Living Stupidly

Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SURPRISE! I Knorr I told you guys I'll be taking a break but this has been in the drafts for too long so it's time to finish this (and I've been taking some small breaks here and there to take my mind off things and this is the result) so I present you another chapter before I dip again.

 

Still keeping my promise! Have fun reading and let me know what you think.

 

Unedited. Ignore the errors. Keep safe.

 

-ysab

 

 

///

 

The hotel was already magnificent outside but when they entered, Seulgi held her breath in wonder and fascination.

 

"Woah," she gasped as she looked around.

 

Irene, who was talking to the reception about the reservation she made, briefly glanced at her and gave her a smile. She then returned her gaze to the staff and showed her something on her phone. Seulgi, despite being amazed, stopped gawking at the sight infront of her and decided to stand next to Irene.

 

"Is everything ready?" Irene asked as she pocketed her phone. The staff smiled and handed her a black keycard..

 

"Yes, ma'am. Everything is prepared just like how you want it."

 

"Thanks." Irene then held her hand and started walking towards the elevator. "Can you please just bring these up?"

 

"Wha-" Seulgi had to let go of her things when another staff asked for it to be put inside the trolley.

 

"Let them, Seulgi."

 

Seulgi wordlessly gave them their bags yet she couldnt help but ask. "We didn't need them to bring it for us... They weren't heavy, right?"

 

"It's just something that I do."

 

Incredulity was evident in Seulgi's eyes when she heard that. They entered the elevator but the hotel staff told them that they'll take the next elevator so Irene pushed the button to their floor. The latter saw her face and she must've realized what she sounded so Irene's face flushed crimson before shaking her head.

 

"Oh! Oh, no, not like that. It isn't sort of power tripping or something. I only do it because they receive tips which can increase their salaries or... or something."

 

"That's nice," Seulgi murmured. 

 

"Did you think that I was-"

 

Seulgi was quick to remove that doubt from Irene. "No. It's just that, we don't do that. If we think we can handle carrying them all the way to our room then we'll carry them. If it's too heavy for us, my dad, he tries to help or we divide the load."

 

The elevator dinged once they reached the floor and once they stepped out, that was the end of that conversation. Irene opened a door using the keycard and once again, Seulgi was awestruck with the place.

 

The room was huge, probably the size of Joohyun's room and there was a queen size bed in the middle. There was a floor to ceiling glass that leads to the veranda and when Seulgi stepped outside, she instantly felt the cold air.  She shivered a bit yet the sight infront of her made her stay alittle longer. To alleviate the cold, she hugged herself and rubbed her arms up and down.

 

When she heard the room became quiet as the hotel staff dropped their things and the door closed, it wasn't long before Seulgi felt arms wrapping around her waist. She leaned back and started to sway, Irene moving with her as she started to hum.

 

Seulgi's humming considerably lowered as seconds ticked. Soon, they were only dancing to the beats of their hearts posing as their music.

 

There was nothing magical with the moment yet...

 

Yet Seulgi would trade the world for this moment to last longer; for them to stay in this bubble and be content with soaking each other's presence and warmth.

 

Irene sighed which made Seulgi pivot to face Irene. She draped her arms on her shoulder and pulled her closer, a soft smile on her face.

 

"That was kind of heavy. Are you hungry?" She asked when Irene tightened her arm on her waist.

 

"Oh, no. Nothing of that sort. I was just-I just remembered the times I came here."

 

"Were they special?"

 

"You can say that but they were all for the same reason."

 

"To relax?" Seulgi guessed.

 

Irene shook her head and when she spoke again, there was this watery smile on her face and despite looking straight at her, there was a distant look in Irene's eyes. "That's one but mostly to breathe?"

 

Seulgi took a small step back and gauged the latter's mood. "Why?"

 

"Because it isn't so hard to feel like you're being choked when there's so much pressure around you."

 

Seulgi held her breath while her heart ached for Irene. Yet she didn't speak and let Irene tell her what she wanted to say.

 

"When going to the cemetery felt too much for me or I don't want to remember that there's one less person I could rely on, I usually go here. It helps me relax and there's this silly thought inside my head that everytime I'm here, I'm not me."

 

Irene chuckled before pulling her close once again. She gazed up to her before fully hugging her, face hiding on the crook of Seulgi's neck. Irene shuddered before she relaxed when Seulgi started to sway them again. 

 

"I mean, not entirely because I'm still me Joohyun or Irene but-" Irene paused until the heavy silence lingered until Seulgi thought that Irene changed her mind about spilling her guts now. Maybe she realized that they still have a lot to talk about and so much to catch up on, not to mention that they are tired from their trip.

 

But to her surprise, Irene spoke again. Yet this time, her voice was shaky and the next words sounded like it was nothing but a whisper. 

 

One that Irene didn't intend Seulgi to hear yet she did.

 

One that sounded both like a confession and a secret.

 

"But I do not carry anything with me. Not my problems... or my name. I just have me, my present and this place."

 

Gingerly, Seulgi untangled herself from Irene's hold. She then cupped her jaw and softly a cheek that's red from the cold.

 

If anyone would describe Seulgi's eyes and smile right now, they would say that it's everything that's good in this world.

 

They were soft. Kind. Understanding. Warm. Reassuring. And an overflowing love and adoration for none other than Irene Bae.

 

Seulgi breathed deep before skimming her eyes on Irene's face. I love you I love you I love you.

 

"Now you have me," she whispered in return. Irene eyes fluttered close when Seulgi placed a kiss on her forehead.

 

Seulgi's throat were clogged when she spoke the next words, "And... and you can be anyone you want to be when you're with me. I'll spend every minute of my time to know each side of you. If you want to escape and breathe and just be you, remember that I will always be beside you."

 

Irene's eyes were moist with tears when she opened them and Seulgi took a few steps back when Irene tilted her head and kissed her without a warning. Startled, Seulgi took a few steps back until she could feel the cold metal railing digging on her back yet she used it to balance them both.

 

Fingers tightly cupping her jaw, Irene's kisses were fervent and rushed, a mix of teeth, tongue and lips. It almost felt painful until they both gasped for air.

 

Seulgi was still reeling from the kiss when Irene sighed and fixed her hair.

 

"I don't deserve you."

 

Seulgi chuckled before kissing her again, slower this time.

 

"I take it back," she whispered under the kiss.

 

Irene stopped kissing her and frowned, "What?"

 

"I take it back. I told you I'll spend time with each side of you but I don't think this deprecating Joohyun and I will get along well."

 

Irene was about to say something when she changed her mind and pushed her away instead. "Let's take a walk along the beach?"

 

"Now?"

 

"Uh huh. If you aren't too tired, that is."

 

Seulgi gave her an are you kidding me look before stepping inside and closing the foyer door. "You can use the bathroom first. I'll fix our things while you're at it."

 

Before going inside the bathroom, Irene sauntered towards her and pulled her into another long kiss. "I love you."

 

Seulgi couldn't keep the grin off her face even if the older has already shut the door and she dreamily sighed while taking out her necessities.

 

I love you.

 

How wonderful that sounds when it's from Irene. Her Irene.

 

She remembered what Irene's uncle told her and also that time Yeri confronted her. She knows that Irene is going through something and as much as she wants to pry, she wouldn't.

 

Instead of reminding her o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter