It Was Just An Exploration!

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

¡ Mostly Irene's POV ! 

Daegu, South Korea - unspecified - November 21 - unspecified - Seulgi

Day 21.

 

I’m very proud to say that since yesterday, everything is going a little well and I’m glad about that. Irene-ssi has been in the good mood since she ate street foods, especially Tteobokki. She even ordered bunch of it from online last night!

 

Aside from what happened yesterday, this very morning the butlers said I have a package and to be honest, I’m not expecting anything and specifically a package to arrive today.

 

Maybe from my brother or Hyoyeon-unnie…?

 

It couldn’t be from my friends right? Maybe I can count Seungwan in it, but the others? Hell will break lose if that ever happens.

 

At this moment since I woke up earlier than my boss (who’s still peacefully asleep on the bed), I head downstairs to greet the package waiting at the front house where the grand gates are located, but since it will be meters away from the hanok, maybe they already put it at the front doors.

 

The sun is not high up yet and I forgot to check the time, but I think it is around quarter to six in the morning. When I arrived downstairs, there are only few butlers and maids lurking around the huge house and looking at the big windows, I see a lot of guards around the perimeter.

 

Sighing, I continue to go on my way. The retainers greet me on my way and I return the gesture too since I don’t want to be rude in either ways. As I reach the front doors, the varlets open the doubled-doors for me and a manservant is standing behind it.

 

He bows before handing me the box and scurries away to go back to the front house where he is posted.

 

I thanked him, and also the valets who stood beside the doubled-doors. As I turn my heels around, I examine the box at the same time. It feels light, almost as if nothing is inside; even shaking it to see if I can hear something but no avail, I just know something is inside it since there is some weight when I shook it.

 

The Baes are not yet awake and somehow I felt relieved when no one is walking down the lavish staircase located at the very center. The box is taped, but not covered in it so I easily peeled it off without scissors or a cutter.

 

When I opened it, styrofoams went out of the box and down on the floor, which is a lot lot mess. The housekeepers eyed me before I bowed as an apology. I looked at the box in my arms again, and I was right.

 

There was nothing inside, except these useless styrofoams.

 

Weird.

 

I put down the box on a table at one of the lounges before asking a handmaid to throw it out since it is futile now. What will I do with this anyway? Whoever is pranking me or making fun of me at this moment, I hope they rot in hell I swear to god.

 

This is definitely my friends doing.

 

Heaving a deep sigh, I watch the handmaid walking away before she quickly disappears to throw the nonsensical thing to the garbage where it belongs. Really? Styrofoams? What a lame thing to prank me early in the morning.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

I jumped at my spot and instantly snapped my neck to where the voice came from. My boss is looking at me with confused eyes, probably searching her answer in my shocked expression.

 

“Gosh, you scared me.”

 

“Ah sorry.” Irene grins (which is very endearing). “What are you doing here?”

 

“U-uhm.” Should I lie? I mean, that box is not worth mentioning anyway. “W-watching…”

 

Irene furrows her brows.

 

“… them clean.” I point out the housekeepers who are cleaning every corner of the lounge I am in.

 

“Ah.” Irene nods leisurely. “Too early to be up, no?”

 

“I’m used to waking up early.”

 

“I see…”

 

I swallowed a lump in my throat all the while staring at her. With her slightly disheveled hair and wrinkly pajamas, she still looked pretty as ever. God really has His favorite.

 

She cleared to speak again. “Do you have any errands today? I mean, are my aunts taking you out… again?”

 

“I’m afraid not, CEO—”

 

“Joohyun. Call me Joohyun.”

 

“But we’re alone—”

 

“I know.”

 

I didn’t utter any word and suddenly, she clasps both of her hands together. I’m contemplating whether to speak or not to speak since she is eyeing me, perhaps studying me for quite a while.

 

“Anyways. We’re going somewhere today.” Ire– Joohyun says as she turns her heels around. “And don’t even dare to ask where.”

 

I nod several times before she goes back upstairs and I’m left alone to ponder what the hell does she mean.

 

“And we will be out for the whole day so wear something comfortable.”

 

Sometimes, she is very bizarre to study and I don’t even know why I’m taking my time trying to read her when she is unreadable.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daegu, South Korea - Nam-Gu - November 21 - unspecified - Irene

 

It is been like hours before I caught Seulgi at one of the lounges downstairs. I never knew what she was doing but I got a glimpse of her giving a box to one of the handmaids.

 

Is she giving them presents now? I just had to scoff inside.

 

And not that I am very shocked (maybe slight) to see myself wearing a pair of pajamas the moment that I woke up. I won’t admit that I’m flustered whether in a bad or good way, but I’m pretty sure Seulgi did change my clothes.

 

“Did you change my clothes last night?”

 

We are both inside my car and I probably didn’t inform my bodyguards that I’m going out since I’m driving my own car with Seulgi on the passenger’s seat (since it is a two-doored sports car, specifically Tesla).

 

Seulgi’s eyes widen as she looks at me but I didn’t remove my focus on the road. Is she contemplating what to say? Excuse to utter? But knowing Seulgi, she is not good at making excuses, or in short, she does not know how to lie.

 

“U-uh.” She stutters. “No! I mean yes! No! I saw you not being comfortable sleeping with your clothes so I just had to–” Seulgi pauses, “–I’m sorry.”

 

“No, no.” I hid the grin creeping on my lips. “I’m just surprised, that is all.”

 

“I didn’t see anything, I promise!” She gestures the ‘cross my heart’ before raising her palms like she is pledging for her life.

 

Interesting…

 

I glanced beside me. “Hmm.”

 

The blonde presses her lips together and avoids contact with me. We are here in the heart of Nam-Gu and I’m finding this place where I know will satisfy both of our likings since we will be preparing for succeeding days.

 

What is with the following days anyway?

 

Mostly the cause is my cousin’s wedding, which will be held in Jeju. I never liked the bride and I think I mentioned that not so long before; and since Chanyeol is a close cousin of mine, I guaranteed myself I won’t be absolutely rude about it.

 

Suddenly, Seulgi’s phone rings.

 

“Hello?” I glanced at the road and to Seulgi back and forth, until she whispered ‘it’s Taeyeon-unnie’.

 

I nodded before averting my attention back to the road. As I overhear their conversation, which I assume her aunt asking where is she now and stuffs involving her well-being. Okay, that somehow strikes me in the head:

 

Does her aunt thinks I’m not taking care of her?

 

Taeyeon surely knows I’m with Seulgi, right? And overhearing her asking ‘will you be okay?’ is making me grip the steering wheel tightly.

 

When the call drops, Seulgi puts it inside her brown trench coat since she does not have a single bag with her (which really makes me mentally facepalm).

 

I cleared my throat. “Do you have a dress for the wedding?”

 

Seulgi stares at me. “I-I thought we still have ninety-nine days—”

 

I closed my eyes as I inhaled deeply. “Not ours! I meant Chanyeol’s.”

 

“Eh?”

 

I clenched my jaws. Don’t tell me she doesn’t know about it.

 

Averting my attention to the blonde with a stoic expression, she gulps nervously once she met my cold stare. “Kang.”

 

She just gawks without words coming out of .

 

“You know what, forget it.”

 

I parked my car in front of a luxurious store before dragging the blonde out of the car without waiting for her complains hitting my eardrums. As we arrive inside, there are only few high class people shopping around; Seulgi looks here and there without my hand leaving her wrist.

 

“Welcome. What is the name, ma’am?” A salesman appears with a bow.

 

“Bae. Irene Bae.”

 

The salesman’s eyes widened as if it would pop out of its sockets, doubtlessly realizing who I am. “W-what can I do for you, Miss Bae?”

 

“I would like to inquire a measurement for her…” I pondered whether a dress or a suit will fit Seulgi. “… a suit with a bow tie please.”

 

The salesman examines Seulgi from head to toe. “Of course, Miss Bae.”

 

He guides Seulgi towards the inner part of the store as the latter looks back at me unsurely and I have to nod just for her to cooperate. Sometimes I wonder if she is really a real human at situations like this.

 

I actually don’t prefer attending weddings ever since and up until now I hate going in one, but it is Chanyeol’s and he is expecting me to come even though the bride irks me to the bones. I cannot explain it properly though. Since Chanyeol introduced her to me, I have a different feeling towards her. Not when she really challenges me whenever we meet; not her thinking she is on my level does not sit right with me.

 

It’s been twenty minutes of waiting and Seulgi is still not coming out of that door, resulting of me being irritated and annoyed by an unknown reason.

 

What is taking them so long?

 

With no hesitations, I barged in and saw a few people surrounding her, but what caught my attention is a girl who is very close to her and not considered as a normal distance, and she is certainly the one measuring her from head to toe.

 

The people inside stop whatever they are doing and look at me to recognize my unexpected cut in.

 

“Miss Bae!” The salesman a while ago acknowledges my presence. “We’re about to be finished.”

 

I only hummed and allowed them to continue.

 

Never cared if it is prohibited to just barge inside this room without permission, yet they didn’t confront me about it.

 

Gladly.

 

With my arms crossed, I watched them do their job. Since both Seulgi and I are not yet disclosed to the public, no one knows what situation are we entangled in. Somehow I feel vague just thinking about it.

 

The woman talks to the blonde continuously while doing what she is supposed to do. Now I know why they are taking so long when it is just simply measuring parts.

 

I rolled my eyes unknowingly.

 

The unnamed woman wraps the flexible tape around the blonde’s slim waist, and I find it very disconcerting.

 

All of a sudden, the woman accidentally lifts up Seulgi’s blouse, giving us a sneak peak of what is underneath that clothing. Seulgi wastes no time in pulling down her blouse because of embarrassment, and I shifted uneasily on my spot when the woman spoke.

 

“Oops, sorry.”

 

Did she just...?

 

The monolid laughs nervously without saying a word, and she seems very uncomfortable about what happened.

 

I cleared my throat to announce my presence once again. “Please hurry up because we still have errands to do.”

 

All of them bowed before doing their work and I have to wait here and watch my fiancée for myself, not when that happened and I know it wasn’t even an accident.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The measuring time and standing there meters away while eyeing every single one of the heads present inside that four walls have now ended. Both of us is waiting while more people (which aren’t average of course) are entering the lavish store. Seulgi has been eyeing the interior and designs while walking around for the past few minutes while I’m becoming partially impatient sitting on one of the couches.

 

Groaning inaudibly, I fish out my phone and entertains myself. In the middle of everything, a fortuitous thought comes inside my mind and I can’t determine if it is welcome or not, yet it just pops in oh so suddenly. It wasn’t the whole view but I’m a hundred and one percent sure it is so toned.

 

Urgh!

 

Why did I even see it in the first place? Worse, thinking of it now? But I’m sure it is such a flex to– stop!

 

“Miss Bae.”

 

A voice snaps me out of my daydream. “Yes?”

 

“We have found the suitable suits for you. Should we bring it right now?”

 

“Sure.”

 

An artsy rolling garment rack is being pushed towards us with suits hanging on it. I stood up and gestured Seulgi to join me the moment I saw her wandering around quietly.

 

“These are are all the same size which is suitable for Miss Kang. Here is our first pick.”

 

He hands me the first blue suit in a hanger. Its tie is made perfectly and I think it will look good on her, but I don’t think blue is the color. Seulgi arrives next to me and just stands there while I do the work for today.

 

“What do you think?” I asked without leaving my eyes at the suit.

 

“It’s fine.”

 

“Just fine?” I looked at her. “I take that as a no.”

 

Seulgi’s eyes widened for the nth time and I didn’t let her say what she wants to say. The suit is fine, yes, but it’s not clearly my type to wear on a wedding. Since I will be wearing a red silk velvet dress (in which I pondered a lot about), it will be perfect if we match, no?

 

The salesman hands me another one, which is green.

 

“How about this one?”

 

“They are all beautiful.” Seulgi answers, as expected.

 

I heaved a sigh before chuckling at her silliness. “Give an honest opinion, will you?”

 

Seulgi looks at the me and the salesman repeatedly, perhaps silently saying ‘he’s right there for god’s sake!’.

 

I shook my head before giving back the suit to the salesman, in which he puts it back on the rack.

 

“Do you have a red silk velvet suit?”

 

The salesman thinks for a second. “I think we have, Miss Bae. Give me a moment.”

 

He retreats back along with the others and leaves the rack on where it stands.

 

“You can just pick anything, I’m okay with it. Besides they are all absolutely fine.”

 

“What are you saying?” I annoyingly said.

 

“The green one is nice though.”

 

“Tch. I want a red silk velvet.”

 

Seulgi puts her hands inside her coat’s pockets. “And what if they don’t have it?”

 

“Then we will search for it in the other stores.” Seulgi stares at me in a far-fetched manner. “What?”

 

“The suits are just right there. Just pick one and we will be over with it.”

 

“Are you going against me now?!” I stared at her wide eyed and Seulgi tries to hide the beam creeping on her face.

 

“No. I’m just wondering why should it be red, specifically a silk velvet? There’s plenty of suits on that rack–” she points the latter, “–see?”

 

“I want a red silk velvet suit for you to wear.”

 

“What’s up with it anyway? Not that I’m going against you or something, and please don’t fire me yet, but isn’t that a waste of time finding one suit when there are a lot of choices—”

 

“I want us to match colors okay!”

 

Seulgi stares at me after I blurted out that stupid idea. God Joohyun, you shouldn’t have done that– it’s embarrassing. Before everything goes to an awkward situation, the salesman is back with the red silk velvet that I wanted.

 

“Miss Bae, we have it but the size is not momentarily for Miss Kang and also it’s not a suit but a tuxedo. In addition, the necktie is not a bow tie but an ascot.”

 

I examined the red silk velvet tuxedo he is holding delicately, with gold chains and an ascot. Basically even more perfect than the first design I pictured in my head.

 

“What size is that?”

 

“It goes two sizes away from Miss Kang’s.”

 

It’s just two sizes away, that’s fine.

 

“I’ll take that.”

 

“Yes, Miss Bae.” He bows before turning away to prepare the suit.

 

I look back at the blonde. “Pay for it, I’ll wait inside the car.” Then I walk away after that, not without giving my card of course.

 

And Seulgi is left alone again to process what the hell just happened.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minutes after, the trunk of the car opens and Seulgi puts the suit inside in a gentle manner, afraid she will ruin the fabric when I literally just paid for it a while back (since it’s my card).

 

When she opens the passenger’s seat, she catches me already sitting on it. “You drive.”

 

“Pardon?”

 

I gestured for the driver’s seat. “You will be the one driving. I already the ignition.”

 

Seulgi laughs sarcastically. “You’re still my boss. What if I accidentally crashed this car or bump someone? No offense, but your cars are overrated for a person to buy.”

 

“Drive.” I coldly said.

 

And Seulgi scrambles away towards the driver’s seat.

 

It just always works every time.

 

Wearing my victory grin as she opens the door and settles down in front of the steering wheel.

 

“Don’t fire me or worse, kill me when I smash this car over.”

 

“Just drive juseyo.”

 

Seulgi drives carefully in what I observed. Seeing her grip the steering wheel with her slender hands is unexplainable; definitely attractive but I won’t easily admit that of course. I already set the GPS for our next stop, and I won’t tell where it is.

 

Once we reached the destination, Seulgi looks at me with a confused face, and I don’t know how to respond to that. Instead of speaking up, I step out of the car in a hurried manner. Seulgi follows after she turns off the ignition.

 

“Never expected for you to take me here.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Dalseong Park huh?” Seulgi says with a slight tease.

 

I drag the monolid with me towards the place. Actually, I planned this just last night and I’m not still sure until now, but there’s no turning back right?

 

Hauling Seulgi more harder, she whines in protest. “Can you do that gently?”

 

“You’re too slow to walk.”

 

“Says the one who has small legs…” she muttered but I clearly heard it. How many times do I say I hate being called small?

 

I’m not small.

 

“Yah! What did you say?”

 

“N-nothing?”

 

“I’m not small! Don’t make me fire you sooner or later.”

 

“Geez.” Seulgi nods in understanding. “But what are we doing here?”

 

We’re still walking side by side but not without dragging her with me forcefully. And also, this is one of the reasons why I didn’t inform my bodyguards about my plans today since I want to let loose, just as what I experienced yesterday while eating street foods.

 

I feel normal somehow.

 

“We’re exploring.”

 

“Exploring?” Seulgi asks. “That doesn’t feel like it.”

 

“Tch.”

 

Seulgi eyes me teasingly and I’m starting to get annoyed by her expression. “Are you perhaps taking me out on a date?”

 

I stopped our tracks and involuntarily halted the blonde, causing her to be out-balanced backwards due to the force. “Excuse me what?”

 

Seulgi wriggles her brows, p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter