Hiring Candidates

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 Seoul, South Korea - Seulgi's Complex - November 12 - 7 am  Day 2

 

Seulgi woke up feeling dense. Yesterday was indescribable, as if that day was cursed or something. Now, she regrets running in the rain since she can feel her nose starting to water, it was sensibly clogged; her throat, well… her throat was definitely sore. Her own saliva is parched and thick, like it was embroidered in her tongue.

 

She pushed herself up to sit, and she deplored herself for doing it—her entire body aches—as she released an audible groan which cause her sore throat to worsen.

 

I shouldn’t have done that.

 

Shall she thank the rain for giving her another hard time? She does not think so. Look, she does not have time for sickness, really. And add the fact that she was withered, like a plant, early in the ing morning!

 

Stupid Seulgi.

 

The latter just decided to just brush her damn teeth and be over with this. It was Sunday, and she was unwell, and she had oughted to rest—but cannot. Why?

 

Then her phone abruptly dinged: 

 

Hyejin.

 

See? That is the reason! Okay, this is untimely startling. Forgive her tongue but,  heavens, it is seven in forenoon!

 

Can’t I have a break? Just for a minute, can I?

 

Seulgi grabbed her phone on the nearby counter while brushing. Yes, while brushing her goddamn teeth, and anticipated whether to read it or not. To be honest, she does not want to read it—she does not even want to do this in the first place!

 

She hissed then grasped the phone tightly seemingly wanting to break it, and she does want to break it.

 

Just stay calm. It’s still seven in the morning to be bipolar.

 

Guess what? Of course she read it! What would she want to do then? Seulgi asked for her help, which she was desperately trying to persuade herself that she can assist the monolid woman, and the latter knows that she is capable of doing that but the problem is… she does not know if this is even possible or what. Seulgi meant about finding a bride at times like this? Really? Are you kidding me? Where the hell on earth will she be able to spot one? And append the certainty that she is working for Irene Bae.

 

Now, tell me, How. Will. I. Find. One?

 

Seulgi internally groaned and just opened the message:

 

Hyejin

I’m coming over.

 

The monolid woman frowned in a way that she can describe that she is currently confused, and indeed she is. Why would she come over?

 

Seulgi

Huh? Why?

 

Hyejin

Nothing serious. Maybe just to accompany you or something.

 

Okay, she was even more confused. First of all, Hyejin does not accompany people, not once or whatsoever. And secondly, she got work to do—an actual one—she is a Director after all. Third and foremost, she is a very cliché human being.

 

Seulgi

Are you sure you are Hyejin?

 

Hyejin

Istg, I’ll tear down your door if you don’t open this at once.

 

What the...? She is already here? Okay, that was unexpected. Since when do things started to be like this?

 

Seulgi almost dropped her phone when a series of patternless knocks were discerned in her front door.

 

Those knocks scream Hyejin.

 

She immediately opened it and saw Hyejin standing with a very desiderate mood.

 

Let her tell you what, Hyejin is sassy—she got the vibe of Sheldon Cooper, like a very bold person. She does not bat a … and that is why she is the one Seulgi asked help from.

 

The new comer was wearing a slate blazer with a pastel green top, an animal printed flared pants, and a pair of heels that screams ‘do not wear this unless you want your ankles to be injured’. Her hair was slicked back perfectly, and she was wearing a pair of Giordano sunglasses.

 

Classy as .

 

Hyejin took off her shades. “Are you letting me in or what?” She annoyingly said.

 

Seulgi scrunched her nose and removed the brush in her mouth. “Geez.” She said in a hoarse voice.

 

Becoming impatient, Hyejin just pushed the monolid woman aside and went in a very styling way of walking.

 

“Smells like something died in here.” She blurted out as soon as she stepped inside of Seulgi's property.

 

The latter closed the door and continued to brush her teeth while Hyejin is currently looking around while her face shows revulsion and displeasure.

 

“Okay, what is this? Is this a home or what?” She irritatingly uttered. “Look at this mess–” she pointed the paperworks and other stuffs scattered around, “–it appears like, a tornado has been formed here or something.”

 

“Don’t mind it.” Seulgi unclearly said since she was brushing her teeth.

 

She pointed her right ear. “What? Can’t understand you, moron.”

 

Seulgi rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom to clean. While she was doing her own thing, Hyejin kept on blabbering in the living room.

 

“You seem like you aren’t taking care of yourself.” She said. “Look at your fridge. It’s empty!”

 

Hyejin might be a brazen person, but she does care about people—like, genuinely. 

 

“Are you even living?”

 

Seulgi giggled at the assertion before wiping her hands and went out of the bathroom just to see the woman checking her kitchen cabinets.

 

“Your kitchen is dreadful to witness.” Hyejin muttered while her back was turned from me. “Buy your groceries, what the hell?”

 

“I don’t have time.”

 

She then turned around and looked at me blankly. “To eat?” 

 

“No, to buy groceries.”

 

“That’s exactly what I meant!” She exaggeratedly threw her hands up.

 

Seulgi scoffed and found a place to sit down, then Hyejin followed and stared at her in a way that she can say, it was inscrutable.

 

“Are you killing yourself?” She suddenly asked.

 

The monolid woman frowned and shook my head. “No. What does that mean?” 

 

“Your voice sounds desiccated.”

 

“Sore throat.” Seulgi brushed off.

 

“Do you want me to call Seung—”

 

“No!” Seulgi immediately interrupted.

 

No? Of course, no! Calling Seungwan means being scolded. Seulgi does not want someone to rant her right now—not at this jiffy times.

 

Hyejin paused and thought of what to say. “Okay, but look at you! You look poor and brittle.”

 

Seulgi pouted dumbly. “I am poor.”

 

“It’s not that.” She looked away for a second before looking back at me. “Why are you sick?” Them she seriously asked.

 

Seulgi cannot say it to her. If she says that she ran while raining, she would call Seungwan in an instant, and that is literally the last thing the monolid woman wants to happen at this hour.

 

“Nothing salient for me to say. I think it’s about the weather change or something.” Seulgi lied.

 

I hate lying, really. Especially the with the ones she does care about, but today is certainly different.

 

She seems to buy it before instantaneously standing up. “Why aren’t you ready yet?”

 

Seulgi deadpanned looked at her. “It’s seven am.”

 

Hyejin rolled her eyes. “Time runs fast, so–” she clasped both of her hands, “–chop chop! Go take a bath before I lose my patience.”

 

Seulgi shook her head. “No. It’s seven am.” She repeated while emphasizing the italicized.

 

Hyejin then grinned widely. “Exactly!”

 

“What does that mean?”

 

She groaned and took out her phone and and texted a little while, just as a smile crept out of her face. “We–” she put back it back to her handbag, “–are going somewhere, sweetheart.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seoul, South Korea - Unknown - November 12 - 8:00 am

 

“What are we doing here?” Seulgi gritted my teeth.

 

You are probably wondering where they are, and surely you did not guess that right. You will never guess it right.

 

“You know why we’re here.” Hyejin responded in a daunting way.

 

Here they are, in the most unforeseen place she had taken the monolid woman since the day she met her.

 

Supermarket.

 

“I swear Hyejin, if this is one of your absurd escapades, I’ll dispatch you.”

 

She snorted. “You can’t even touch a fly.”

 

That’s right.

 

Seulgi pouted in a cretinous way and peeked at the woman beside her in the corner of her eyes before Hyejin smiled in triumph. 

 

They argued for a few good seconds before Seulgi eventually gave up and just decided to go. What is the point of rejecting if she does not have any food at all, right?

 

While they were picking whatever their eyes land on, let me tell you how Seulgi had met Hyejin.

 

She met her about a year ago when she was still the rookie secretary of Irene-ssi. It was some event, filled with rich people and other ranked old men. Turned out, Hyejin was one of the organizers—she is a director that involves modeling and fashion. Both have shared a few drinks and Seulgi perceived that she knew Byulyi. Crazy right? Hyejin said they were friends, and it was true. They went into the middle school together and graduated together, but got separated when they reached their college days.

 

Only to be reunited when Byulyi finished her studies to become a producer—she became our friend since then.

 

“Which is better?” She showed Seulgi two identical cabbages.

 

“It’s the same.”

 

Hyejin examined it. “No, it’s not. You’re blind.”

 

Seulgi tittered. “Sure, Ejin.”

 

The former then put the other one back and continued to look for whatever she wants to look. “Oh, you don’t like vegetables, right?”

 

“No.”

 

She snickered. “Might as well change that.”

 

A second later, she picked as many vegetables as she can while Seulgi's eyes widened in panic.

 

“Ejin, what the hell are you doing?” The monolid woman hissed. Well, there are people around them and everyone is looking at her. The last thing Seulgi wants is to be involved in an ignominy.

 

Knowing Hyejin, she is indeed shameless. Whatever the is happening right now, she does not give any attention nor heed about it.

 

The latter smirked. “What?”

 

Seulgi apologetically smiled at the crowd and bowed. “Hyejin, stop that right now.” She gritted while faking in the crush.

 

Seulgi then looked at the grocery cart and was shocked to see it full of vegetables—mountains and mountains of vegetables.

 

No greens! I hate greens!

 

“What is that?” Seulgi asked in horror. “Are you planning on selling it on e-bay?”

 

She stared at the latter, bemused. “E-bay doesn’t have that .”

 

Seulgi became nonplussed and sensing her muteness, Hyejin frowned deeply. “That’s sarcasm, right?” She asked again.

 

“Huh?” Seulgi vacuously remarked. “What is?”

 

She became mum and unresponsive then stopping herself from getting more greens. “Are you saying, you thought e-bay sells veggies?”

 

“Don’t they?” The monolid woman cluelessly said. They sell veggies, right?

 

She muddles while staring at me in an empty way. “I’m so done with you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seoul,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter