Deja vu

Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note:

 

Long chapter ahead (unedited so please let me know if I made mistakes and I'll correct them once I have time)

Trying to finish this before we'll start our second semester so I apologize in advance if this seemed rush and not planned well.

I hope you like this tho and I always appreciate it if you leave comments and votes :) thank you for patiently waiting! Sorry for the spacing. I edited this using my ipad since aff here isnt updated yet (is it just me or the new update ?)

P.S: (The end is near :))

 

//

 

When they entered Seulgi's room, Irene made herself comfortable on and Seulgi resumed studying. 

 

But with the presence of her girlfriend inside her room, her focus kept straying as she would glance at Irene once in a while. But Irene, sticking to her words, kept glaring at Seulgi everytime she caught her and/or hiss and throw something while telling her to focus.

 

Seulgi did it a few more times until Irene warned her that if she catch her looking again, she'll leave since she's being a distraction.

 

Scared that she'll really do it, Seulgi immersed herself in her notes and books until she didn't realize that Irene took her leave.

 

An odd scent reached her nose and Seulgi's stomach grumbled when she realized what it was. The door creaked so she turned her head to see Irene struggling to carry a tray. On it was two bowls or ramyeon, kimchi and a couple rolls of tuna and bulgogi ggimbap. She stood up to help her. 

 

"Thanks." Irene said before dashing towards the door and emerging a couple of minutes later with a pitcher of what looked like green tea.

 

Irene beamed at her. "The internet told me that it helps with concentration so I brought you some."

 

"Thank you,"

 

"NO! No, don't thank me. Reward me instead."

 

"A reward?" Seulgi grinned mischievously. "Do you think we're at that level yet?"

 

"Wha-" Then Irene's eyes widened before she burst out laughing. "What the , Seulgi?"

 

Seulgi shrugged before taking the tray and putting it precariously on the edge of the table as it was still littered with her things.

 

"Your brain has been fried. Thank God I'm here. Now reward my thoughtfulness with a few minutes of your time."

 

Then before she could ask, Irene tugged her arm and bashfully smiled. "Care to have dinner with me?"

 

"What if I say no?"

 

Irene huffed before pinching her arm.

 

"Ow!"

 

"You can't say no. I was just being polite. Now sit."

 

"This is child abuse, woman!"

 

The glare Irene sent her way made her shut up. The older started to tidy the table and gave Seulgi her things so it'll be safe in case there's spillage of broth or the food.

 

"Where will I sit?" Irene asked. Seulgi grinned and patted her thighs.

 

"Here!"

 

Irene ignored her and crouched a little to look for anything she could sit on. "Aha!"

 

She beamed when she reached for the folding chair under Seulgi's desk. She placed it beside Seulgi who pouted.

 

"I'm strong enough to support your weight," she grumbled underneath her breath.

 

Snickering, Irene sat on the chair and moved closer so that their arms are touching each other. Seulgi's silence prompted her to glance at the younger who was still sulking. She patted her cheeks and laughed. "Seulgi, are we on that level yet?"

 

She huffed and eyed the food infront of her. Seulgi almost choked on nothing when she saw the state of the egg on top of her ramyeon. The last memory of it while being an egg must be poor and very sad...

 

She threw Irene a side glance and saw that the older was looking at the same thing. Her ears, cheeks and neck were starting to be the same color as the red broth.

 

"Maybe you'd like... this? Mine is... I don't know." Moving her bowl of ramyeon, Irene was biting her lips in shame while Seulgi turned to the yolk on top.

 

The one on Irene's bowl was no different from hers...

 

No.

 

Hers was in a much better state than Irene's (which is why the older put it on her bowl instead of hers) because her egg- despite the yolk being broken and runny, it seemed edible. But the other one was... burnt- charred to a crisp. 

 

Biting down a giggle, Seulgi turned to Irene and smiled, one that was wide enough to hide her eyes and blindly picked her chopsticks to grab the piece of (very) fried egg on the older's plate. Seulgi said her thanks quietly and took a bite.

 

Whatever protest that was on Irene's lips disappeared the moment they heard a loud crunch- one that was harder than the (very) fried egg.

 

Their eyes met. However, if Seulgi's eyes was wide in fascination and amusement, Irene's eyes was bulging from horror.

 

Hand tightly gripping her cheeks, Irene squeezed it hard to force open.

 

"Oh my god! Open your mouth, Kang Seulgi!"

 

Seulgi protested and clamped shut. She continued to chew because despite the sandy texture of the egg shell she bit into awhile ago, it tasted fi-

 

Another crunch was heard and even it wasn't as loud as the first one, Seulgi couldn't help but grimace. An unusual flavor attacked her taste buds and she chewed the insides of her cheeks to stop herself from spitting it out. 

 

Letting the food go down seemed an impossible feat until she did it and forced herself to smile.

 

Seulgi's lips twitched at the still tingling buds.

 

"Rene, it's okay. It tastes gr- good. It's food." 

 

"It's too salty, isn't it? . I knew I poured a lot of it." Irene whispered but it was enough to reach Seulgi's ears.

 

No. Seulgi wanted to say.

 

It's sweet.

 

The egg was ing sweet and there were these little crunch from the shell of the egg and the granulated sugar that clumped together. 

 

And there was something bitter.

 

Yet, Seulgi didn't want to think about it anymore.

 

Deeming it a hazard for consumption, Irene silently made her drop her egg and put it on the tray. She also silently took a bite of the egg on Seulgi's bowl.

 

Seulgi thought that the egg was better than what she had since Irene resumed chewing slowly until the clang of metal chopsticks reached her ears.
 

It seemed like Irene's body took a screenshot as she paused longer than necessary.

 

"Oh my god."

 

Irene's face morphed something akin to disgust as she quickly reached for any plastic and spat the contents of . Wiping her tongue with a tissue, she faced Seulgi with the same horrified expression. 

 

"Seulgi, why is the egg sweet?" Her words were slightly muffled but Seulgi completely understood it as she asked the same thing.

 

"It is?"

 

Eyes flitting towards the egg, Irene shivered and closed her eyes. 

 

"I want you to take a bite of it once more to prove that you're a bad liar but I don't want you to go through that again."

 

Laughing, Seulgi picked up the two eggs using another plastic from the ggimbap and tied a knot on it. 

 

There.

 

Fried eggs are not meant to be desserts. Let alone be that sweet.

 

Seulgi showed the bag to Irene and grinned, "We love to put sugar on our rolled eggs, don't we?"

 

"Yes, but not that sweet! That's enough sugar to make dalgona! What the ."

 

Seulgi placed it on the tray and chuckled, head resting on Irene's shoulder. Soon, Irene's body shook as they both giggled nonstop.

 

"It's true that even gods have flaws because you're everything great but a cook."

 

Irene raised her head and stared straight to Seulgi's eyes. The distance between them was dizzying since it felt so long that they were in the same place, let alone be this close.

 

"I'm great?"

 

"Not in cooking, though."

 

"But I'm still great?"

 

Like falling into an endless void, deep brown orbs seemed to pull Seulgi closer and closer until they were only inches apart.

 

Yet, inches too far.

 

"You're everything that's great... and more. Much much more."

 

Almond eyes turning into crescents was the last thing Seulgi saw before plump lips occupied her own, making her close her eyes and pulled Irene closer.

 

Dinner be damned.

 

 

After they finished their meal, Irene volunteered to clean everything while Seulgi went back to studying. With her full stomach and heart content, Seulgi felt more focused to finish her review materials. The thought of Irene being with her and taking care of her while being so understanding would make her smile every now and then.

 

After awhile of studying, her brain has been fried more than Irene's fried egg and her lips and mouth were parched. Stiff from her position, Seulgi stood up to crack her back to alleviate some pain. There was a loud pop heard and immediately, she stiffened.

 

She waited for something to hit her or a loud voice telling her to stop doing it when none came. Seulgi frowned and turned around, eyes scanning her room.  She didn't see any trace of Irene and dread filled her when she thought that the older was too considerate of her studying that she didn't bother to say goodbye. 

 

She almost sighed but there was a distinct clinking of plates from downstairs, making her grin and remove any disappointment she felt awhile ago. Seulgi, before going down, cracked more of her joints until she was satisfied. After that, she went downstairs and found Irene inside their kitchen.

 

Irene's back was facing her as the older scrubbed the dishes clean. Her hands were gloved and she was humming to herself of an old song Seulgi isn't familiar with. Not wanting to disturb the older, Seulgi quietly leaned on the wall, eyes following her as Irene moved effortlessly inside the Kang's kitchen.

 

The sight made her want to take a photo and immortalize this contentedness inside her but her phone was on her desk and she didn't want to go back and miss everything. Instead, she closed her eyes and ingrained it inside her head, tucked it in her memory and safely locked it into one of her unforgettable moments.

 

And if Seulgi closed her eyes some more, she could imagine that this could also happen in the distant future, a time where Irene and her will have their own house and be so domestic with each other it'd be vomit inducing bit they wouldn't care because that's how they are.

 

"Why are you smiling like a creep?" Irene asked, pulling her out of her daydream. Seulgi peeled her eyes open and saw her looking while drying the bowls they used.

 

"Are you done? Do you want me to help you?"

 

Seulgi moved from where she was and reached for the cloth but Irene shook her head and continued the task herself.

 

"You should've asked me that awhile ago instead of staring."

 

"Sorry," Seulgi sheepishly smiled after she moved beside Irene. "I was just wondering."

 

"About what?"

 

If society will accept us both... if the ones we love will support us.. If we'll end up together. 

 

"If I was dreaming." Her smile was stiff, almost a little too blatant but Irene didn't notice it as she placed the dried plate on the rack.

 

Irene scoffed. "Why? Because you didn't expect me to know some house chores?"

 

The silence of Seulgi was answer in itself. Irene rolled her eyes and dried her hands after being done. "My grandma was obsessed with cleaning so I learned a few things from her. Also it's why Joy keeps on joking that I snort detergent and gargle fabric conditioners because I get high from it."

 

Seulgi once again almost choked on nothing. Irene chuckled while patting her back.

 

"Is it true?" She asked when she recovered and she almost sputtered again when Irene pushed her to the side.

 

"Yah!"

 

She giggled before pulling Irene back to her room. The older went straight to her bed while Seulgi took out her materials again. Irene was using her phone so the room was silent. It helped Seulgi focus so she became engrossed in reviewing that she didn't realize the time.

 

After a few hours of breaking her back, she swiveled using her computer chair and smiled when she saw Ire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter