AI Project 003

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daegu – Day 37.

 

Well, if it was not for the pay, perhaps Seulgi already went out of the door and hauled her luggage with her. But of course, that is not the case. The virtue she holds the most is patience, and yes, she got a lot of those. That is why seeing Irene yelling at the huge screen projected in front of them is nothing but a typical situation. 

 

"What?!" She frustratedly said. "I told you to reboot AI Project 003, right? Now, why the hell is it not responding?!" 

 

The people on the screen displayed an expression of pure horror. Seulgi winced because of it, instantly picking up their nervousness from the otherside. It was very common for Irene Bae's employees to feel their world crumble or their knees shake. It is the con of working with her, despite the huge wage. Seulgi knows of it the most since she encounters it every damn day. 

 

"It wasn't compatible, Miss Bae. The system won't accept––"

 

"I don't care what the system says! Reboot it for God's sake! Fix it, it's been a week, at least. I'm not paying you to do lame work in it!"

 

It was the cue for Seulgi to step up. Besides, they both have the brain; they could work it out, could not they? 

 

"Okay, enough with the yelling." She patted the raven's shoulder. "The system is not responding and rebooting it won't work." 

 

Irene arched her brow. "Oh now, you're saying I'm wrong?" 

 

Well... "not entirely. You see, we saw the malfunction in the program. The design was too fragile, CEO-nim, and you know this. We can't just reboot it. We need to fix it internally, meaning, to reprogram it." 

 

"That would take months, are you insane? We can't take up that time for too long. We need a new release or else, this won't be good for me and for you as well." 

 

"Six months, specifically." 

 

Irene snickered as she flunked her arms. "See?" 

 

Seulgi then looked at the screen ahead. "Is there any other option? Like, a faster route––? Which I know for sure there isn't." 

 

"None. Reprogramming it is the only way to salvage the system, Seulgi-ssi." 

 

The raven groaned, her own fury building up inside her. "Who did the work in that model, huh? The department? Give me a name. Now." 

 

"You're not going to fire them, are you?"

 

Irene scoffed at the blonde woman. "Shut it." 

 

Seulgi motioned for the screen to give them a moment and went closer to the smaller woman. "Yes, it's a huge mistake, but you can't just fire people for that."

 

"Excuse me? I'm your boss for today since we're working. I fire whoever I want. It's their responsibility to make the system work perfectly, and now, it's ed up and we can't do anything about it." 

 

Seulgi squinted her eyes at the sudden profanity. "I get you––I really do. But listen, I know you pay me and these people, yet trust me you won't have a successful design without their help. I know it's your hardwork, your core, your blueprint, or whatsoever, but you need their help." 

 

"I don't need help." 

 

Seulgi clicked her tongue. "Stop it. Yes, you do." She then faced the screen and gave them a thumbup. "Alright, we'll reboot it here!"

 

"What––?!"

 

"That would be impossible since it will take months and we need to release the new model before two months."

 

"Exactly!"

 

Seulgi ignored Irene's outburst. "Give us, maybe, a month." 

 

Irene looked at the blonde like she was plainly crazy. "Are you out of your goddamn mind?" 

 

"Maybe." 

 

"A month won't work, Seulgi-ssi." 

 

"Oh, it will. Two genius brains? Damn right, it will." 

 

"Rationality tells otherwise." 

 

"It can't be done!" Irene grunted. "You're getting far-fetched. No one will help us. The ones I demanded to be sent here can't go! We're only going to do this by ourselves, and a month isn't practical." 

 

"What happened to 'taking risk'? Trust me, it will work. In a month, it's already fixed." 

 

The raven shook her head. "Are you really going to––?"

 

"Besides, what other choice do we have? That's right. None."

 

Irene became mum after the blonde uttered her last sentene. She was right, they were doomed anyway, so better do an action instead of nothing at all. Seulgi gave the last command before the call disconnected. They cannot just go back to Seoul, say an excuse why they are leaving too early, since that would be suspicious. The only option is to reprogram it right here in Daegu, and even though Irene does not like it, she will have to do it either way. 

 

"So...?" Seulgi looked at her. 

 

"What?"

 

The blonde tittered before moving to carry on with their task. "We still have a work to do, CEO-nim, so ease your frown now." 

 

After thirty minutes

 

"Nope," Irene shook her head. "Nope. Nope. This is hopeless."

 

Seulgi sighed at her. "Hopeless or not, at least attempt to." 

 

"I don't even know if they know we're together in this studio loft that I rented, doing science stuffs!" Irene referred to her relatives. "We shouldn't be doing this because I'm not getting it, and neither are you!"

 

The blonde chuckled and picked up the black marker before handing it to the raven. "Shake that brain." 

 

"This is useless." 

 

"Like I said, useless or not, at least attempt to." When Irene did not take the marker in her hand, she reached out for it and opened her palm before closing them––her own bigger hand engulfing the raven's smaller one. "Attempt."

 

Irene stared at her before Seulgi let go of her hand, then we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter