Gangnam Punt

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

¡ 𝙰𝚃𝚃𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽 !

-ᴘs. ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇ-

𒊹︎

 

Daegu, South Korea - unknown time and day

 

A man stands in front of a mirror clearly judging himself, whether it is about his purpose or his whatsoever issues in life. It is over for him anyway. Months ago, he thought everything is going smoothly; from being the generous one to being considered as great. He did not expect much just because he knew there are many more better than him, despite that, he still continued on his path.

 

But what has been repaid?

 

He is probably angry, loathing, and regretting… regretting for not being enough by someone’s eye; that someone who should see his own significance. Yet, he was replaced.

 

Always been.

 

(fb)

 

He knew the SK Chairman was really a picky one since he himself is a hotshot. Jung was very much fond of his father since the reason was he see his own self in him, which is always the case.

 

His beloved father was the standard, as well as their ancestors, but he did better than any of them. It was no joke that they rule the industry, even the so-called globalization. Everything was set for him, starting from birth down to his own grave. The life has been set, the career was already prepared, and he had the plans set inside his precious mind. Still, it went into downfall.

 

No, he did not expect it to happen at all.

 

All he knew afterwards is that he is been removed. Both in the chair and everything else. Oh, he was devastated which no one knew of course. The world has been asking him since then, is it fine? No, it is obviously not. How can he hate his own sister, especially his father? But the universe is not yet ready for that conversation.

 

Years of training, studying, and development then this is his honorarium? If he is honest enough, he is so jealous of his sister since they were little. She is so bright, logical, intelligent, beautiful, and talented–such a perfect woman. It was absolutely the reason why they always choose her over somebody.

 

But he always loved her. 

 

Lost in his thoughts, the man behind of the lavish desk calls his attention once more. “Are you listening?”

 

The latter looks up to meet the man’s intimidating eyes. Behind those orbs lie a goal–a peculiar goal to achieve. He clenches his fist before giving the man a daring glare.

 

“You see, I knew what happened to you. I give you my empathy.”

 

He remained unspoken.

 

“I guess you received my call?”

 

“I wouldn’t be here if I don’t.”

 

The man laughed wholeheartedly then pointed me his middle finger before looking at the other men inside the room. “Did you hear him?”

 

But the other men did not dare to laugh. Not a single one breaks from their posture.

 

“You’re funny.” The man nods at the young lad. “I’m starting to like you.”

 

The latter did not respond again. He received a box of styrofoams with a joker card inside it then an address was written on the said card. He is not the type to be fooled easily, but there is this sudden call that invites him through this card. That is why he stands here right now.

 

“Are you not fond of conversations?” The man lights up a stick of cigar.

 

“Just not with you.”

 

The man smiles up to him, agreeing on his statement. “That’s right. I used to have that kind of thinking when I was in your age.”

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Always straightforward as ever…” the man mumbles under her breath with a sigh.

 

He gestured the flunkey to come closer while carrying a big black briefcases. When the flunkey put those on the table then opened each after, stashes of money are perfectly aligned to each other.

 

“Two hundred million won.”

 

He looks at the latter in the eyes. “For what?”

 

“Betray your kin.”

 

He did not answer his offer. The man tried to read him but no avail; he is really good in hiding his inner emotions and expressions over things, especially when he hates the situation he is in.

 

“No.” He finally responds then starts to walk away.

 

Is this what they called him for? A stupid suggestion over a two hundred million won? Sure, the money is seriously big but he can gain that–but definitely for a long time. Still uncounted to even consider.

 

“I can guarantee the fall of your father.”

 

That made him stop his tracks. Oh, he loathes him so so much. Not that he can express it freely anyway. He slowly turns around to seek for a questionable response but he finds none.

 

“And along with your sister? How about that?” The man continues and leans back on his chair.

 

That sounds convincing but he will not let it. That is an absurd idea! He will never be someone who loses his dignity just for the sake of a sick game.

 

“You don’t have a choice too and since we have this conversation, I can’t let you walk out from that door breathing.”

 

Suddenly, the men inside the room draw out their guns. He can just die right here, right now. But he refuses that idea. He wants to live for quite a while until he buries all his remorses and mistakes. No doubt he hates them for that but what can he do now then?

 

“And for what cause?” The latter asks.

 

“I want the position your father is taking aim in and I know Jung won’t let me have it. Since my kins and I are foreigners, Chinese to be exact and Jung doesn’t want full outsiders, I might want to need your help.”

 

“And if I refuse?”

 

The man did not say anything but put a single bullet on the desk, and that is all the answer he needs.

 

He smirks then scoffs afterwards. “You called me for that?”

 

“I’m a businessman, you should know that. All I want is for the best and I know what’s best. So, what do you say?”

 

No answer.

 

“I know you hate them for it.” The man puts his cigar on a coaster. “And I hate them for it too. How can they replace someone as brilliant as you? Too bad, they don’t know what they lost.”

 

“And you do?”

 

“Of course! That’s why I called you here.”

 

He swallows a lump in his throat. Not the best idea actually and he does not want a bullet inside this head, does he? And the man is somehow right.

 

“How can you be so sure about this?”

 

The man guffaws. “My name is Wang Kyungdae.”

 

Of course he knows that. He sees this man almost everywhere; even once believed that he is only here to destroy their empire, and guess what? He finally confirmed it himself that he surely will. 

 

Kyungdae sits up. “Jackson.”

 

The latter walks towards their spot while eyeing the young lad with a blank mien. Jackson does not welcome someone that fast. He studies them first, then seeks for what they can do. The latter is basically a human element and he is very treasured.

 

“I don’t need your son.” He spats.

 

Kyungdae laughs again for the nth time. “He is not my son.”

 

That is a new found information. Everyone inside the industry knows Jackson Wang, the heir and weapon of Wang Corp. The young lad was for sure shocked to hear it coming from Kyungdae himself.

 

“He’s my foster one and we kept it that way.” Kyungdae adds up.

 

Probably the young lad does not care about their family history anymore, not that he is being involved in a situation where risks are very present. He does not like being at risk.

 

“Anyway, what do you say?”

 

He ponders. If he refuse, he is basically going to be dead right after a second he gave his answer.

 

The latter just wants his father’s destruction.

 

“It’s just one bullet for them.” Kyungdae says that makes him look at the single bullet. “One bullet for them and we will win this game.”

 

“One bullet only for my father, do you understand?”

 

He do not want his sister nor anyone else to be involved. This is between him and his father–this is their chess game. Once he finds a way to see a perfect checkmate, his father will not even see it coming.  

 

Kyungdae grins widely in enthusiasm. “Well done, my boy!”

 

He got no response to that. Oh, he will make sure they will see how great he is, especially his bastard father. Just got something to prove and they will see how mistaken they are and no one will be excepted, not even Jung.

 

“Welcome aboard, Heechul.”

 

(end)

 

And now that Kyungdae asked him to deliver a box to Kang Seulgi yesterday, he expected it to be something Jackson-like since Jackson plans everything. He is basically the mastermind. The box contained styrofoams without nothing inside, and of course Seulgi will probably throw it out, and she did afterwards.

 

It was part of the game.

 

Not so long ago, he was given a new task… and he did not like it. Receiving a black envelope with black sand in it, he knows what they want from him. It should be done right without mistakes, and that is what he is been doing for the past months.

 

He is walking at the hallways of the Manor looking for a certain blonde woman, and when she spots her at the house library, she did not expect his sister to be with her. Of course Heechul noticed, how they are been okay these past few days, how they have been spending more time together, and yesterday’s event. The latter does not know how to feel exactly.

 

Maybe his sister is acting just like her role, same goes with the blonde. It was not unsettling but Heechul does not know what to feel at all. Despite this is his father’s doing, and he knows what is real and what is fake; he knows everything.

 

And that is what he is been reporting to Jackson these past few days.

 

And so, he left the two woman be. He will deal with Seulgi some other time. For now, he needs to ponder for something that will occur in less than a few hours.

 

“How about I color it red instead?”

 

Seulgi looks at the raven. “It’s okay, it’s your style. Just put some texture in it to add up the spice.”

 

“Isn’t it a little too off?”

 

“No, it’s fine. How can you know if you won’t try?”

 

Joohyun stares at the canvas. “How can you even love drawing? This is so lame.”

 

“You’re only saying that because you’re bad at it.”

 

“Yah! Do you want me to throw this case to you?”

 

Seulgi shakes her head but not removing her tiny smile. “Art is patient.”

 

“Well I’m not patient.”

 

The blonde chuckles. “I can see that.”

 

Suddenly, a crumpled paper lands on Seulgi’s face.

 

“Good for you.” The raven says before averting back her attention at the artwork and Seulgi just snickers in amusement.

 

They continue to do their masterpieces (which Seulgi is good at). While Joohyun keeps on glancing at Seulgi’s canvas only to see if she is doing better than her, and sure she is. Oh, how Joohyun hates to lose. Everyone basically knows how competitive little brat she is and she will not let Seulgi win that easily.

 

Joohyun kicks the table of the blonde that makes the latter commit a mistake when tracing the outline of her work. Seulgi looks at Joohyun with wide eyes as the raven just laughs off before going back to her work.

 

Unexpected to Joohyun, Seulgi also kicks her table and she messes up completely. With a fatal glare, she snaps her neck to look at Seulgi who is smirking at her.

 

Did she just do that… to ME? Her boss?!

 

“Yah! Kang Seulgi!”

 

“What? You started it.”

 

Joohyun furrows her brows. “You can’t just do that to me!”

 

“And you can do that to me?” Seulgi deadpans. “Such a pleasure, boss.”

 

“Now it’s ruined.” Joohyun looks at the canvas.  

 

“It’s fine. Just fix it.”

 

Joohyun remains silent and Seulgi curiously glance at the raven only to find her looking at her with anxious eyes, something that was not shown before.

 

“Why?”

 

“I-I don’t know how to fix it.”

 

“Ah.” Seulgi smiles before standing up on her chair. “You should’ve said so.”

 

The blonde goes behind Joohyun before eyeing the latter’s work. It was not bad, perhaps it was indeed good for a first timer. The red color really did somehow look good but it the artwork lacks something and Seulgi studies it to find out.

 

“Stop staring at it!” Joohyun pinches Seulgi’s arm and the latter yelps in pain, stinging her skin.

 

“Ouch! Aggressive much?”

 

“You’re judging it a bit too long now.”

 

Seulgi looks at her with an offended face. “I wasn’t judging it, I was studying it.”

 

“Yeah yeah, whatever.”

 

“And it looks good though.” Seulgi utters without leaving her sight at the artwork.

 

Joohyun looks up to her only to find the blonde in all sincerity. Does not she know how to lie? And even if she knows, will it still be transparent? Joohyun can only guess because albeit she is good at reading others, sometimes Kang Seulgi is confusing as hell (and little did she know it goes the other way around too).

 

“It seems you need some blending and values here and there.” Seulgi adds.

 

“Can you not speak art language?”

 

“What I mean is this.” Seulgi grabs Joohyun’s dominant hand before guiding them onto the canvas.

 

Joohyun gulps involuntarily the moment the bigger hand envelopes warmth in her smaller ones and Seulgi drags her hand delicately along the artwork, letting her do the brushing. Joohyun observes the canvas as it becomes naturally A1. Throughout the whole silence and Seulgi focusing on making the art even more on fleek, Joohyun glances up to see the monolid woman’s features. The way her brows knit whenever she focuses and that tiny squint whenever she does a hard . It was all visible to Joohyun.

 

Seulgi grins proudly before letting go of the raven’s hand. “All done!”

 

Joohyun snaps out of her trance before turning her face away from Seulgi to look at the artwork they did. It looks better now, much much better. The quality of this masterpiece is suddenly tremendous than what she did earlier. Joohyun does not know how to feel about it.

 

“It’s fixed now.”

 

“Sure it is.” Joohyun mumbles. “T-that was cool.”

 

“Really?” says Seulgi with a tone of expectation. “No one has ever complimented me as a cool artist.”

 

“Guess I’m the first one then?”

 

“Yeah, you’re the first one.”

 

They share a good moment of staring into each other before Joohyun clears then they both break away and fall into a completely silence. Suddenly, a knock on the open doors rings and the two women snap their head to look at the intruder.

 

It was Tiffany.

 

“Eomma!” Joohyun greets before clearing in awareness of how she sounded like.

 

Tiffany smiles before walking towards the two women. “It seems like you two are quite busy?”

 

“Ah, it’s nothing.”

 

“Oh come on Joohyun! Look at this? Did you make this one?” Tiffany points the canvas on the desk in front of the raven.

 

Did she make it? Well, half of it yes, but it will not turn out that magnificent if it was not for Seulgi. Take note that it was ruined just a while ago before the latter retouched it with ease.

 

Joohyun did not answer and her mom is expecting one. Why did she even become speechless all of a sudden? Joohyun is definitely competitive, she is also someone who does not like to lose, but she is not someone who takes credit over other’s work.

 

“Yes, it’s hers.”

 

Joohyun looks at the blonde who answers for her, and there is a glint in her eyes that is very unexplainable to the raven. Tiffany then puts a hand on Joohyun’s shoulder and gives her a smile of fondness.

 

“I see you’re going out of your box. That’s great Joohyun-ah.”

 

“Yeah, g-great.”

 

Tiffany puts down the canvas. “I came to stop by to check on you two, as well as the others, so that I can—”

 

A phone rings in the middle of everything and Joohyun stands up on her chair in a split second. “Sorry. I got to take this… hello?”

 

Then the raven walks away, leaving the fancy four walls. As her tail disappears at the corner of the doors, Seulgi shifts her weight while fidgeting with her hands behind her back.

 

“She’s always like that, no?” Tiffany asks without leaving her eyes at the doors. “It’s worrying to see what she has become all over the years.”

 

Seulgi did not answer but her ears are very much attentive to the older woman’s words. Tiffany looks back again at the canvas before picking it up to examine it.

 

“I can see her improvement just by looking at this.” The older woman says. “How is everything going, especially for you?”

 

Seulgi gulps. “I-it’s fine, I guess.”

 

“You guess?”

 

“It’s good, ma’am.”

 

“How many times do I have to say this for you to stop calling me that? It makes me feel old, you know.”

 

“I-I can’t help it.” Seulgi answers. “It would be disrespectful to—”

 

“Nonsense!” Tiffany waves her hand in disagreement. “I only want you to be comfortable.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“I heard your aunt stayed? Where is she now?”

 

“She doesn’t like to stay here. She’s staying in Dalseo. I’m visiting her later.”

 

“Ah. That’s great.” Tiffany nods. “How about Joohyun? How is she?”

 

Well, there is been something between Tiffany and Seulgi, which Seulgi kept from Joohyun. It was not bad rather it was a brilliant idea. Seulgi just really wants to help her boss.

 

(fb)

 

After the grand party where their relatives have to go, it was exhausting yet exultant for them (unsure about Joohyun though). The very next day, Seulgi called her at the back fields as they strolled around there while conversing about something.

 

“I know it will be too much to ask but I did ask you to take care of Joohyun since you’ll be closest one to monitor her.”

 

Seulgi nods in understanding to where this conversation will go. Of course she cares about her boss, she wants to be her friend since Joohyun is very much a loner. Despite dealing with her own problems, she knew the raven has tons of it then carries the burden all to herself, so she decides to help her.

 

“How is she?”

 

“She is fine but I don’t think she is fine enough.” Seulgi left out the parts where they argued over Joohyun’s mood switch.

 

“I see…” Tiffany mutters. “It will be selfish for me to say but I’m grateful you’re the one playing that fake fiancée role since you knew Joohyun already, even though not much, but still.”

 

Seulgi nods again since she does not have words for that.

 

“Can you do me a second favor? It’s okay if there’s a repayment or anything in return. Name your price then—”

 

Seulgi shakes her head quickly. “I’ll do it but without the prices. I don’t like being repaid like that.”

 

“Oh.” Tiffany understands. Seulgi is just too good to be true. “Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. Can I ask what is it?”

 

“I just want you to help Joohyun go out of her tiny circle. She’s been stuck in there for so long.”

 

The blonde nods leisurely. In her years working for Irene Bae, she already know how focused her boss is, how wise and intimidating she is, and very much how good of a boss she is despite being all bratty and cold every damn time—but she knows she is a good person.

 

“What can I do, ma’am?”

 

“Stop calling me that. Didn’t we agree on that already?”

 

“Sorry, I can’t help it.”

 

Tiffany chortles. “About what I said, she needs to go unwinding. Make her do the things she doesn’t do before. Take her out of the world, I’m sure she is rotting inside her own comfort zone.”

 

Seulgi laughs because it is true somehow. The first time she looked at Irene Bae’s eyes, they were very blank, as if there’s a wall behind it to prevent someone from reading her too swiftly. Seulgi will not blame her for putting such a mechanism.

 

“I’ll try my best.”

 

“I know you will.”

 

(end)

 

That is why Seulgi had the courage to ask Joohyun to eat street foods with her or to whenever she can, include the interaction of Joohyun between the animals yesterday. Part of her is doing this for Tiffany since it is a favor, but mostly she is doing this for Joohyun’s sake. Either as her fake fiancée, her doting secretary, or as her friend.

 

Tiffany looks at her watch. “I suppose I should get going. I have something to take care of within an hour. Are you going to be okay, Seulgi-yah?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Tiffany smiles warmly as a goodbye before walking towards the library doors to leave. When the older woman’s frame was not present anymore, Seulgi sighs before fixing the things they used for today.

 

Upon making contact on the canvas of Joohyun, she smiles softly. The art was a bunny in a red coat. It resembles Joohyun so much and perhaps the blonde will keep this if Joohyun refuse to take it with her.

 

Meanwhile, Joohyun just ended the call and she is standing at the big terrace of the mansion. Where you can see the enormous garden from there. The call was about the deal with the Parks, where her backup plan lies. She had to inquire a partnership with Park Bogum and his dad just in case everything goes downhill.

 

She cannot lose her company.

 

Unknown to the raven, Bae Seojoon is standing behind her with a serious face. Announcing his presence, he clears his throat in an authoritative manner.

 

Joohyun turns around immediately to see his father standing so poised. The raven was intimidated, but she will not admit it in the slightest. Rather, the latter stands up straight to hide the uneasiness within her.

 

“You’re spending too much time with her.” Seojoon says.

 

“It wasn’t much of a big deal.”

 

The man stares at her blankly, include the coldness and authority in his frown. “How so?”

 

“I’m just playing my role. Besides, I need to repay her.”

 

“Repayment, you say?” Seojoon raises a brow. “Let me do the repayment then and stop whatever you’re doing.”

 

“She doesn’t like the repayment you’re thinking. She is different and I guess you should know that by now.”

 

Seojoon scoffs. “And you do?”

 

“Yes I do.” Joohyun retorts back and walks away. “And if you will excuse me, I have matters in ha—”

 

Before she can even leave her father’s hell, a strong hand grabs her arm. It was not like the firm and gentle grasp, but more like very tight and superior one.

 

“We are not done yet.” Seojoon puts the raven back in front of him. “I have to something to discuss with you.”

 

“And what is that?”

 

“It’s about yesterday’s happening. I noticed you were gone the whole day, I suppose you went out with her?”  

 

“That’s right.”

 

“What exactly went into your head that made you do that? Should I knock your senses out, Joohyun?”

 

Joohyun clenches her jaws. “I know what I’m doing.”

 

“You better be.”

 

“I wouldn’t do something I didn’t ponder about, and please, let me do my ways because I also have plans on my own.”

 

Joohyun starts to walk away even before Seojoon gives an answer, and thank god, her father did not stop her this time. Whatever things are going on inside her father’s head, it is not her right to meddle, same goes to Seojoon as well.

 

When she gets back to the library, she sees no one even the artworks and materials they used. Joohyun’s eyes wander for a moment before wondering where could have she gone.

 

Where is Seulgi?

 

She tends to explore the mansion to find the blonde. After how many steps, she sees her at the kitchen area where she has the canvases and other materials on the counter. Seulgi sat on one of the stools with a focused frown that exerts whenever she does a work.

 

“There you are, I’ve been looking everywhere for you.”

 

Seulgi snaps her neck to look at the owner of the voice and instantly smiles when she sees the raven. “I was just doing something but I’ll be done with it soon.”

 

“Why do it here then?”

 

“I was just about to get a knife but I ended up sitting here.” Seulgi explains and continues to do whatever she is doing.

 

“What are you doing?” Joohyun takes the seat next to the blonde.

 

Seulgi glances at Joohyun for a brief second before grinning widely. “I’m framing your first masterpiece!”

 

The raven looks at her if she is kidding, but she finds fondness and admiration behind those honey orbs. “Uh—”

 

“My professor once said that your first works are the most memorable ones so you have to keep this in memory.”

 

Joohyun was stunned.

 

Seulgi assembles the last screw before she lifts it up to get a better view of the painting. “You shouldn’t have found me sooner since this will be a surprise.”

 

“S-surprise?”

 

“Yes!” Seulgi puts down the framework. “You resembles the bunny, that’s what I thought when I first looked at it.”

 

“Me? A bunny? I’m not a prey.”

 

“Perhaps not but it really resembles you.” Seulgi looks at the woman beside her. “A bunny symbolizes prosperity and good luck. You just possess those traits so much.”

 

Joohyun was speechless. Never in her life she imagined she will be matched up to a rabbit. Especially when her genius secretary blurted it out.

 

“Also, a bunny resembles a pretty woman.”

 

“A p-pretty woman?”

 

Joohyun is used to be called pretty, beautiful, goddess, and other things–but not once she blushes and stutters in one of them! Then why the hell is she doing that right now?

 

“Yes, a pretty woman. Like you.”

 

“You think I’m pretty…?”

 

Seulgi giggles. “Of course silly. Everyone does but I think you are really pretty. Beautiful.”

 

Joohyun’s words got stuck in . “U-um. Of c-course I know that I’m definitely pretty!”

 

“That’s what I said.” Seulgi picks up the framework then gives it to the raven with a genuine smile. “I hope you keep it.”

 

 

Joohyun stares at the framework for the past good minutes.

 

She is at one of their lounges in the house and the framework is placed in front of her on a couch. Indeed, she got a bit of help completing the so-called painting but Seulgi said it is Joohyun’s. Hers. The latter never loved arts and she thought it was lame to do. Even believed artists were a pity.

 

Now, looking at the painting, it was somehow abstract but the image is visible. There is always a first time in everything, and this is Joohyun’s first painting.

 

I hope you keep it.

 

Will she? Joohyun does not know. Part of her was saying no, but the a large portion of her says yes. If she admits it, she will say she enjoyed doing artsy things, but the problem is she will not.

 

An hour ago, Seulgi left. Well, the latter did not say she have errands today and Joohyun somehow felt agitated about it but she cannot pinpoint what exactly is the reason.

 

Seulgi did not even let Joohyun go with her!

 

(fb)

 

Seulgi was dressed in a black turt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter