A Coin For A Change

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Sorry, took me long enough since classes are killing me. btw, this one will be just short
since it's rush. but, just so you know i'll try to update more often:) Daegu, South Korea - Bae Manor - November 27 - 11:30 am - Seulgi Day 17.

 

This is the worst mistake I have ever done in my entire life.

 

There is never a day I questioned my decision. Why did I accept this? Am I too nice? Because if that’s the case, then is it wrong?

 

“I can’t believe you.” My brother says as he stood beside me in the garden.

 

“Me neither.”

 

He looks at me with a face of refusal. “I thought you hate your boss?”

 

“Hate is a strong word.”

 

He scoffs. “You know what I mean.”

 

“I do.”

 

“Then?”

 

I look at him in confusion. “Then what?”

 

“Then, why did you accept it?”

 

I shrug along. “I got no other option.”

 

He snickers while shaking his head. “It’s about the pay, isn’t it?”

 

“Of course, it’s about the pay. What do you want me to do?”

 

“I told you, you shouldn’t do things like this. I told you that it’s fine. I told you that.”

 

“No, it’s not fine. I didn’t go home for two years, Wonwoo. You know we’re not near fine.”

 

“You could get in trouble with this, unnie. I’m warning you, back out already. We don’t know this family or even your boss.”

 

I heave a sigh. He’s right, no doubt about that. “I’ll think of a way. For now, all you have to do is trust me.”

 

He nods his head several times. “Do you even know the reason why you’re being asked a favor?”

 

No.

 

I remained silent and eventually, he got his answer. It’s been four days since that party. I don’t know what’s going on with Irene’s mind and I don’t even know her plans either. All I know, she goes out of the house everyday without telling where she’s going.

 

“We’re going back home tomorrow.” Wonwoo says. “You have asked me to come and lend you a hand, but knowing this is out of your control, I don’t know what to feel nor say.”

 

I didn’t reply since he was right. My brother isn’t some stupid human being, he knows what he’s saying. I, too, also know that it would be better if they are not near this mess.

 

“I already warned you. Stay out of this already. It’s better if you resign and just go back home. We need you more than you need us, and don’t even dare to deny it.”

 

And there, my brother left me standing alone in the garden. His words rang continuously inside my head: we need you more than you need us…

 

I thought my reason was already valid. I’m doing this because Irene needs my help, but why am I appearing to be in the wrong position?

 

Deep in my reverie, I didn’t notice someone came.

 

“What are you thinking?”

 

I instantly snapped out and looked at the new comer. “Oh, hey. I didn’t see you there.”

 

“It’s okay.” Tzuyu laughs softly. “I didn’t have enough time to know who captured my cousin’s interest last night. So, what are you thinking?”

 

“It’s nothing big.”

 

“You seem to be in deep thought. Is it because the house is full of people now? You’re not used to see a throng, are you?” She smirks.

 

I click my tongue. “To be honest, yeah. I’m not used to this kind of stuff.”

 

“Not expecting those words coming from the mouth of the darling of Singapore.”

 

I laughed awkwardly. Feeling guilty about this is also one thing I feel every single time. They seem so nice to be lied at. Too nice, perhaps.

 

“Don’t say that.” I grinned.

 

“Going humble, huh?” She jokes. “Anyway, your siblings are enjoyable to be with. I’m jealous you get to laugh with them throughout your life.”

 

“Why? Don’t you get foolish around your family?”

 

“Nah.” Tzuyu shrugs. “We’re too serious to do that.”

 

Oh.

 

I bit my tongue. “So, it’s good to have them here, no?”

 

“Absolutely!” Tzuyu smiles wholeheartedly. “They are all funny, and I bet you are too. You just need to loosen up a bit, you know.”

 

“I’ll try.”

 

Somehow…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daegu, South Korea - Namgu - November 27 - 12 noon - Irene

 

One thing about me is that, I’ll never get tired when it comes to work. I’m a workaholic person, it’s my priority over other things. Now that I’m away from Seoul, why am I receiving urgent calls from my work?!

 

Goddamn it, to be honest, I’m so pissed.

 

“Do not dare me to go back there and have all your heads on plates!” I shouted through the phone. Losing my temper is becoming a habit of mine now.

 

“But Mi—”

 

“I don’t ing care about your excuses! Get it done or else I’ll have you fired by midnight!”

 

I threw my phone on my side.

 

The driver never looked at me on the rear view mirror since, well, I’m fuming. This should end sooner or later than expected.

 

I’m on the way home from another backup meeting. I can’t bear to lose my company. Not at this times.

 

Checking my emails on my iPad, tapping the screen with hardened force, and with a deep frown. Can’t my days get any better?

 

My second problem is, of course, my own personal issue. It’s been four days but why aren’t they leaving the house? They should be anywhere but there, right? Don’t they have businesses to take care of?

 

I shook my head at the thought.

 

We reached the manor and the gates automatically opened to let us through. The car went around before stopping at the front of the manor. Butlers immediately opened the door and once I stepped of my car, I stormed towards the stairs and bursted the doors open.

 

Folks who were near the door, such as maidens and household staffs were startled. My anger is rising up because of a specific reason, and you already know what that is.

 

I saw Seulgi on my way and eyeing me with concern. “Hey, Joohyun, are you okay?”

 

Without batting an eye, I ignored her and went instantly upstairs with heavy steps. No one bothers me for the rest of the afternoon, or even tonight.

 

I heard the murmurs downstairs but I didn’t care. Once I reached my room, I opened it harshly and slammed the doors shut with a loud thud that resonated at the hallways, startling everyone near the noise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daegu, South Korea - Bae Manor - November 27 - 1 pm - Seulgi

 

Okay, what was that?

 

The whole house have their eyes on me when I turned around. Everyone has this confused face upon witnessing such action.

 

I’ve known my boss and I know what it exactly means…

 

She’s in her mood.

 

It’s better not to touch nor converse with her for now. Let along, cool her mind down, but I doubt that. Knowing Irene, she doesn’t cool off until her certain problem is solved.

 

“What’s up with her?” Yoona asks.

 

“Uh…” I spare a glance upstairs.

 

“She seems angry, by the way. I wonder what’s the reason behind it.”

 

Yeaji looks at me, seeking for an answer, yet I can’t give her one since I don’t know either.

 

I look back at the stairs again, deciding if I should check on her, if necessary. First of all, that would be a very bad idea. Second, I don’t want to die thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter