epilogue (family)

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sica…”, Yuri whined in the middle of the night. She tried to wake up her sleeping wife. Seeing no sign of movement from Jessica, Yuri shook Jessica’s shoulder. “Baby – wake up. Sicaaa…”

Jessica finally stirred and opened her eyes. “Hmmm? What’s the matter?”, she mumbled lazily.

“I am suddenly craving of sweet goguma.”, Yuri pouted and gave her puppy eyes.

“What??”, Jessica rubbed her eyes, then she looked at the clock at the nightstand to check the time. “Yul, it’s 2am in the morning. Go back to sleep.”

“No!!!”, Yuri whined again, louder this time. “I want sweet goguma now!!”

Jessica groaned. Since Yuri got pregnant, she became so annoying. Yes, after 2 years of their marriage, they both finally decided to expand their family to have a child. Both of them argued at first who should bear the child since Jessica and Yuri both wanted to do it. But since Jessica’s work was more demanding as she has lots of business to be taken care of now, they finally decided that Yuri will be the one who get pregnant. Working as actress was more flexible and Yuri could take a hiatus during pregnancy.

“Where could I find sweet goguma at this hour? Can you wait until tomorrow?”, Jessica asked again, she was really to go back to sleep.

“I don’t care! I want it now! I want to eat it now!! Call Seohyun, or whatever.”, Yuri pouted and scoffed.

Jessica sighed and sat up on the bed, feeling so annoyed. But when she saw her wife’s face and the little tiny baby bump on Yuri’s belly, her expression softened. Yuri’s mood swings could be worse when her cravings were not fulfilled. Jessica reached out her phone and found Seohyun’s name. She thought for a while whether she needed to disturb Seohyun at 2am just to see if the maknae can give her goguma.

“Unnie? Is everything okay?”, Seohyun’s voice sounded worry eventhough Jessica could sense that she was sleeping when she picked up the phone.

“Huh? Yeah, everything’s fine. Why?”

“Well, you call at this hour. I thought something bad happen.”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Well, yea. Something bad happen to me. Your Yuri unnie suddenly wants sweet goguma. I cant think of any place to buy that. Any chance you might have it?”

Seohyun giggled before answering. “Sorry, Unnie. I don’t have it right now. But I know where you can buy it. An ahjuma who I know that sell goguma for me. I could give you her number.”

“Are you sure she’ll be okay if I call her like now? She must be sleeping.”, Jessica asked worriedly. She really didn’t want to wake up an old lady because her pregnant wife stupid craving.

“Her store opens at night. It’s like a street food kind of thing.”, Seohyun said, then convinced Jessica to call the ahjuma so the ahjuma will leave some goguma for her to pick up.

Jessica finally called the ahjuma and as expected, she was really nice and she said she could give a lot to Jessica since Jessica is Seohyun best friend. Jessica stood up from the bed to get change, ready to go to pick up some goguma.

“Do you want to come with me?”, Jessica asked Yuri, she was too lazy to go out alone at night.

“No.”, Yuri quickly answered. “Hurry. I want to eat it immediately.”

Jessica sighed again, then she gave a quick peck to Yuri’s lips and went out. Yuri giggled, feeling happy because Jessica was giving what she wanted. Yuri actually amazed on how Jessica could change drastically since she got pregnant. Jessica was more caring, more attentive and not as lazy as usual. Jessica’s bossy and spoiled attitude change, she was the one who spoiled Yuri more and she always taking care of Yuri.

Jessica came back around 40 minutes later, with sweet goguma on her hand. Yuri’s eyes turned bright and she quickly eat the goguma once Jessica hand it over to her. But after a few bites, Yuri decided that she didn’t want it anymore.

“That’s it??”, Jessica’s eyes grew wider, disbelief that Yuri could only took a few bites. “You make me went out at 2am in the morning, buying you goguma and you just eat it so little?????”

Yuri looked up and just grinned to her wife. “I don’t want it anymore.”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “You’re so annoying!!”

Yuri laughed and kissed Jessica’s cheek. “I love you too.”

*******

“Long night, Jess?”, Tiffany smirked, asking when she saw Jessica yawned couple of times. Yuri, Jessica, Taeyeon and Tiffany met at the coffee shop since Tiffany wanted to ask for a suggestion for their wedding celebration.

“Yeah. But not like what you think. This stupid kkab suddenly wanted goguma in the middle of the night so I had to go out and find it.”, Jessica glared at Yuri, who just laughing innocently.

“OMG, really??”, Taeyeon laughed out loud seeing how annoyed Jessica looked and Yuri's weird cravings.

“I am starting to regret we decided that she is the one who will bear the child. I should’ve do it. I think she wants to do it so she could boss me around.”, Jessica pouted.

Yuri laughed again. “It’s true. It’s my only chance to order her around like this.”

“YAH!!!”, Jessica slapped Yuri’s shoulder. “You know what, after this child is born, you’re the one who will wake up every night if the baby cries or need milk! I don’t care, it’s your responsibility!!! I want to have my sleep time in peace when that time comes.”

Jessica pouted, which quickly earned a kiss from Yuri.

“Have you thought any names for the baby?”, Taeyeon asked.

“Naah – it’s too early ---“

“Yes.”, suddenly Yuri cut her wife before Jessica could finished her sentence. “So if it’s a boy ---“

“No!”, Jessica quickly interrupted. “If it’s a boy, she wants to name him Yuri Junior. Come on, Yul.. Are you for real?? There is no way I would name my kid that. ”, Jessica gave a glare to Yuri.

Taeyeon and Tiffany just stare at Yuri confusingly with their mouth hung open. Then they quickly laughed at Yuri’s choice of names. Yuri quickly pouted and crossed her arms.

“We’ll discuss this later, better when we know the of the baby, okay!”, Jessica further stated in her stern voice, which made Yuri nodded but still pouting. 

 “So, how can we help you, Fany-ah?”, Yuri asked, changing the subject.

“Ow. Yeah, I need some suggestion for the wedding. Help me choose the catering, I am really confuse.”, Tiffany then showing some names on her laptop, few of wedding caterer that she already selected.

Jessica and Yuri took the laptop and review the names. Yuri was really into it but Jessica could not really focused as she was too sleepy.

“Tae, what do you think about the flowers?”, Tiffany then asked Taeyeon and showed pictures on her phone. “Which one you like?”

“Errr ---“, Taeyeon scratched her head, looking not interested. “I don’t know.”

“Don’t be like that.”, Tiffany whined. “Come on, help me, boo”

“Uh – really Fany. It’s up to you. I like everything.”, Taeyeon said again, sounded that she was not really wanted to be involved in this.

“I already showed you some yesterday, you need to choose.”

“Honey, I will follow whatever you choose.”, Taeyeon started to sound irritated.

 “I think rose is too tacky. And I also wanted to ask about the decoration ---“

“Fany, please!!!”, Taeyeon snapped suddenly, silencing Tiffany immediately. Taeyeon loud voice also awaken Jessica who was almost sleep on Yuri’s shoulder.

“I – I am sorry. I –“, Taeyeon stuttered, just realized that she was just yelling at her fiancée. “Uh, can you excuse me, I think I need some air.”

Taeyeon just stood up from her chair and walked out from the coffee house. Tiffany didn’t bother to hold her back as she knew Taeyeon probably stressed out due to this wedding preparation and need some time.

“I’ll go talk to her.”, Jessica stood up and chased Taeyeon.

“You guys okay?”, Yuri asked to Tiffany when Jessica had disappeared from their sight.

Tiffany sighed and leaned on her chair. “We’re fine. It’s just – I think Taeyeon got stress out. Maybe I put too much pressure on her for the wedding preparation.”

Yuri nodded a couple of times. “Well, she was fine before.”

Tiffany shrugged her shoulder. “She does not seem too interested though, about the whole wedding thing. I mean, I started to feel like is my wedding instead of our wedding.”

Tiffany actually a bit confused. After Taeyeon proposed to her, not once Tiffany pushed her to have their wedding immediately. And after 2 years, it was Taeyeon who initiated the conversation about their wedding. But when they started the preparation, Taeyeon seemed to lost her interest.

“Maybe she just – you know, she doesn’t care about all the decoration and stuff. She just wants to marry you regardless when and where.”, Yuri tried to analyzed.

“Maybe. This preparation is also stressing me out and we already have a lot of fight because of it. I thought that we can cool down a little bit.”

It was true what Tiffany said. She was so busy preparing the wedding and Taeyeon was no help at all. She even forgot about her excitement about marrying Taeyeon just because she didn’t have time to think about it.

“Take your time.”, Yuri said and she held Tiffany’s hand. “We will help you as much as we can.”

*****

“What’s the matter with you?”, Jessica sneered when she asked Taeyeon. Jessica managed to catch Taeyeon before she went too far and they decided to find a bar to drink a cocktail. “This is your wedding!”

Taeyeon scoffed. But she actually needed someone to talk to. She wanted to go to Yuri at first but considering Yuri might be in her sensi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter