confusion

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yes. Yes. I am home. Okay, see you tonight.”, said Tiffany as she ended the call.

She entered her apartment and sighed when she found Yuri just lying there at the sofa, with few of bottle soju lying here and there in scattered places. Yuri looked so lifeless. Her hair was messy and lately she rarely she took shower.

“Oh.. you’re home.”, Yuri mumbled when she saw Tiffany.

For this past week, Yuri has stopped contacting Jessica. She didn’t text her, didn’t bother to call or even sending flowers. She also stopped contacting Taeyeon to ask about Jessica. She felt helpless and she wanted to give up. She didn’t know what to do anymore. But if affected her life, Yuri could not sleep almost every night, she didn’t go out from the house and just drink alcohol most of the time.

“You got drunk again.”, Tiffany sighed again. She collected the soju bottles from the floor to dump it to the trash.

Yuri just chuckled bitterly.

Tiffany have had enough. At first, both Yuri and her became anchor to each other, stay strong together to hold onto their love. But Yuri has changed and not in a good way. Tiffany felt that now she had to pamper Yuri like a baby. Everyday she almost lost her patience when she saw her messy apartment with alcohol everywhere. She had to force Yuri to eat eventhough most of the time Yuri will refuse. She was unable to talk with Yuri anymore as Yuri never got sober and she just blabbering non-sense everytime Tiffany tried to make conversation with her.       

“Yul, could you please stop?”, Tiffany said softly. She moved closer towards Yuri and kneel before her. “I don’t like seeing you like this.”, she added as she hold Yuri’s hand. 

Yuri pushed Tiffany’s hand away harshly and groaned. That did it. It triggered Tiffany’s rage.

“God damnit, Yuri! Stop getting drunk all the time! I can’t take it anymore!”, Tiffany stood up and shouted, making Yuri jolt in surprise.

“Don’t yell at me, Fany! You don’t even know how I feel!”, Yuri retorted.

“I know how you feel!! Believe me I know!”, Tiffany retorted, she put her hands on her chest. “Do you think I don’t miss Taeyeon every single day? I cried almost every night thinking how much I miss her, even cried more whenever I am thinking that whether at some point we would be happier without each other!!”

“But Taeyeon didn’t leave you and you didn’t leave Taeyeon!! Sica left me! I don’t know what else to do! I don’t know if I have any reason to live anymore!”

“Don’t be so pathetic, Yul! Do you think Jessi will come back to you if you like this?!?”

“She was ignoring me all the time!! What’s the difference? I’ve lost her, end of story!!”, Yuri also yelled in frustration.

“But this is not how you deal with that!! Where the hell Yuri that I know?! I want to help you but I cant if you like this!”

“No-one can help me! Not even you!” Yuri pointed at Tiffany. She didn’t mad at Tiffany and actually she was angry with herself. But Yuri really feel that she has lost hope and she knew she was the only one to blame.

“Gosh, Yuri! Grow up! Look at yourself. Have you done enough to get her back?! Now you just live at my house, just being useless, doing nothing and get drunk everyday, instead of fighting for her!”

“Oh you don’t like me living here with you?? So I am like nuisance for you??? Is that what I am to you?”, Yuri scoffed.

“OMG! I can’t!!”, Tiffany really could not deal with Yuri right now. She also had her own problem to deal it and at this point Yuri just adding more headache to her. Tiffany turned her body around, ready to walk out from her own apartment.

“No! Tiffany, wait!!”, seeing Tiffany was about to leave, Yuri chased her. She threw herself to Tiffany and hug her from behind. Crying like there’s no tomorrow.

“I am sorry. Please don’t leave me, Fany. Please.. Please don’t leave like Sica left me.”, Yuri begged while sobbing.

Tiffany froze when she heard Yuri crying and how tight Yuri’s hand wrapped around her waist. Yuri fell down on her knees, still crying. “I’ve lost her, Fany-ah. I can’t lose you too. Please don’t leave.”, she repeated again, pleading non-stop.

Tiffany turned her body around and cupped Yuri’s face. Her heart shattered when she saw the view in front of her. Yuri looked so vulnerable,  her eye bags were clearly visible and she was so thin as she lost so much weight.

“I won’t leave you. I won’t. I am sorry. I know it hurts, Yul. We will get through this together, okay.”, Tiffany beamed her eye-smiled to Yuri. She kneeled too to face Yuri, gave her a hug and kissed Yuri’s forehead.

*****

“Stop. Stop. Taeyeon-shi.”, one of the crew inside the studio sighed and asked Taeyeon to get out from the recording booth. They were testing some of the new songs to be added in Taeyeon new album. If it fits, then the final version of the songs to be released can be recorded in the US.  

“Sorry.”, Taeyeon mumbled apologetically.  

“You kept singing the wrong lyrics. Did you really study to memorize the lyrics?”, he asked again, shaking her head.

“Yes I did. Sorry. I guess I was just nervous. It’s been a long time since I did this.”, Taeyeon reasoned.

But actually that was not the real reason. Since two days ago, Taeyeon tried to contact Tiffany but no answer from Tiffany at all. Usually Tiffany will reply, even just a short text like ‘ok’ or ‘I’m fine’. After no reply at all, Taeyeon went crazy and kept sending thousand messages to Tiffany. From simply just asking politely, to become angry message, until she begged Tiffany to reply her message. She tried to call Tiffany but the latter didn’t answer her call as well.

She took out her phone again from her pocket to check and still, nothing from Tiffany.

“Taeyeon-shi!?!”, Taeyeon startled when the guy called her again.

“Ah, yes?”

“Please pay attention. Is there something wrong? You seem… off.”, he asked worriedly.

Taeyeon shook her head immediately. “Everything’s okay. Let’s try again. But first, could you please excuse me for a second, I need to make a quick call.”

Taeyeon ran outside the studio and quickly called Tiffany again. Still no answer. Nervously, she dialed Yuri’s number, hoping that she can talk to Yuri asking Tiffany whereabouts. But Yuri’s phone was not active. Taeyeon groaned. She didn’t like it when Tiffany was missing in action. A fear started to cloud in her mind, she worried if Tiffany okay there in LA, or maybe.. Tiffany has started to forget about her? Her hand scrambled to find Jessica’s name to write a text. She knew Jessica usually busy at this hour so Taeyeon didn’t want to disturb her.

To Sooyeon: Can you please call Tiffany? I cant get hold of her and she didn’t reply any of my text or my call for these past 2 days. I’m getting crazy here. Tried to call Yuri but her phone is off. Help! Thank you Sica.

Taeyeon tried to record the songs again after that. But her mind messed up, and repeatedly made mistakes again. Sometimes she forgot the melody, she failed to hit the notes, all in all it was a disaster. The music producer and his crew finally gave up. They think that Taeyeon was not in her best condition right now. They knew Taeyeon, of course, who does not kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter