Shopaholic

My Boss Lady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Seoul, South Korea - Gangnam - November 15 - 9 am Day 5.

 

Let Seulgi just like inform the universe or something that she never get to do her actual job at all, is anybody getting what she meant? Like, sure thing, she gets paid for working but if someone is indeed wondering if she gets paid extra for this? Well, no—the forty percent that they both agreed on is added on her salary, so the point is, this whole situation thing about working with Professor Lee is—how will she call this? But anyway, she was not getting paid—nope, not at all—not even extra or anything.

 

But she is a decent human being! And she works for Irene Bae, can somebody sense where this is going? This is stressful, to be honest, but she is her boss—Seulgi practically owe her own life from the raven! She feeds her, she gives what she needs, but there is a clear condition and that is to work, but this work that she is favoring for her secretary was about actually nonexistent on the contract she had signed.

 

It is pure service from Seulgi. 

 

Add the frustration of not picking at least even one from her list and she saying this without a doubt, her boss was just so hard to please!

 

And the fact that Seulgi does not know the reason why is she doing this? She felt so left out and the latter was indeed working for a phantom.

 

Remember when she ran while raining and she sheltered at a bus stop? Actually, she has gotten a bit worse.

 

Seulgi has been sneezing a million times this morning, and the cough? Well, the cough is dry and dry cough is the worst. Thank god she does not have a goddamn fever.

 

The monolid does not have the guts to take a sick-leave or something, so maybe she will just endure this for the whole day. Besides, they were still working though and they never got to find one because the professor she has been working with is a little dip with attitude, and she does not get to do something about it since they should be helping each other, but the problem is, they were not literally helping each other.

 

Does that even make sense?

 

Seulgi is currently here, inside the lecturer's very own office, and guess what? She smelled burned cookies the moment she stepped in. 

 

Burned cookies?

 

Yeah, it was burned! Turned out that this lecturer baked a tray of it back in her home and she does not know how to bake stuffs, so the result was baked-burned cookies.

 

What a genius.

 

“Do you want some?”

 

No, I don’t eat burned cookies.

 

“No thanks.” Seulgi waved her hands. “Have you found a—”

 

“I am still working on it.” She chewed. “And you? What are you doing? Are you even helping me?”

 

The secretary raised her brows and at the sentiment. You little.

 

“I’ve been up all night long. Don’t you eve—”

 

All of a sudden, she threw a cookie at Seulgi and it landed on the latter's face—her ing beautifully handsome face!

 

“—do you want me to throw this to your face too?” Seulgi picked the cookie and aimed for the professor's head.

 

“Put the food down.”

 

Seulgi scrunched her face in disgust. “This? Food? No way in hell.”

 

“Focus on the matter on hands. I have an apprentice to handle today.”

 

Apprentice?

 

“Who?”

 

She stared at me. “Classified.”

 

“Just tell me already.” Seulgi groaned. “It’s not like—”

 

Suddenly, the doors bursted open.

 

“Oh–” the lecturer brushed her palms, “–there she is!”

 

Seulgi snapped her head to look at the new comer, and immediately, her eyes widened once she recognized whose bloody hell face is it.

 

Seungwan.

 

“Oh, hey Wendy!” Professor greeted.

 

Wendy?

 

Seungwan stared at me with widened eyes and then smiled at the professor and contemplated what to say.

 

“Hey, professor.” She peeked at me in the corner of her eyes. “Am I late?”

 

“No–” she shook her head and stood up, “–not at all. You are actually on time.”

 

Seungwan nodded while Seulgi was just there sitting, trying to piece the missing puzzles together.

 

What the bloody hell are you doing here? 

 

“Meet–” she gestured for Seulgi, “–Kang Seulgi. Seulgi–” then she looked at the former, “–this is Wendy Son.”

 

No. She’s Son Seungwan.

 

Seulgi snorted. “This is–” she raised both of her hands, “–that was a great act Seungwan. It’s okay now, both of you can stop.”

 

The professor stared at me in confusion, while Seungwan, was lowkey gesturing me to cut the crap.

 

“What are you saying, Miss Kang?”

 

The latter guffawed. “Look–” she then pointed at Seungwan, “–who is this? Wendy Son? That’s bull. Her name is Son Seu—”

 

Seungwan stealthily pinched me on the arm. “My name is Wendy Son–” she gritted while faking a grin, “–nice to meet you, Kang Seulgi.”

 

What the actual ?

 

Seulgi frowned. “Stop the bull, Wan.” She turned to face Chaerin. “She’s my friend! And Wendy is definitely not her—”

 

“Do you know her?” Chaerin asked.

 

“U-uh–” her friend stuttered, “–no. I don’t know her.”

 

Okay, what is this?

 

“That’s absurd!” Seulgi raised her index. “Seungwan, it’s not funny.”

 

“Do you know each other?”

 

“No. Like I said—”

 

Seulgi groaned. “What are you saying?” Then inhaled deeply. “I definitely know her!”

 

“Professor, she is crazy. Where did you get this person?” She chuckled nervously.

 

Crazy? I am crazy?

 

“What the—”

 

“Am I missing something here?” The lecturer looked at the both of them in tandem.

 

“No!”

 

“Yes!”

 

She now stared at them in a puzzled expression. “What is going on?”

 

“Professor–” Seungwan moistened her lips, “–I don’t know her.” She did the sign of 'cut the crap' sign on her neck. 

 

Seulgi glared at her and was already opening her mouth to speak when Chaerin beat her into it.

 

“And you?” She turned to the latter. “What are you trying to say?”

 

“I told you, I know her!” I said.

 

I definitely do! For nearly seven years!

 

Chaerin stared at Seungwan in an intimidating manner, before the former groaned and glared at me.

 

“Fine!” She hissed. “I know her.”

 

“See?” Seulgi stretched my arms. “I told you, I—”

 

Chaerin gestured the monolid woman to stop. “Wendy Son, or should I say–” she then faced Seulgi for the second time, “–what is her name again?”

 

“Son Seungwan.”

 

“Or should I say, Son Seungwan.” She deadpanned. “Wh—”

 

“Before you scold me–” her friend closed her eyes and pleaded, “–first of all, I am genuine. Really.”

 

I’m confused.

 

“What are you doing?” Seulgi asked.

 

“You know what, Seul? Go yourself, I’m serious.” She cursed. “If I’ve known that you’re the one I’m handling, I shouldn’t have come.”

 

Seulgi gaped at her. “What happened to, ‘don’t worry Seul, we’ll help you’?”

 

She frowned deeply. “I thought you're done about that?”

 

“Guess what?” She put her hands on her hips. “That's never gonna happen!”

 

“Okay, okay!” Seungwan exaggeratedly waved her hands. “And stop whatever the hell you're doing. I'm trying to act cool here, alright?”

 

Seulgi scrunched her face. “Act cool for what?”

 

She then pointed her head towards Chaerin. “Do you get me, idiot?”

 

“Okay, enough–” Chaerin went in between us, “–enough! What is this all about, Miss Son?”

 

“Okay–” she breathed, “–I applied here for an apprenticeship because I need it. SM wouldn’t accept artists who varies between, you know. And, I was here for two weeks—”

 

“Two damn weeks?!” Seulgi shouted. “Why didn’t you—”

 

“Can you let me finish?” The latter immediately went silent. “Okay, where am I? Oh, right! So SM won’t accept artists that are lacking with self-esteem, and I’m one of those–” she glanced back at the two, “–I came here to become an apprentice, not a student. I want to, actually, learn more. Do you get me? So yeah, I became an apprentice and I was stationed with Professor Lee—”

 

“Then what does that do with changing your whole name?” Seulgi interrupted. “Apprentice is same as a student, right?” 

 

“What can’t you understand in what I said?” Seungwan exhaled deeply. “And apprenticeship is more personal, okay?” 

 

“Alright, I'm sorry. Please continue.” Seulgi crossed her arms.

 

“So I was stationed with Professor Lee, and the reason why I changed my name is that for me to not be known. You get my point?”

 

The secretary looked at Chaerin and both of them shook their heads. “Uh, no.” 

 

I don’t really... get you. 

 

Seungwan groaned. “My name here in Gangnam is hot in the streets, alright!”

 

Wait, what?

 

“What do you mean?” Seulgi scrunched my face. 

 

She sighed. “Two years ago, I got involved in some ty situation here in Gangnam. It’s about gambling and —”

 

“You gambled?!” The monolid woman raised her pitch. “How come I didn’t know that?”

 

“Because I didn’t tell you, and I didn’t gamble, I got involved!” She her lower lip. “And after that, I got included in that stupid madness, alright. Then the police ing knew about it, but I already got out of that and I lied about knowing nothing.”

 

“You’re just telling me this right now?” Seulgi knitted my forehead. “You nearly went to jail, you motherer.”

 

“I know!” She hissed. “But it’s fine now. It’s just the Gangnam streets that is threatening me.”

 

“You idiot.” 

 

“Yeah, I am.”

 

Yet Seulgi grinned widely. “But you lied to the police?” She chortled. “That’s goddamn awesome, Wan.”

 

They high-fived each other, and yes, they do share the same braincells together. 

 

Crackheads. 

 

Chaerin shook her head in disbelief and proceeded to address the elephant in the room. “Your secret is safe with me until further notice, Miss Son, but for now let’s focus on why I sent you.”

 

“Yes, professor.”

 

The professor sighed loudly and pointed at the workplace. “Now, shall we?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two hours had passed and yet, they did not even get to move a thing. , , .

 

They got no ideas, no anything, not even a list. What happened to Seulgi's brainpower? Well, if it means that she had used to have that until this whole situation started, it suddenly popped like a bubble. 

 

Mother of god, pray for us.

 

“Why does she need a wife anyway?” Seungwan asked, breaking the silence.

 

Seulgi was alarmed causing her to sit up straight. “Yeah–” she then looked at Chaerin, “–why does she?”

 

She noticed the eyes that were boring into her and she eventually looked up. The three went into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter