Bride for Rent

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

// Here's chapter two! Btw, I changed some names for some personas so... yeah. 


Enjoy! 

//

      Soul, South Korea - Bae Industries - November 10 - 8:30 am 

 

Well, guessing you already knew her. She is Irene Bae, CEO of The Bae Industries, one of the biggest company in Asia involving technology, such as robotics and applied science. 

 

She graduated overseas, MIT (Massachusetts's Institute of Technology) to be specific. She had studied a four-year course for Mechanical then studied again for Robotics, and gained her deploma with a degree of Mechanical Engineering, and Bachelor of Science in Robotics Engineering, a Magna  Laude graduate. 

 

It was an arduous trek just for her to take just to be here; all she did for the whole years of her existence was to study, and look how far she got. 

 

Moving on. Her family, which are the Baes, is a high-class ranked kin in South Korea. Her father, Bae Seojoon, is a business man. All of the Bae properties are registered to The Bae House, their main enterprise. The Bae House is a syndicated business, wherein it is a cooperative merchandise made by partnership but to be emphatic, their whole kin, starting from the beginning, built it all. 

 

Regardless, she had built an empire for herself. If you are indeed wondering, is The Bae Industires included in The Bae House? Well, yes, but she owned it—whether in the papers or inside the news.

 

They know Irene Bae. 

 

 

 

Once the elevator closed, Irene massaged her temple and let out a small curse before sighing deeply. She then fished out her phone to contact her driver that she was on her way down. It took about two minutes before her personal lift reached the ground floor. 

 

And as expected, once they saw her frame when the doors opened, the employees around the area clambered and fled away as soon as possible. She remained stoic as her heels clanked on the marble floor. 

 

Irene continued walking while everyone around her dispersed and moved aside in a nimble manner. 

 

Touché. 

 

She did not even pay attention to anyone until she saw two people conversing like it was a normal thing to do when working hours. 

 

Chit-Chatting in work is a big no for her; she considers it irresponsible and imprudent. There is no way an employee of hers will just tattle while she pays them constantly—working hours is working hours. 

 

Irene eyed them in a cold manner while her right brow was already raised. The other employee saw her and widened her eyes, while the other was confused since he has his back turned from his boss, yet he kept on blabbing. 

 

"So, what I told you about..." he trailed. 

 

The girl he was talking to was now shaking her head continuously while enlarging her eyes in a manner not to continue what he is about to say. Still, he did not get the message. 

 

"... I'm so done with work. CEO-nim is very heedless! I mean, it wouldn't hurt to mind, right? But you know what, I'm so out. I can't stand her anymore." He said while deeply sighing. 

 

Irene rolled her eyes and let out a cough. The gossiper turned around and his face shows shock, panic, and dread all at once. The others continued on doing what they are supposed and tasked to, yet of course they pretended not to listen but in reality, their ears were all attentive. 

 

Whoever this employee is, he got big balls to talk behind my back. 

 

He remained petrified and unmoving. Irene looked at him in a very cold demeanor with glaring eyes and did a little staring contest, causing his pupils to start shaking and it did not bother her to the extent. 

 

Pity. 

 

"Name." Irene coldly said. 

 

He opened and closed his mouth, yet no words dared to come out. The employees around peeked in the corner of their eyes and definitely that their ears are surely tentative at this moment. 

 

"Don't make me say it again." She said in a much, much colder tone. 

 

"Uh..." he gulped. "... I-I, Woo-woo..." 

 

Irene raised a brow in impatience. "Woo what?" 

 

He gulped once again. "Woo-woo... I-It's W-woojin." 

 

"Okay, Woojin. Thank you for your service." She vaguely smiled. "You're fired." 

 

Irene carried on with her owm way while rolling her eyes before putting on her Prada sunglasses. The employees remained doing their works and jobs while that Woojin guy was left in stupor state. 

 

Good for him. 

 

Once she reached the lobby, her bodyguards started to swarm around her immediately. Irene does not feel at ease whenever she is being aded but safety really comes first. 

 

When the guard, whoever his name is as he was stationed at the entrance, opened the door for her. Three white cars (two SUV's and a Sedan), brandly named as Rolls Royce were parked in front of her building just below the enormous stairs. 

 

They opened the middle car for her and all her chaperones went to their respective cars, whichever they suit them the most. 

 

Irene got to seat down inside and the car started its motion. She pushed a botton on her side just between the seats and a barrier or divider started to roll up in the midle of the front seats and the back. 

 

Some privacy would be great. 

 

She then took out her phone and checked for emails or anything, and to her dismay, there is one: 

 

Heechul

Where the hell is your ? We've been waiting here for god knows how long. 

 

Irene rolled her eyes at the certain profanity and started typing. 

 

Irene 

I'm on my way. 

 

The latter turned her phone off and silenced it. She does not want someone to bug her right at this moment. Irene sighed deeply and closed her eyes for a brief minute before she eventually fell into slumber.

 

 

 

      Seoul, South Korea - Bae Industries - November 10 - 9:45 am 

 

Seulgi was inside in her office when there are particular paperworks that are needed to be soft copied. She sighed and went for the door, and what she had seen outside is not what she has been expecting. 

 

People were gossiping around. It feels like she was at some public market and  like that. 

 

What the is going on? 

 

Seulgi immediately went to continue her errand and started to place the papers on the machine. When she was in the middle of organizing the stuffs, she heard a very unpleasant news. 

 

"Poor Woojin. He should've not just talked." The employee said. 

 

"Yeah, but I was there! And let me tell you–" the other one uttered, "–it was daunting. Woojin was nearly crying." 

 

Seulgi furrowed her brows in confusion then peeked at the employees conversing and pinched the bridge of her nose in response.

 

What happened to that Woojin guy?

 

"I know! Too bad, I wasn't there to witness it." 

 

Yentas, they got no better things to do. 

 

She was nearly done soft copying when Sana and her friend (which is Seulgi's friend too somehow), Rosé, came to me. 

 

"Such a terrible day..." Sana whispered under her breath. 

 

Seulgi frowned. "Why? What happened?" 

 

She looked at me with a deadpanned look. "Are you kidding? The whole building knows about it. Are you sleeping on logs?" 

 

The secretary gathered all the papers and stacked them neatly. "Uh, no." She shook my head right next. "What's the small deal anyway?" 

 

Sana looked at me with a sarcastic face. "Small deal?" She turned to Rosé and pointed at me. "Do you believe this fella?" 

 

Rosé chuckled and shook her head and Seulgi mentally cursed as she took a deep breath.

 

"Is it about that Woojin guy, whoever he is?" I asked. 

 

"Finally!" Sana exaggerated. "You guessed it." 

 

"Is it a big deal?" 

 

Rosé shrugged. "Uh, I don't know, but everyone's been talking about it." 

 

Seulgi scrunched her nose. "What happened?" 

 

"He got fired. What a shame." Sana crossed her arms. 

 

"Fired?" Seulgi's eyes widened. "What for?" 

 

"The others said CEO-nim caught him red handed." Rosé stated. "She even fired him in front of the mass!" 

 

Oh boy. What a shame, indeed. 

 

"What a crude situation." Seulgi ommented leisurely. "Anyway, got to go do some works." 

 

"You're overworking yourself." Sana said. "One day, I'll just know you're dead cold inside your coffin." 

 

Seulgi surprisingly glared at her and began to be sarcastic. "What a nice piece of prediction you got there, San!" 

 

She shrugged out of purpose. "I'm just saying." 

 

"We got to go too. We just need to print this." Rosé waved the papers in her hand. 

 

"See 'ya." Seulgi waved and went inside her office after. 

 

She placed the papers and stacked them one-by-one and right after she was done, she checked the time: 10:03 a.m. 

 

Seulgi decided then to sit down on her chair and grab a pen and started creating a draft for an upcoming report until next week. 

 

What a busy life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seoul, South Korea - Unknown - November 10 - 10:05 am 

 

When the car stopped, Irene snapped out of her reverie and instantly peered through her window. They have arrived on the place as she pushed the button in between and the barrier that once seperated the seats went down. 

 

A male chaperone opened her door and she hopped out of her car. If you are wondering where she is, she was in the Bae's Residence here in Seoul. 

 

Just to clarify, she does not live here at all, maybe lived here once but when she started to gain money on her own, she moved out and lived in Gangnam. 

 

The butlers opened the big oak doors for her and she placed a foot inside of what she called home before. 

 

"Miss Bae, please follow me." The head butler, Seonmin said. 

 

Irene followed him and was led to the dining room and to tell the scenery, it was damn fancy. She was greeted by her family since Irene is the third eldest child, and there are five of them: Heechul as the eldest, right away is Jiyong, then herself, then Seokjin, and of course, Suzy. 

 

"Joohyun." Seojoon greeted before checked his digital watch and said, "nearly thirty minutes late." 

 

So you know now where I inherited that trait. 

 

"Apologies, traffic was bad." 

 

If you are wondering where is her mom, well, her father and mother got divorced right after Suzy was born. Traggic right? But anyway, Irene had already moved on to that. 

 

"Anyways, sit down." He ordered. 

 

Bae Seojoon is a powerful man, just like their grandfather and great ancestors. He does not follow, he orders, and when Irene describes him in one word—the word that always comes out of her mind was that, he is indeed very possessive—a good manipulator. 

 

Irene sat down and relaxed for a bit, before Heechul started to bomb her with nonsensical questions. 

 

"How are you?" He asked. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter