The trust issue

Finding Us Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sica?”

Jessica startled when she heard someone calling her name. “Geezz, Taeng.. You scared me.”

Taeyeon lightly chuckled. “Sorry. I didn’t expect a company at 2 in the morning. What are you doing anyway?”

“I cant sleep”, Jessica replied in short.

“You? Someone who can sleep 12 hours a day and can sleep wherever, now unable to sleep? Trouble?”, Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. She the light and open the fridge, tried to find something to drink.

Jessica just smiled without responding to Taeyeon’s question.

“What do you want? Water clearly would not help you sleep.”, Taeyeon asked again, pointing to a glass of water that Jessica held in her hand.

“Do you have warm milk?”, Jessica asked back.

“I do. But actually I was going to have a glass of wine.”, Taeyeon laughed and pulled out a bottle of red wine.

“Ah, maybe you’re right. Forget the milk. Wine is better.”, Jessica lightly chuckled.

Taeyeon took two glasses and started to pour the wine for them both. They drank the wine in silence, each of them drowning in their own thought.

“So…”, Jessica broke the silence. “What’s wrong with you?”, she asked softly.

Taeyeon smiled weakly. “You know I always have this sleeping trouble for a long time.”

Jessica bent her eyebrows, she did not believe Taeyeon reason. “So what is the problem this time?”

“What about you?”, Taeyeon refused to answer and asked Jessica back.

Jessica sighed. “Are we going to ask each other like this until we finished the bottle?”

Jessica knew she and Taeyeon were more or less the same. They both were unable to express their feelings easily and tend to keep everything to themselves.

“Okay..okaay..”, Taeyeon nodded and surrendered. “You go first. I’ll go next I promise.”

“Tae…”

“You know you can tell me anything, Sica. It’s me.”, Taeyeon cut Jessica’s sentence and held her hand.

Jessica startled for the second time because of Taeyeon when she felt Taeyeon’s hand grabbed hers. It was warm, but different kind of warm compared to Yuri’s hand. It’s sincere and soothing, as if making sure that she was not alone.

“Okay.. Uhmmm..”, Jessica mumbled, trying to find words to tell what has been bothering her.  “I think… I don’t know… I think… Yuri cheated on me.”

“Whaatt??”, Taeyeon almost scream and retrieved her hand back from Jessica immediately.

 

Flashback

“Yul! I am home!”, Jessica shouted when she arrived at the house she shared with Yuri, after spending a week abroad for meetings and events.

“In the kitchen, baby. Welcome home.”, Yuri shouted back, informing that she was cooking.

Jessica plopped herself on the sofa, scrolling her phone to check her schedule for tomorrow. Suddenly, a message that came from Yuri’s phone beside her attract her attention.  She almost got a heart attack when she saw the name, it was Son Ye Jin. When she read the message, she can felt her blood boil.

“Sica, food is ready.”, Yuri called while putting all the food at the dining table.

“What is this???”, Jessica asked,  walking towards Yuri and pointing the phone to Yuri’s face.

Yuri’s face turned pale when she saw the message and she gulped when she realized that Jessica has read the message.

“Its…its..its nothing..”, Yuri stuttered.

“What do you mean nothing?!? Did you meet her while I was gone???”, Jessica asked again, her tone was higher.

“Well I….”

“Answer me!!!!”, Jessica lost her patience and half screamed.

“Alright, alright. Yes I did. But nothing happened, I swear. It was only a friendly meeting.”, Yuri made a step towards Jessica to calm her down but Jessica took a step backwards.

“Friendly? She gave you a kiss emoticon and she said thank you for giving her warmth??? What is that supposed to mean???”

“We’re just talking, baby. I swear to God nothing happened.”, Yuri tried to explained herself.

“Did you have with her???”, Jessica’s face turned red indicating that she was getting angry.

“I didn’t. I swear I did not.”

“Did you meet her more than once???”, Jessica gritted her teeth, still shooting questions.  

Yuri became quiet and she lowered her head, not daring to look at Jessica’s face. Seeing the response from Yuri, Jessica’s anger become uncontrollable.

“AND YOU KEEP HIDING TH

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter