Irene Bae

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seoul, South Korea - Seulgi's Complex - November 09 - 7:30 a.m.

 

Toot toot toot

 

 

 

 

 

Toot toot toot

 

 

 

 

 

Toot toot toot

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi opened her eyes as soon as the sun rays hit her skin. The noise she has hearing was ringing for god knows how long. With half lidded eyes, she turned off what is bugging her early in the morning, which is her biggest nightmare:

 

Alarm clock. 

 

She rubbed my eyes as she try to focus her vision then yawned and cracked her bones (which is her hobby) and sat up; looking once again at the alarm clock to check what damn time is it. 

 

7:33 a.m. 

 

Seulgi blinked before her eyes completely widened. Oh , oh ! I'm so dead! I'm so ing dead! 

 

She got up in a record breaking point and headed for the bathroom and stripped everything to the point where the clothes produced tearing sounds then showered swiftly like it was the fastest bathe she has ever had. Once she was done, she then grabbed whatever clothes she might wear. 

 

Who cares about fashion anyway when you'll be six feet deep under your grave? 

 

After Seulgi had put her clothes on, she immediately sprinted rapidly outside and grabbed her house keys as well as her things. 
 

Okay, she does not have any private vehicle and taking the subway would take about fifteen minutes plus the walking and waiting for the elevator ride. 

 

Well, I might just be murdered later, so goodbye to my dad and my brother who is counting on me at home. 

 

Now that Seulgi is currently running right now towards the subway, and let her just say that her appearance is very disheveled right now. 

 

Just great. 

 

And for christ's sake! She was wearing heels goddamn it!  

 

Once Seulgi reached the subway and it is full of, of course, people. If you're wondering why is she exaggerating, well, just because it would be ing crowded all the way and she is now bloody late. Who's fault is it? 

 

Fine, the blame is on me. 

 

Took her almost five minutes to get into the train, and guess what? She was on standing rather than sitting at all. 

 

Rest in peace, my feet. As well as my toe nails. 

 

No vacant seats, what a good start to kick off the day. When she looked at the floor a second after, her eyes widened in horror. 

 

Idiot Seulgi! 

 

Can you believe this day? My heels are in different pair! 

 

Seulgi looked around and everyone was indeed busy, either on their phones or their books or whatever occupies their mind and here she is, sweating real bad with a very, very unlucky morning. The train was very throng as the bullets of sweat dropped on her lips. 

 

Salty. 

 

Seulgi sighed deeply and looked at her watch: 7:48. 

 

Just stay calm, just stay calm... 

 

She then groaned and shut her eyes while gripping the metallic pole tightly to the point that her knuckles turned white. 

 

"I am very dead." She whispered breathlessly. 

 

The moment the train stopped, Seulgi squished herself  along with the others just to go out. A good brisk walk while she was checking whatever messages or emails she got, and thank god, there was none. 

 

She then brushed her hair with her hand and dashed madly on her path; it took her more than ten minutes to reach her workplace. 

 

The Bae Industries. 

 

The company she works for deals with electronics and artificial engineerings. If you want to know more about it and about Seulgi, she might as well tell you later if she even survives the wrath of everyone's boogeyman: 

 

Irene Bae. 

 

She at least skipped two steps at a time on the entrance stairs as she was looking at herwatch: 7:58. 

 

Well, one hour late. 

 

"Goodmorning, Miss Kang." The guard, Eungjae greeted. 

 

Seulgi smiled and hurried her pace. Everyone was now looking at her because of the noise she was making everytime she lifts a foot, because the heels create that annoying sound early in the morning, consider also that she is pathetically an hour late. 

 

When Seulgi was waiting for the elevator, everyone near her eyed the latter from head to toe. 

 

Don't mind them, Seulgi. It repeated like a mantra inside her damn head. 

 

When the elevator dinged, she wasted no time to step inside and her fellow colleagues started to fill the box too. She just sighed and bit her lower lip, then remembered—

 

"..." Seulgi whispered under her breath. 

 

She forgot her morning coffee. 

 

Well, Seulgi started to panic inside and when the elevator dinged on the 18th floor which is not her stop yet but she still got out anyway. Why? Just to a brew coffee. 

 

Seulgi hurriedly went to the lounge and brewed some coffee. She does not like office coffees a bit but that is not the case this time anyway. 

 

Once it was done, she checked herbwatch, exactly 8:05 in the morning. 

 

One hour and five minutes. Good job, Seulgi!

 

The former mentally facepalmed herself and pressed the 40th floor, the top floor, where her office was located. 

 

She took a deep breath afterwards and readied herself for whatever reason. 

 

3...

 

Blew cold air from her lips. 

 

2...

 

Closed her eyes and took a deep breath again and again. 

 

1...

 

It's now or never, Kang. 

 

The elevator dinged and opened at the same time. Seulgi walked with her heart beating fast and when I saw the the tall woman behind a large counter, Park Sooyoung, she shook her head and gave me a small 'good luck'. 

 

When Seulgi reached the door, she knocked before coming in... 

and there she is, seating on her desk while reading paperworks. 

 

When she heard Seulgi coming in, she looked up and eyed her from head to toe with a blank expression. 

 

"What are you wearing?" She asked. 

 

What am I wearing? Really? What am I wearing? 

 

She was wearing her office clothes! But to tell you, it was indeed awful: pink blazer with yellow top and an orange skirt, with not-so-matchy pair of heels which are colors white and blue. Also, add her disheveled state. 

 

I look like a ing moose. Oh god. Worst day! Really, worst day! 

 

"I, uh –" Seulgi gulped, "– clothes...?" 

 

She remained stoic and silent for a second before speaking again. "Anyway –" she put down her papers, "– you are one hour late." 

 

She is Irene Bae. 

 

The spawn of Satan himself; she is indeed, scary, that is a fact. For the past two years of working for her, Seulgi had known things about her too, but not really at the same time around. 

 

Aside from that, Irene Bae is also the reincarnation of Aphrodite, to be honest. Beautiful, perfectly made, can tear someone's heart in a blink of an eye. 

 

But do not! If she says do not, let her looks deceive you. Irene Bae is the worst of the worsts. 

 

"About that, CEO-nim. Uh –" Seulgi scratched her forehead, "– traffic." 

 

Traffic?! What a lame excuse. 

 

Her boss hummed before adverting her gaze towards the papers again. "If you're going to make excuses, make something believable, could you?" 

 

Seulgi pressed herblips together and carefully placed the coffee on her table. She didn't even give me her thank you! Instead, Irene Bae just eyed and grabbed it while Seulgi stood back to my spot.

 

Her boss popped the hole and drank from it then she instantly grimaced. "Where did you get this?" She asked with a raised brow.

 

Doomed. 

 

Seulgi clenched my jaw and opened her mouth to speak, but the woman behind the gran desk beat her into it. 

 

"I don't like it. Throw this in the trash, it's an office coffee." The latter then scrunched her nose. "Nasty." 

 

Seulgi nodded in response and took the coffee with her. "Anything else, CEO-nim?" 

 

"Get me a coffee by 8:10 a.m. I have a migraine to melt." She coldly said without sparring a glance at the woman standing meters away from her desk, she instead just read her papers once again. 

 

Seulgi checked her watch, 8:08 in the morning. 

 

I might play Jumanjii. 

 

When Seulgi was finally out of her boss's office, she released the breath she has been holding in, then checked herbwatch again: 8:09. 

 

this. She cursed mentally. 

 

"Surprised she didn't yell at you." Sooyoung, or Joy (what others call her) said when she saw the secretary came out of the doors alive. 

 

"Uh-uh." Seulgi waved her index finger. "I almost pissed my skirt." 

 

Sooyoung chuckled before frowning deeply after seeing her appearance. She then pointed to Seulgi's whole self before shaking her head. "What is that? Are you an alien?" 

 

Seulgi groaned mentally. "Don't even start." Then walked towards the elevator and pressed down. 

 

"Where are you going?" 

 

"To buy some coffee." 

 

When Seulgi reached the ground floor, the center of attention is on her again for this morning. 

 

I know what you all are thinking. The greatest girl crush, Kang Seulgi, went to play freefall. 

 

The latter then stepped out of the building and fished out her phone. A message was shown on the screen: 

 

Amber 

Hey! Byul is in town, she said she wants to catch up with us, you free tonight? 

                                                                                            Seulgi  

I'll think about it. I have work to do tonight. I'll message you later. Luv u! 

 

She remained walking and went to the usual coffee shop that she goes daily. 

 

Starbucks. 

 

Seulgi opened the door and met with the aroma of coffee, it was so addicting. There are not more than seven people inside, so it was certainly easy for her just to order her way. 

 

 After a second, she checked her watch: 8:14. 

 

Oops. 

 

She immediately went to the counter and was greeted by the barista, Kim Yerim or Yeri, in what they call her. 

 

"Hi, Sluggs!" She greeted. "As usual?" 

 

"Yeah." Seulgi smiled and fished out her wallet to pay. 

 

Well, indeed I am broke. 

 

"One strong espresso coming up!" Yeribannounced. 

 

While she was waiting for the coffee, someone called her, and when she saw the caller ID: 

 

Wannie. 

 

She immediately answered the call. 

 

"Hey, Seul!"  

 

"Hey, Wan. What's up?" Seulgi asked while putting back her wallet on her bag. 

 

"You're coming tonight, right?" 

 

"Oh, about that. I'm not sure." 

 

"Huh? Why?" 

 

"Work." She plainly said. 

 

"Oh." The person on the other line paused. "But you'll think about it, right? Come on, we haven't seen Byul for like, one year?" 

 

"Two, actually." Seulgi corrected. "But yeah, I'll think about it." 

 

"Alright. But if you don't come, you're not excused!" 

 

She chuckled. "Sure." 

 

"Okay, but call me if you're coming, 'ight. I'll wait for you." 

 

As soon as the call ended, the coffee was done and Yeri handed it to her with a face. 

 

"I don't know why would someone order a strong espresso, but who am I to judge. Really, I tasted it and it wasn't my type." She said. 

 

"Well, it's my boss." Seulgi just answered it simply while gripping the coffee. "I don't know either why she likes it. It's weird." 

 

"Oh, that's explains it." Yeri said.

 

Seulgi bid her goodbyes and walked out of the coffee shop, then checked her watch for the nth time: 8:17. 

 

Great. 

 

Seulgi just had to sigh deeply and hurried her steps. She then rapidly walked up the entrance stairs, which she was probably complainin about since why is it goddamn high! Once she had reached the last stair, her breathing become ragged in an instant. 

 

I have never been this tired, and my bloody feet are aching! 

 

When Eungjae opened the door once again for her, the air conditioner greeted me and sent coolness down my spine. Her forehead was already sweaty and her heels clanked on the marble floor. 

 

She then went towards the elevator and pressed up once again...

 

but it was not the same employees that rode with me a while back, it was the group she definitely despise the most. 

 

"Oh, hello there, Kang." Eunbi greeted rather fakely. She eyed Seulgi and tried to stop herself to laugh. "Nice outfit." 

 

Seulgi smiled fakely too. It's so much for me to take not to punch you right now. 

 

"Thanks." The former replied. 

 

"My pleasure." Eunbi said before she, along with her group, walked away. 

 

"Can't this day get any better." Seulgi murmured. 

 

"Having a bad morning?" A familliar voice asked. 

 

"Not really." She shrugged. The new comer eyed her before the latter just groaned. "Yes, very much. It's like hell today." 

 

"Bad days are horrible." 

 

"I agree." The elevator opened and they both entered. 

 

"Could you press down 26 for me, please. My hands are full." She politely asked. 

 

And Seulgi being a patron, pressed 26 then 40, before checking her watch all over again: 8:25 a.m. 

 

Fifteen minutes late... again. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter