Hallelujah, My

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They heard footsteps approaching their spot and the group was suddenly aware of the noise. They all looked at each other before the panic started to creep at their one member’s face. Well, they are behind the old building of their school and this place is basically untraveled by the other students so no one would notice what things take place in here. It is around four in the afternoon just as their dismissal has already passed and half of the students have left the premises at this time around.

 

The footsteps continued to ring in their ears and they decided to stop this for now. All have stared down at the person lying on the ground who received their beatings and hard kicks. The group spitted at the lying student before they skedaddled away in fear of getting caught.

 

“We’ll come back for you, Kang!” One of the boys yelled before they vamoosed out of the scene.

 

Yes, you read that right.

 

The monolid woman forced herself to stand halfway as she spitted droplets of blood caused by her bruised lower lip. This is not new to her since almost everyday she get picked on by the jocks and other students who were out of her league—not exactly. Since her mind is a precious gem, no one can keep up from her intellect that people started to exchange it with harshness. Of course, it went like this but since her mother passed, it feels like the burden had doubled.

 

The footsteps stopped and the security guard stared at the monolid woman with shock, who is standing up with great difficulties. He widened his eyes and immediately asked what has happened.

 

“Nah, I just fell. You know me, I’m a clumsy person.” She lied.

 

Seulgi was never a great liar but when it comes to these things, she suddenly has the courage to do so. The guard just nodded and she limped away to get out of that place. No one can really understand her that much since they cannot cope with her mind and thinking so she just marked to be a silent one.

 

She also does not want to go home at all, not when there is no reassurance that father is not there. The day her mother was gone, it was like her other half was burnt with sorrow… and guilt as well. Seulgi and her brother were indeed spoiled by her mother but none can tell time; it is unpredictable. She was the one who is an open-minded person, the one who goes by the reality and possibilities since she can fully understand a certain situation.

 

Ulsan is the place where she grew up. In this city, her sins were all painted among the walls. She is just a mere teenager who is totally considered the sanest yet insane at the same time. Sarcastic to say, but that is all Kang Seulgi is. She is notorious within the nameless but inside her school, she is known as a Poindexter.

 

Just after the school hours, she went to the place she invariably goes. She was not surprised that her father was not home these latest days but somehow she was relieved that he did not. His brother just halted his education last month while she—herself—is at the wrong side of the coin. It was not like she wanted it but she had to make choices anyway.

 

Once Seulgi reached the location near an abandoned factory, she dropped her backpack and took out her spray paints out of her other bag. She is a lone artist if one may describe. Not only that but she is also has a lovely voice as well as a great dancer. Her mother once called her ‘my rockstar Seulgi’ when she was around at the age of seven when the monolid woman was discovering her own self.

 

Seulgi was a rare one, an ace in the cards.

 

“Look who decided to show up.” A voice echoed, a shadow of a man’s frame was seen leaning at the wall in the alleyway where Seulgi is presently vandalizing.

 

She did not answer and just whipped her head to focus on what she is doing once again. The man, who is about around her age, came out of the lingering dark spot and approached the student carefully. He is wearing a leather jacket in a pair of leather pants and boots. Seulgi did not mind him because she had a lot of things going on inside her damn head.

 

He noticed her bruised marks and he frowned. “Why do you always let yourself get beaten up? It’s a shame.”

 

“It’ll be a bigger problem if I don’t.”

 

He scoffed. “They’re just a bunch of rich rascals.”

 

“That’s right.” Seulgi looked sideways. “And I guess you already figured out why I don’t wanna cause any trouble.”

 

The monolid woman stopped spraying all of a sudden and put the spray cans back inside her bag. The man observed her before shaking his head. He met Seulgi a year ago where she was strolling in this particular place in Ulsan where trouble is everywhere. He knew how high her IQ is that is why she always uses logical explanations to reason out; also knew how unreadable she is, at once he was mistaken thinking how an open book she can be, but it took him time to find himself wrong.

 

Seulgi’s book was a scribbled one, scrawled in obscurity so none can figure her out at all.

 

When they first did their gig together, he knew that the monolid woman was different than the previous people he came up with. What they do on the streets remained on the streets only.

 

“Hey idiot.” The man called Seulgi who was about to leave.

 

She only turned around without a word and he fished something out of his pocket and reached out to the monolid woman whose face was painted in confusion.

 

Seulgi looked at her palms and saw bills rolled altogether with an elastic bond to secure it. She looked up to meet the eyes of the mysterious man who just looked at her blankly without any sign of mien.

 

“Buy some med kits to clean your wounds. They’re ruining your face.”

 

The monolid woman slightly grinned in gratitude before she gave him a look of penitent. “Thanks Kai. I’ll pay you next time.”

 

“Yeah yeah. Just go and get out of my sight.” He turned around to leave, same goes with the monolid woman.

 

The latter knew about the man’s, Kai, attitude. He is not definitely like that but the Ulsan streets somehow changed him. If Seulgi knew one thing about Kai, he surely cares about people, but he does not really show that side of him.

 

 

Jeju Island – Day 27.

 

“Uhm, no. Put it on the left corner.”

 

Seulgi groaned for the nth time after moving this heavy furniture, which is a couch, around this four walls. Of course, what else could she be doing right at this moment other than Joohyun bossing her around? They just arrived here in Jeju Island about an hour ago and currently now, she is moving a couch with no valid reason to do so! But who is she to defy her boss whom she knew is a big bad ? Of course she is not going to say that out loud since she does not want to be unemployed yet.

 

After moving it the the corner where the raven wanted it to be, Seulgi cursed in lowercase before loosening her grips on the furniture. Joohyun observed it while she was sitting on one of the chairs since she is quite the perfectionist and everyone knows that very well. Her expressions tell most of it and Seulgi does not need to voice it out loud.

 

“I think move it a little bit on the right…?”

 

Seulgi groaned inaudibly. “Are we even allowed to do this?”

 

“Do what?”

 

“Moving hotel furnitures?”

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes. “Honey, I paid for this entire room so I have rights to, got it?”

 

Seulgi was not going to lie but the word ‘honey’ somehow made the butterflies in her stomach to be fully awake. The time is simply around five in the afternoon and there will be a dinner event later when the sun fully goes down.

 

“How about do as I say so that we’ll be over with this, what do you think hmm?” The raven smiled at the blonde.

 

“What choice do I have but to follow?” Seulgi sarcastically mumbled under her breath and proceeded to move the couch to where her boss wants it to be.

 

Once she was done, she scoffed before heaving a tired breath. The couch’s mass was no joke since it was a heavy wood; Seulgi does not have to think that it was expensive as well. The raven was only near satisfied and settled that it was fine enough for her.

 

“That’s more like it.”

 

“Are you okay with this now?” Still, Seulgi asked nicely despite her subsiding annoyance within her core. “Are we done?”

 

“Uh huh.” Joohyun stood up and picked her bag off the table. “Actually… not yet.”

 

Seulgi’s face narrowed then looked at her boss in bafflement, pertaining as if she was thinking about something (which she is). The sun is still on sight and they still have maybe half an hour to kill their time and Joohyun looks bored out of her mind; not to mention that she does not want to be here at all explains the rest.

 

“Can we rest first? Please, just for a while?” Seulgi breathlessly said and was about to take a seat, but Joohyun instantly grabbed her collar.

 

“Nuh uh!” Joohyun pulled the blonde up, who groaned as a response. “Stand up, come on.”

 

Seulgi covertly rolled her eyes and obeyed the raven at the end anyway. Joohyun checked her watch before fixing herself and the monolid woman wonders what is going on inside her head since she is dying to know about it.

 

Joohyun put on her sunglasses in a classy way before smiling up at the blonde. “How do I look?”

 

Seulgi snickered. “Should I be honest?”

 

The raven glared, along with the pause. “You could’ve said a nice thing or anything but that! You should be more supportive.”

 

“Of who?”

 

“Of me! Who else then?”

 

Seulgi was taken aback. Her boss, Irene Bae, wants her to be supportive of her. Irene Bae who does give zero s about everything and the typical woman who did not come to play in front of your eyes. Basically, she knows her boss. The past two years taught her many things about this woman. Well, as far as Seulgi can recall, Irene Bae does not beg for any compliment or whatsoever regarding herself.

 

“Wait, are you serious?”

 

Seems like Joohyun already had enough of this and just brushed the thoughts aside. She then grabbed Seulgi and dragged the latter with her. The raven had many plans in her mind and she does not know where to start, but she guesses the first things first.

 

I only just want you to compliment me… Joohyun thought when Seulgi did not give the right answer to her question a while back.

 

The blonde can be as dense as a rock sometimes.

 

With a frown, Joohyun went out of their shared room and also out of the hotel building while dragging the monolid woman with her. As what was said, they still have time to stroll around and well, Joohyun us bored out of her mind. Seulgi is not going to question her anymore (since Joohyun hates that) and proceeded to just go with the raven’s vibe. Oh, of course Joohyun is not going to let her breath for the meantime even the monolid woman pleads to. The latter knows her boss all too well yet sometimes, she questions these things.

 

Seulgi did not know what else to do and all she knows right now is she is holding tons of paper bags in both of her hands. Pretty crazy right? Yet there is her boss going ahead of her, maybe around three steps or so, looking all fabulous—just like the typical Irene Bae back in Seoul. The blonde is totally familiar with their errand at this very moment since a month ago, she even accompanied her for the last time. Unfortunately, she nearly broke her toes back on that day.

 

“Seulgi.” The raven called her, yet with a slight tone of coldness. Of course, that tone will not go away any time soon since Joohyun is basically like that ever since.

 

God can only hope for a change.

 

The monolid woman hastened her steps until she was beside her boss, who still has her glasses on even she is inside a damn mall, and Seulgi can only close her eyes in haplessness.

 

“Call our ride now.”

 

Thank god, they are done for today. Seulgi heaved a sigh but of course she did it unrecognizable for the raven. Well, somehow she thinks if she is back on her real job—the secretary one—since she is doing what she is supposed to do right now, and she is glad by that. If she is going to be honest, she will definitely choose her secretary title than this fake fiancée she is today.

 

She will rather sit behind a desk and conquer Hell than be with Hell instead!

 

I’ll gladly take that chance, tch. Seulgi shook her head afterwards.

 

“After you call them, wait for me. I’ll just go to the restroom.” Joohyun added.

 

“Want me to come with y—”

 

“No need.”

 

She did not even wait for Seulgi to even flinch or whatsoever as she went along with her way, leaving the taller woman behind. Good god, Seulgi had a LOT of patience back when she was a secretary but now, she indeed doubts that.

 

“What a .” Seulgi mumbled before dialing a number.

 

She called the ride right then. Oh, and she forgot to mention! Whenever Joohyun goes to the restroom, she will definitely take about ten thousand years before she goes out. What the hell is she even doing inside? That is why that is the only place where she does not want anyone to accompany her.

 

Now that she is standing here like an idiot, holding these paper bags and looking entirely lost. Joohyun did not mention is she should move or what and her boss is obviously taking her time in the restroom, for god’s sake! Is peeing that hard? Or maybe she pees like a fountain, that is why. But anyway, Seulgi’s legs are getting tired and she still wants to be the patient one.

 

Seulgi sensed someone approaching her from behind and immediately guessed it was Joohyun so she turned around within a second.

 

“What took you—”she stopped midway, as she realized it was not the person she is waiting for.

 

“Hello, it’s been a while.”

 

Seulgi’s expressions changed. She became like an unreadable doll as she stared at the man blankly. Her eyes suddenly became a piercing yet she did not feel threatened at all. Maybe alarmed, but not threatened.

 

“How are you?” He asked. Sensing no response, he chuckled. “Look, I’m not here to bother and definitely not to plague you.”

 

“Then what are you doing here?” Seulgi asked with a tone oh-so very different from her usual ones.

 

“I’m buying some things.”

 

Of course, she did not believe him at all. There is no way in hell she would—not a chance.

 

“Fine, you got me there.” He scratched his nape.

 

“Leave now before she sees you.”

 

“Who? Irene?” He raised a brow. “I didn’t come for her, I came for you.”

 

The blonde clenched her jaws in anticipation, yet she still remained silent. He expected Seulgi to act this way since the first time he met her, she was so far from her typical behavior. Perhaps she is a totally secretive person.

 

“I’m just going to remind you about—”

 

“I know.” Seulgi cut him off. “I know, Jackson.”

 

He nodded. “I’m just going to say be careful.”

 

Seulgi scoffed. “Of what? You? Your manipulative father? Go yourselves.”

 

Jackson did not argue anymore and just grinned. “I’m just saying. I hope you get that inside your senses.”

 

Seulgi frowned as he watched the young lad leave. When he disappeared on the corner, she shook her head. She is surely going to be crazy in no time. How can be a problem that is big began to get bigger? What a life she is living and Seulgi can only pray she can handle more bulls than before.

 

“What’s with the frown?”

 

She snapped her neck where the voice was and saw Joohyun wiping her hands with a tissue. Seulgi erased her frown immediately to avoid any suspicions, in which the raven already saw.

 

“Did you get tired waiting for me?”

 

“Tch, n-not really. Everything’s good.”

 

“Ah.” The raven nodded in understanding. “I actually have something to tell but maybe later.”

 

“Hmm? Why not now?”

 

“Because, Kang.” The raven pointed at Seulgi’s ringing phone. “Our ride is here.”

 

Seulgi instantly picked up the call. After all that, she pocketed it again. “They’re in entrance two.”

 

“Yeah right. You okay? You didn’t even notice your phone was ringing in your hand, what a dummy.”

 

The blonde giggled at her silliness. “Sorry for that.”

 

“Whatever.”

 

Joohyun increased her pace and went ahead. Meanwhile, Seulgi was tailing her two steps from behind and her frown was nowhere painted in her face anymore. Well, there is always something about sassy-Joohyun and the blonde cannot actually determine it.

 

But one thing is for sure, it was quite entertaining to witness.

 

 

Time flies so fast and they are back in their hotel room and now, the pair are quite busy with themselves yet holding the same reason. Well, of course a while back, they quite had another session of argy-bargy bickering about a very small issue for Seulgi… but definitely not for Joohyun. In which the raven wanted Seulgi to get out the bedroom for her to prepare since they are in the same hotel room, causing Joohyun to kick Seulgi out of the bedroom forcibly.

 

Seulgi can only roll her eyes at the bossy trait of the smaller woman, as if she was not even used to it.

 

Now that the blonde is changing in the living room while the other woman was inside the said bedroom. There was a restroom in there, jesus christ! Seulgi can only sweat that Joohyun is indeed a nitpicking woman.

 

Seulgi is wearing a white button-up shirt with a pair of white silk trousers. With this outfit, she can go to heaven now and wish for the almighty to accept her there. Her clothes look fine since she is bringing the days where she dresses in high standard.

 

Meanwhile, Joohyun is inside the room panicking. She groaned in frustration and the timing was really so off. The universe was really not with her side ever since the day she was born and she does not know if she should thank it or curse it. The raven looked at herself in the mirror and contemplating whether to punch it now.

 

“.” Joohyun cursed.

 

Well, her one and only problem for now is her dress. Since this black dress has zippers at the back, and due to her small arms (thank the gods for that), she cannot reach it. How great the world is? Joohyun just had to cuss it within its depths.

 

“Goddamn it.”

 

There is only one option for now but of course she will not do it. Her pride is nowhere near that level—low level, she should say. So all she can do right now is struggle the out of this situation.

 

Seulgi had been sitting on the couch and maybe she had received three calls within ten minutes. For christ’s sake, what is Joohyun doing in there? The blonde furrowed her brows upon staring at the door, boring holes in it.

 

“What’s taking her so long?” She asked to herself.

 

What is taking her so long indeed. If the description inside the bedroom was vivid, then it would be chaotically doltish. More on like Joohyun being a complete idiot. She is currently struggling to zip the dress and since it is almost impossible to do so without any help, she is looking like a moronic person.

 

“Come on, just team up with me!” She hissed. “Curse this dress!”

 

Seulgi had been hearing hazy sounds coming from the bedroom so she decided to check the raven out, and since they had been calling her nonstop because Joohyun was not answering her phone (curse her for that).

 

The monolid woman knocked on the door. “Are you—”

 

“DON’T YOU DARE COME IN!”

 

Seulgi was taken aback with the sudden harsh response from her boss. “How will I if it’s locked? Anyway, are you good?”

 

“YES, NOW GET AWAY FROM THE DOOR!”  

 

“Okay… whatever you say.” Seulgi unsurely backed away from the door. Sometimes she cannot understand Joohyu—like literally.

 

Joohyun had enough of this. She cannot believe that she will do what she is about to do. As a repayment for this, the universe shall grant her peace for the successful days due to this hell that she is experiencing. Damn, she cannot really get a break, can she?

 

“W-WAIT! DON’T ACTUALLY DO THAT!”

 

Seulgi stopped midway to look weirdly at the door. “What?”

 

She heard Joohyun groan. “COME HERE!”

 

“It’s locked.”

 

The blonde heard footsteps coming towards the door and she prepared her self for anything. Once she sensed the raven was on the other side, she was confused why Joohyun was not opening the door yet.

 

“Is there—”

 

“YAH!”

 

Seulgi almost jumped out hearing that sudden increase of pitch. What the hell is Joohyun’s problem really? She is sure she will age early because of the raven’s antics.

 

“Will she stop cutting me off?” She mumbled to herself before regaining herself. “What’s with your shouting?”

 

“GET SOMETHING TO COVER YOUR EYES!”

 

Seulgi frowned in confusion. Now why would she do that? And anyway, what is the raven’s deal at all? Noticing that her phone was ringing on the table once again, she decided to pick it up first.

 

“Wait a second.” Seulgi backed away from the door and picked the call up, it was Hyunjin.

 

Meanwhile, Joohyun was listening on the other side and she can hear Seulgi talking loud and clear. With her arms supporting the dress attached to her body, she pouted while eavesdropping on the other side. She heard the blonde saying ‘sorry’ and the call was dropped.

 

“Boss, get your in here right now. I’m not gonna say it twice and I feel like my contact log is gonna be lagging with all these missed calls.” Seulgi said in an authoritative voice.

 

Well, that tone was kind of hot but Joohyun is not going to admit it at all. The real question is, how can she if she is not yet fully dressed? Joohyun can only groan for the nth time this evening.

 

“DIDN’T YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID? DO I HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF?” Joohyun shouted from the other side.

 

Seulgi scrunched her face. “Now why the damn should I cover my eyes…?”

 

“KANG!”

 

“Juseyo, please give me patience…” Seulgi went to get her silk tie on the couch before marching towards the door.

 

Joohyun had been listening on the other side and hearing the footsteps approaching, she bit her tongue in the process. She just cannot believe that she is unable to zip this ing dress and if she knew this would happen, she should not have bought this with her.

 

“Hey, what will I—”

 

“COVER YOUR EYES!”

 

“… do with this. Anyway, sure.” Seulgi blindfolded her eyes.

 

Whatever the hell Joohyun is doing and if she is just fooling the out of the blonde, well god help Seulgi to be kind always. Joohyun slowly unlocked the door and went meters away. She really does not know if this is a good idea to start with.

 

Seulgi twisted the knob hesitantly, probably thinking Joohyun will hit her with something and dispose her somewhere, yet she still continued with whatever the hell this is. Seeing nothing, she walked inside the room while the raven was observing her.

 

“Fine, what is this now? You can tell me.” Seulgi crashed into many things, causing some to fall from the ground.

 

In all honesty, Irene Bae is getting to Kang Seulgi’s nerves.

 

Just because you’re my boss, you can really do this to me. The monolid woman thought.

 

“Uhm…” Joohyun threw a pillow at Seulgi’s frame.

 

“What the—”

 

“Yah! Stay there.”

 

“Okay…? What now?”

 

The raven bit her lower lip, hesitating whether to say it. Well, she has done the most part so why would she back out now… right?

 

“C-can you zip my dress…?”

 

Seulgi did not respond and Joohyun thought it became a very bad idea now because of the lacking. The blonde did not seem to stiffen about what Joohyun said, rather she somehow relaxed.

 

“You did all these props just for you to tell me that?”

 

Joohyun shrugged but of course, Seulgi will not see it since her eyes are still blindfolded.

 

All of a sudden, Seulgi’s phone rang in the living room. Of course, they are positively going to ask what is taking them so long or why are they late. Yet, Seulgi did not mind to answer it for now as she averted her attention back to the smaller woman.

 

Seulgi was about to take off her blindfold but Joohyun threw her a heel and she groaned as a response.

 

“YAH!” Joohyun picked up the other pair of heel and readied herself if ever she will throw another one again. “What are you doing?!”

 

“Goddamn it. That hurt.”

 

“Put it back!” She was about to throw another one then.

 

“We’re late and that’s you’re concerned about?” Seulgi removed her blindfold and Joohyun instantly covered herself, as if she was indeed fully .

 

“Kang Seulgi!”

 

Seulgi widened her eyes upon what she saw right away. Well, she did not know that the dress was kind of… revealing. Yet anyway, she pushed that thought aside. If Joohyun can read her mind right now, she will be obviously dead the next very second.

 

“W-why are y-you even wearing t-those kind of dresses!” Seulgi defended and tried to avert her eyes anywhere but Joohyun.

 

“I told you to put it back! I swear to god I’ll—”

 

The blonde’s phone rang again at the living room. Out of instinct, Seulgi looked at her boss in any way except leering gazes. That made the raven loosen up a bit just slightly. Checking the time, they will surely miss whatever the hell is going on down the hall right now and Seulgi really wants to eat right now… of course, she would be eating the food, duh.

 

The latter took a step and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter