The Proposal

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seoul, South Korea - Between Seocho-gu and Gangnam-gu - November 20 - 6:20 am  Day 10.

 

Monday.

 

Again, Irene hates Mondays.

 

So they already know how ed up she is, correct? Her  dad just decided to tag her along on his nonsense and what is she exactly feeling?

 

I’m overwhelmed.

 

Overwhelmed in a very bad way. How come it went to this point? Irene has no idea—zero—nothing and empty inside her gorgeous brain.  

 

What was worse is that the raven dragged her innocent secretary with her! Before someone can get mad and curse her to hell, just let her say that she is somehow sincerely sorry, but she just had to do it right then. 

 

Irene is currently inside her car (which is a Bentley Flying Spurs) and already on her way to work.

 

Four days without addressing the issue, Seulgi became a ghost within that four days! She did not go to work last Friday, and goddamn it, she did not even contact at least one employee or just an excuse letter why she did not go to work. Irene already had a clue of what she was thinking since she may be mad at the raven—well, she have the right to at many ways, but Irene just does not have time for that at their present situation. 

 

The raven has a very big problem and she remembered what her dad had told her last Saturday and it was now eating up the rest of her sanity: 

 

“Our relatives should not know about this.”

 

He said they will go to Daegu for a little recognition, which means, it was about the proposal itself. 

 

Just by then, her family is a bit odd—they are very much different and difficult from the ordinary and when she had already said that they are a kin, an enormous one, which is a hundred percent true.

 

They were originally from Daegu and to say the Baes exactly means they own all of Daegu. It will be a crazy thing to think but that is just it. 

 

Irene planned on going after for her secretary since there is no way she will get out of this without the ravn. Then, the latter might as well portray the devil they labeled her to be. 

 

Minutes later, just as when Irene was halfway through Seocho-gu, she saw a very familiar frame walking out of the subway entrance.

 

Fate, huh.

 

The raven hesitated whether to do it right now and what she meant by that, she might never get the chance to ask her any time around, so Irene bit her lower lip and just decided to just make her lift pull over right then. 

 

She breathed and looked at the rear view mirror. “Stop right there.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Seulgi!”

 

The former looked at her boss surprisingly before completely ignoring her and began speeding her pace.

 

“Seulgi.” Irene called one more time.

 

“What do you want?” Her secretary said in gritted teeth without even sparring a glance.  

 

The raven sighed. “We need to talk.”

 

The latter's ride was just next to the pathway that Seulgi was walking on, matching her speed, while her window was fully died down.

 

How do I get to say this?

 

“Talk?” She finally glanced at Irene and fastened her pace once more. “Nuh-uh.”

 

“Seulgi.” her cold voice aired the area while the crowd was already looking at them in a weird way. 

 

Who would not stare at this situation, right? Irene Bae is ing chasing someone, and that rarely– no, that never ever happened before!

 

“Why were you absent last Friday?”

 

She abruptly stopped. “That’s what you’re concerning? My absence? What else do you think is the reason?”

 

Irene became mum since she was taken aback at the outburst, resulting her to just stare at Seulgi in a blank manner—the latter never answered to her in this way once. 

 

“This is madness. If I knew this would come on point, I shouldn’t have helped you in the first place.”

 

Seulgi carried on with her walking while Irene was absolutely dumbfounded at the statement. Well, she has every right to say that, yet it was just still uncommon for the monolid to utter those words. 

 

My god, Joohyun.

 

The former closed her eyes and breathed deeply, then signaled her driver to continue their slow pace. 

 

“Seulgi!” Irene shouted once more while the passersby were watching them. “Can you just listen to me, for once!”

 

Her secretary snapped her neck back and tried to glare at the raven, yet still kept on walking away. “I always listen to you. Look how bad we got!”

 

Why is she so difficultI!

 

Irene ordered her driver to overlap Seulgi and once it was done, the raven swiftly opened her door and got out. Finally, when the monolid woman saw her boss meters away from her, she halted her steps and remained vaguely frozen. 

 

“We. Need. To. Talk.”

 

Seulgi did not greet the threat, instead she became unresponsive and expressionless. “No.”

 

What do you mean by 'no'?

 

She walked pass her boss just like that, and why is she being like this? Irene balled her fists in frustration and she has at least one thing in mind:

 

Kang Seulgi is definitely limited.

 

“Seulgi!” Yet still followed her. “Seulgi, wait!”

 

“Just go away!”

 

What do you mean by ‘go away’?

 

Irene audibly groaned then decided to just grab her arm, but the moment she did, Seulgi was instantly startled and immediately took her arm back with a look of panic. 

 

The raven frowned. What was that?

 

The monolid woman became quiet for a second before contemplating whether to carry on or what. Eventually, she proceeded walking but it was faster than a while ago.

 

Irene has no any other option than to catch up once again while her car was just beside the sidewalk, tailing them in a slow pace that matches theirs. 

 

“Seulgi–” Irene started jogging, “–Seulgi, can you slow down?”

 

The latter stopped but did not dare to look back. Because of that, Irene took that chance to be in front of her secretary—this whole game of theirs is definitely tiring. 

 

“Come on, Seulgi.”

 

Did I just beg?

 

Seulgi wandered her eyes around for a second and noticed that the passersby were stealing glances at them. Well then, Irene prayed for a different scenario or anything but this. 

 

“Alright.” Her secretary finally said. “If I get to drink this–” she showed her a water bottle, “–without finishing your talk. We’re done.”

 

She opened the cap and started chugging it. “Look, what happened was unintenti—”

 

Seulgi already finished the bottle and waved it in front of the raven's face. “See? Finished. We’re done.”

 

Did she just chug that in three seconds?

 

When she was about to go yet Irene blocked her from doing so and both of them started to play a little game.

 

Seulgi slightly rolled her eyes and decided to just give up after so many attempts of escaping. “What do you want?”

 

“I want you to help me.”

 

“I did help you.”

 

Irene groaned. “Seulgi, you can’t say no either. You are already part of this.”

 

“First of all, I’m not until you dragged me in. Second of all, I’m not doing it.”

 

Can you just… urgh!

 

“I never pleased from other people.” Irene uttered. 

 

“Guess I’m special then?” Seulgi raised a brow. “Or maybe not since you just need my help.”

 

The raven sighed loudly and just dropped down her guard for once. “Please.”

 

Seulgi stared at her quietly without any mien implanted on her face. This was so much out of context, this is just definitely not Irene Bae to start with—this is not something she would do at all. 

 

The latter mentally facepalmed since everything is rigged up and in mess. Why does this have to happen? It was so too frisky and Irene was so damn sure that she was startinh to lose all her cool and composure. 

 

Seulgi wandered her eyes around for a while before bringing back her attention to her boss. “What is it for me?”

 

“Anything.”

 

The monolid woman then hummed before averting her focus towards the car on her left. “Is there somebody there besides your driver?”

 

“No one.”

 

She nodded. “I see.”

 

What are you up to?

 

“I need you to become my fiancée.” Irene interrupted her deep thinking.

 

“I know that.”

 

“That is why—”

 

“Go on.” She gestured the ground.

 

“Pardon?”

 

Seulgi did not repeat what she just said but she repeated the gesture, crossed her arms and waited, while Irene snickered while shaking her head because she finally got what she meant.

 

“Do you want to get fired?”

 

“You can’t, you need me.”

 

Did she just…?

 

The raven scoffed and looked around, and still, some passersby were watching—basically enjoying the ignominy created on the pathway of Seocho-gu. What a nice scene to watch, is that right?

 

“You’ll regret this.” Irene said while faking a smile, yet Seulgi returned what was given. 

 

The raven then her lips and fished out the ring that she had brought yesterday—she already anticipated that this affair will take place so she did prepare herself for it, no matter how humiliating it is. 

 

After a second, Irene hesitated whether to do it, but since she decided to just do it here before she even called her secretary on the sidewalk. It is better to just not waste any time since it is truly valuable. 

 

I can’t believe I’m doing this. 

 

Irene sighed annoyingly before bending both of her knees since she was wearing a tight dress, and it was no other than a Burberry dress, yet now it was on the ground—her thousand dollar clothe is on the ground—can somebody believe that? Since she was wearing heels, she just cannot describe how she struggled to pull this off; the crowd was watching, and perhaps they were already thinking about how much dumb human being she is. Well, a woman kneeling difficulty or rather forcibly, add the fact that her name is Irene Bae itself. 

 

“You are dead.” The latter uttered while looking up to Seulgi, who was ignoring the tattles of the throng.

 

Yet her secretary just smiled once again and waited for her boss to continue; too much embarrassment to the raven's face.

 

Some were just passing by, witnessing this scenario presently unfolding; :some were just glancing yet still paying attention; but none really stayed to watch this scene as a whole, and that was great, since they were just passersby with canards to expose.

 

Keep calm, Bae.

 

Irene opened the small blue box that she had bought, and it revealed a perfect engagement ring: Blue Diamond by Bvlgari. Well, it indeed costed the raven a lot since it was practically a popular brand, yet it was nowhere considered as a financial problem. 

 

“Kang Seulgi, will you marry me?”

 

As soon as the passersby saw what was happening, they started gasping and decided to take pictures yet as soon as the chaperones noticed it, they snatched their phones away and pocketed it until this whole stage is done.

 

Seulgi looked around then back down to meet Irene's brutal glare since she just made her kneel in front of a wholesome crowd. Irene did not actually feel torment until she had came to the point where she is now currently kneeling; it was such a lost of face. 

 

“Hmm.” The monolid woman hummed before slightly grinning. “Such a wonderful feeling to see you in that position.”

 

Irene chuckled irritatedly. “You are so dead, Kang.”

 

Rather, the latter sighed audibly before straightening her clothes. “It’s a really wonderful offer, CEO-nim–” she leaned forward before patting the raven's head, “–goodbye.”

 

Wai-what?

 

Irene frowned immediately without wasting a second when she realized Seulgi had begun to walk away. Oh, she really did not see that coming at all, and now she was left dumbfounded. 

 

The raven tried to stand but it was useless since she was wearing a tight dress and a pair of heels. It only meand that she would be struggling with difficulties if she tried to stand without any help. Basically, she was indeed outsmarted by her secretary. 

 

Did she just fool me?

 

“Seulgi!” Irene shouted when the monolid woman passed by her shoulder. “I swear to god!”

 

“Have a nice day, CEO-nim.”

 

Once Irene felt that her secretary's presence was certainly not around anymore, the crowd was indeed silent. What should they say? What should they think? They should think that nothing has ever happened at all. Firstly, this is embarrassing and secondly, this is not what the raven anticipated it to be—and she will not accept what happened on this day. 

 

Okay, calm down. Calm down. Calm do—

 

“Urgh!” Irene frustratingly yelled.

 

She closed the lead of the small blue box and clenched it around her dominant hand and thought of will never get over this day. 

 

“What are you still doing there!?” Irene glared at every single one of her chaperones. “Help me here, you goddamn idiot!”

 

I will kill you, Kang Seulgi. Just wait for me, you mother…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seoul, South Korea - Bae Industries - November 20 - 7:20 am

 

That was a nice trap that Seulgi pulled, it was somehow epic since she really had planned that out within minutes. The latter was currently soft copying all her works for today while the other employees were not that busy since it was still early—what they were doing was, of course, chatting or rather gossiping about the affairs again.

 

Sana was with the monolid woman while she does not know where on earth is Rosé. Yet Seulgi still felt relieved today despite not knowing why—she felt somehow lightweight.

 

“So about what I’m saying–” Sana continued, “–every night, I watch K-Dramas. The one I’m currently watching is The World of The Married. I recommend it to you, it’s so good.”

 

“The World of The Married?” Seulgi deadpanned.

 

What a cruel coincidence.

 

“Yes, it’s fantastic! I feel very—”

 

Suddenly…

 

“KANG SEULGI!!!”

 

All of the heads inside this floor snapped to the scary new comer and Seulgi almost chocked on her saliva. The employees showed horror on their faces before averting their attention to the said secretary, then they started to disperse and leave her behind, including her friend Sana.

 

“Sana!” Seulgi half yelled yet her friend was being irresponsive. “Sana! Sana! Sana, you bitc—”

 

“KANG!” Her boss yelled for her name once again.

 

Oh . I didn’t think that through. , you’re such an idiot!

 

“I told you, you will die for that!” Irene still kept on walking towards the monolid woman while the other employees were nowhere near in sight at the moment, and Seulgi remained unmoving with a heart beating fast due to nervousness.

 

you, Sana. She then mentally cursed her to hell.

 

“Oh h-hey, CEO-nim.” Seulgi acted innocently despite she was already killing herself inside. “What can I do for you today?”

 

“Don’t bull me.” The raven said in a tone that would send everyone to heaven—or hell. 

 

Death is calling, isn’t it?

 

“You really did pull your machination on me.” She continued. “How dare you?”

 

Seulgi looked around before contemplating what to say. “I just—”

 

“Did you just leave me there in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter