri.

Both of them having a wine on Jessica’s balcony while Jessica conveyed what she felt inside.

“You know I am still having bad dream almost everynight about the accident, Tiff. I still can’t forgive myself that I made her like that.  But hearing that she really blame me just…. --- hurtfull.”, Jessica said, a lone tear escaped from her eye.

Tiffany shook her head and clenched her jaw. “That stupid Yuwree.”, she said in English. “I hope Taeyeon smack her head to knock some sense to her.”

Jessica chuckled bitterly. “It’s not her fault. She was right, it was my fault she became like this. Maybe I do deserve to be blamed.”

“No you don’t, Jess!”, Tiffany said immediately. “It was an accident. It was not your fault.”

“Well, Yuri thinks it was my fault.”, Jessica said and finished her glass of wine in one gulp.

“Hey, easy tiger.””, Tiffany quickly took Jessica’s glass, preventing Jessica to pour another wine too quickly. “But I am sure she didn’t mean it. I mean, she loves you so much she would not blame you.”

Jessica forced a smile, hearing Tiffany who was trying to comfort her. She let out a long sigh and tried to change to topic. “Anywaaay…. How are you Tiff? We have not talked since… well, you know..”

Tiffany starred to Jessica’s eyes, her eyes pleading guilty. “I am so sorry Jessi. I am really sorry. I know I was too much when I accused you making a move to Taeyeon. I didn’t mean to. I guess I was jealous, Taeyeon became so close to you after you guys went back here.”

Jessica held Tiffany’s hand. “It’s okay. I understand. Trust me, Tiff. I don’t like Taeyeon that way, and same with her. We were getting closer because both of us were so miserable without you and Yuri. Plus, I am not interested dating a midget creature.”

“YAH!!”, Tiffany protested, earned a laugh from Jessica.

“Taeyeon loves you. She always have. I don’t think she ever love someone as much as she loves you. People does stupid things when they were lonely. Thankfully, I am as stupid as her.”, Jessica laughed heartily.

Tiffany slapped Jessica’s shoulder playfully. Tiffany then told Jessica about how relationship with Taeyeon was slowly getting back to normal. How she and Taeyeon talked about their feelings and had a romantic date at Namsan Tower. Tiffany and Taeyeon never talked about the marriage anymore, as Tiffany said she didn’t care being married or not, as long as she could be with Taeyeon for the rest of her life.  Jessica was glad finally her best friends could sorting out their problems.

“Oh by the way, Yuri asked about the ring. I didn’t say to her that you keep the ring, maybe you should give it to me so I can return it to her.”, Tiffany said.

“I want to keep it.”, Jessica said sternly. “I just feel safe when I have it with me. As if that ring giving me assurance that Yuri will always loves me no matter what.”

Tiffany let out a little chuckle. “Jessi, you know that even without the ring, Yuri will always loves you no matter what.”

******

Even though she was still feeling hurt because of Yuri’s words, Jessica still came to visit Yuri at the hospital after work. She has made dinner to be eaten by Yuri later that night. Somehow, since Jessica still blaming herself about what happened, she felt that she has responsibility to take care of Yuri.

When Jessica saw Yuri, she didn’t say anything. Yuri was also quiet, afraid if she said something things would be out of control and made the situation even worse.

“I brought food for your dinner.”, Jessica placed the box on the table next to Yuri’s bed and ready to leave. But suddenly Yuri grabbed her wrist.

“Don’t go, please.”

Jessica forced herself to look at Yuri. She really didn’t know what to do if she should stay at the hospital.

“Would you…. Take me for a walk? Outside? Please… ”, Yuri begged.

Jessica hesitant for a moment. But after thought of it for a second, maybe it was a good idea. Maybe having a fresh air would be a good thing for both of them. Trying to escape for a while and not to think anything related to hospital.

Yuri apparently asked Jessica to take her for a walk to the Han River, so Jessica needs to drive both of them as Han River could not reached by walking from the hospital. Once they arrived, Jessica carefully pushed Yuri on her wheelchair, strolling around the side of Han River. They didn’t say anything to each other and just enjoy walking in quiet.

They stopped at one spot and both of them just look straight to the sky, watching the sun that ready to set down. The sky slowly and beautifully changed it’s colour, it becomes reddish and suddenly it felt so warm eventhough the weather was quite cold that evening.

“Sica, I am so sorry.”, Yuri suddenly said, without turning her head to Jessica who was stood behind her wheelchair. “I didn’t mean what I said. I never blame you for what happened. I ---“

Yuri stopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter