Unexpected Ally

Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her face was beyond ed.

It was what she thought (with the lack of kinder words) to describe what she looked 
like after crying for almost two hours. She couldn't even see anything properly as her monolid eyes were puffy as hell. 

Her face was also bloated. Her cheeks and nose red and her lips raw and sore from her continuous biting and nibbling while trying to control her sobs. Her hair was unkempt, reminiscent to her old hairstyle which was frizzy and dry and she could still taste the salt on her lips.

She knew she'd look like this after that and she was crazy to cry here instead of going home.

Seulgi was too busy fixing her frizzy hair that she didn't hear the footsteps getting closer and closer to where she stood.

"Nice one, Kang. That was quite a scene."

Seulgi jumped from shock and locked her eyes with the person's reflection, her eyes widening by the second.

She cursed mentally and immediately averted her gaze, quickly ducking her head and walking towards the exit.

A strong grip stopped her from getting away. She sighed and looked up, blinking away the tears that were threatening to fall once again. She was getting frustrated with herself and this person that she tried to pry her arms away. Her attempt of removing her grip was unsuccessful, earning a small giggle from the much stronger girl.

"Easy there, tiger or bear. Whatever."

It was obvious that she was being mocked based on her tone but with her strong grip, Seulgi couldn't run away from her.

"What is it that you want?" She said with her back still facing her.

"Say my name first," the girl teased. "Or else I'm telling Jisoo you're here."

Seulgi could only sigh and succumbed to the teasing, having no more energy to argue. "Let go of me, Joy."

The tall girl obliged. Seulgi really wanted to go home and sleep, but Joy apparently had other plans. Long legs quickly moved towards the door and locked it, securing that no one would disturb them or enter without notice.

The older girl knew that this avatar was a force to be reckoned with and with the day's event draining her, she only quietly looked at her, waiting for what would happen next.

After seconds of silence, Joy smiled and Seulgi couldn't read what it meant.

"You know," she started while looking at her green nails. "That's like the first time you called me by my name."

Seulgi moved towards the small sink and leaned on it. Crying really took a toll on her mental and physical state that she could feel the trembling of her muscles. 

"No. This was just the first time you were listening."

Joy shook her head and looked up, smiling. "Nah uh, honey. I swear. Oh wait,"

She saw her rummaging through her small bag. When Joy saw what she was looking for, she quickly threw it and shouted "Catch!"

Thankfully, Seulgi saw what it was and she was quick enough to catch the white hanky.

"You need that."

Seulgi muttered a small thank you and wiped her tears and sweat and snot.

"I'll return this to you once it's clean again."

"No worries, keep it or something..." Joy muttered something under her breath that Seulgi didn't quite catch.

"Pardon?" She asked, her heart thrummed for an unexpected reason. Was this a ploy? Help her and humiliate her after?

But Joy only shook her head and moved towards her again. This time, she was giving her a small make up pouch.

"Here," she said while eyeing Seulgi's poor stat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter