Preparations

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
//

This one will be a short one tho. But, don't worry, the following ones would be like the last ones! 

SPL! After this chapter and the next one, I will start the real show! Stay tuned!  //       Seoul, South Korea - Unknown - November 14 - 9 am Day 4.  

Guess where Seulgi is. 

 

that’s right… or not, since I don’t know whether it is what you’re thinking or, urgh! Dude, I’m not making any sense, am I?

 

She is in Gangnam, at the building of—well, she does not remember the name of—anyway, what is she doing here? Of course, what for?

 

Fair enough, the lecturer is fine, though.  She was not some strict little piece of devil in a spawn of what they call an evil spirit or something unlikely. 

 

But that’s what I thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“No, I will not prefer that.”

 

Okay, Seulgi had never thought of this—no, not at all. First, let her just say, screw this really. Second, she was definitely a headache!

 

Seulgi got it, she is a professional teacher, but the monolid womana is secretary with a goddamn degree of Engineering! This will never be her place nor her job to do, yet she is still here anyway. 

 

Seulgi is a mad genius, if she was forgetting, and guess what? The said lecturer got her Phd. in Social Sciences, but Seulgi does not seem to care about it since all she wants is to get out of here—the sooner, the better. 

 

“What do you mean, you don't prefer that?”

 

Let Seulgi just say something, she was fine about the professor of conformity or whatever suits herself, and she is a secretary—her point was, they are so much different! Let her emphasize that, what she meant was, this professor is too damn laic! Do they know secular people? She is definitely like that—besides, she still have some nuts left but, if she thinks about it, that is certainly what Seulgi was trying to signify.

 

Do you get me?

 

Or maybe you do not, but, Seulgi already has told you that this lecturer is not what I thought she would be.

 

“That person you picked looks like trouble.”

 

Look, can they stop being picky? Seulgi cannot deal with anymore useless craps in her life. She swore, she already had enough of it now to the point she was starting puke. 

 

“She’s fine!” Seulgi raised both of her arms. “I mean, she’s not that bad.”

 

The professor shook her head. “No–” she pointed her index at the secretary, “–women like her is not acceptable!”

 

You judge too quickly, Lucifer.

 

“Excuse you, but how would you know that?” Seulgi leaned back on her chair. “Are you some Peai or something?”

 

“I just know.”

 

Seulgi raised both of my brows. “You just know?”

 

“Look, young lady. I understand your concerns, you are a woman too, but orthodox by means of feminism does not work that way.”

 

What? I didn’t pick that up.

 

Is she talking alien or something? Look, Seulgi is obviously a wiz gem, but she did not actually quite get that statement. 

 

The latter blinked. “Can you not talk civilly?”

 

Is that a word?

 

“Women should be graceful and aplomb.”

 

Seulgi filled her mouth with air and huffed it. “Does being... you know, civil, include in that orthodox of yours?”

 

“Exactly.”

 

Seulgi waved her hands in front of her. “Can we get out of this topic and just focus on whatever we are doing?”

 

“I am focusing, but you maundered.”

 

Pardon?

 

Seulgi maundered? Wow! She was just asking, and of course she would maunder since they were obviously discussing.

 

The monolid woman scrunched her nose. Just let it go, Seulgi. “Yeah. Sure.”

 

What they are currently doing was finding a wife! What else would they be doing? Anyway, back to the subject since they do not have all the time in the world.

 

Lee Chaerin, I am starting to dislike you.

 

“What about this one?” She pointed the screen.

 

Seulgi blinked once again. Are you out of your goddamn mind?

 

“You gotta be kidding, right?”

 

She can’t be serious.

 

The professor smiled in a way that showed absolute frank. “Look at her! That is what you call a woman.”

 

“No.” Seulgi shook her head. “That is what you call a menopause!”

 

The lecturer widened her eyes and looked at me in alarming way. “She is not! This–” she pointed the screen for the nth time, “–is a grown woman!”

 

“Are ladies in their forties is what you perceive about the words, ‘grown woman’?” Seulgi deadpanned. 

 

“It is called being suitable!”

 

The secretary just shook her head and gestured for her hands. “I am very sorry, professor that prefers old people, but–” Seulgi snickered, “–this is Irene Bae that we are talking about.”

 

She scoffed. “You are right, but you are not better yourself.”

 

“Come again?” 

 

Patience is a virtue, Seulgi.

 

“I said, the ones you picked are not passing any standards of womanism.”

 

Seulgi forced to smile. “Professor, look.” She pressed her lips together. “We don’t have time for that, don’t you see? I have things to work out, alright.”

 

“And I have mine!” She massaged her temples. “You are in a place wherein niceties and good form are conducted. It is my job to find a conventional wife for who—”

 

Seulgi raised her palm. “Alright–” then she glared at the former, “–alright! You win, gosh.”

 

Eventually, the lecturer let that go. This is not what Seulgi had anticipated it to be—she never, ever wished for another picky brat, then why the hell are they giving her plenty of them? 

 

“How about this one?” 

 

The professor squinted her eyes and Seulgi internally sighed to let out her frustration.

 

Just say yes already, bloody hell.

 

“She is not elegant, and I presume that she does not have equanimity as well.”

 

Who cares about those?

 

Seulgi rolled her eyes. “Let me just remind you that we don’t have at least one person on our list, so kindly–” she groaned, “–be considerate for once in your life.”

 

“I am being considerate, Miss Kang.”

 

The latter bit her lower lip. “Don’t–” she then shook her head, “–don’t call me, ‘Miss Kang’.”

 

“It is a form of addressing with deference.”

 

“It’s not what–” Seulgi gestured her hand in frustration, “–look, just don’t call me that.”

 

“Then what would I call you?”

 

“Remove the chivalry, alright.” The secretary's face narrowed. “It’s cheesy.”

 

“Homage is absolutely not cheesy.”

 

“Whatever helps you sleep at night.” Seulgi rolled her eyes. “Just don’t call me by my surname. I have a name, use it.”

 

“Alright.” She nodded. “So, about what I am saying, Miss Seulgi—”

 

Will she get it inside her head?

 

The monolid woman groaned audibly. “It’s just Seulgi. Seulgi. Don’t you–” she cursed mentally, “whatever–” she then waved my hands, “–call me whatever you want.”

 

“That sounds better.” She uttered. “Anyway, Miss Kang Seulgi…”

 

Mother of god.

 

“… women are unpredictable. I studied conservatism for years—”

 

“Just get to the point.” Seulgi whispered weakly while her hand was massaging her forehead.

 

“What I meant was, women is not just what you see in pictures. They can be different in reality.”

 

“O… kay?”

 

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

 

“Do you have a tiny brain?”

 

Excuse me? I am extremely offended. 

 

Maybe the professor was the one who has a tiny brain! She was right, correct? Of course, she is—like, they already know that is definitely out of context. 

 

“I have a big brain, Madame.”

 

She looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter