Best Version of You

Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were both teeming with excitement as they made their way through the gallery. Seulgi was overwhelmed with what she saw especially she didn't really think she'd be here. Never would have she imagined herself standing inside the exhibit with Irene on its last day so it was both overwhelming and exciting.

 

She heard a small squeak so she stole a glance at the older and saw her with the same twinkle in her eyes as she gazed upon the map of the exhibit slash gallery. Upon seeing the childish shine in her eyes, Seulgi was sure she'd lay everything she has just to witness this Irene infront of her everyday.

 

Every. Single. ing. Day.

 

With overwhelming feelings, Seulgi would squeeze Irene's hand with every chance she'd get just to show her gratitude and it'll be exchanged with a beam and more stars in the older's eyes. 

 

And as they traversed the exhibit, she realizes that maybe every pain she endured was for this moment. 

 

Every tear, every ache of the heart, every yearning of her soul- those were miniscule compared to how she feels right now.

 

Irene is worth the pain and so so much more that... if there's a next life for the both of them, Seulgi will gladly go through all of those again just to make Irene beam this brightly. To feel this kind of feeling again. To have Irene in her arms again.

 

Because Irene is so ing beautiful when she looks so happy. The goddess like features were morphed into something softer and more mellow, her name fitting this version of her. Because with the inhibitions gone, Irene looks like a goddess of peace walking down a desolate place so that it can give hope and life and everything nice.

 

It was so far from the Bae Irene that their college knows of. There was still a trace of the old Irene but this beside her was Joohyun and Irene. Both mellow and soft and slightly jagged when she intimidated a man who blocked her view from a painting of a sunflower.

 

Irene Bae Joohyun.

 

Seulgi tasted the name in her lips and she smiled when it sent flutters in her stomach.

 

Irene Bae Joohyun was the best of both worlds and she fell in love with the two contrasting personalities of Irene Bae. She thought that she only liked the girl because she saw a different side of her inside that empty classroom. She made herself believe that Irene was Joohyun and Joohyun was not Irene.

 

But she realized that she was wrong because even when she could no longer see the person she spent her afternoons with in silence back in high school nor the girl who offered her a purple umbrella, Seulgi still came to love the Irene in college despite her jagged edges and sharp tongue.

 

Upon standing infront of an artwork of two people kissing under an umbrella which was fitting with its title "soulmate", Seulgi pondered on what was Irene in her life. Because Seulgi once claimed that Eunae was her soulmate and she still believes that. She believes that Jo Eun Ae knows her like the back of her hand and is attuned to her feelings that she can easily pinpoint what Seulgi was feeling. And it's amazing to have that kind of person in someone's life.

 

But Irene... what she have with Irene...

 

It's something greater. Something more beautiful and scary at the same time. Maybe it's like what Tris from Divergent felt like before jumping off that hole after she chose the Dauntless faction.

 

It's overwhelming and scary and she wasn't sure what will greet her at the bottom. Yet despite the fear, Tris and Seulgi chose to be both brave even with their scared hearts. When they thought the darkness and fear wouldn't end, they both felt something catch them at the bottom which made their hearts leap to their throat.

 

It was a net for Tris and Irene's love for Seulgi.

 

All of these she's saying... It may not make sense to some but Irene invokes so much emotion in Seulgi that everytime she's near, Seulgi feels like drowning and soaring and falling and losing breath while her lungs feel full all at once.

 

Because it's like that for Seulgi. When Irene said that it was Seulgi who grounded her... Irene was the opposite of that to Seulgi.

 

Despite the clashing emotions inside her, Seulgi still wouldn't mind to wake up every morning and sleep every night with Irene by her side or knowing that Irene is hers and they both share something extraordinary.

 

Yes, Seulgi is madly and utterly inlove with Bae Irene.

 

Whether that's a good things or not... she doesn't want to find out. Not now. Not yet.

 

Not when Seulgi was finally  happy.

 

With the sudden thoughts inside her head, Seulgi involuntarily pulled Irene closer by the waist and placed a chaste kiss on the side of her head. Irene stiffened in her hold which and furrowed her brow. 

 

Irene paused for a moment, taken aback at the gesture and looked at Seulgi with question in her eyes.

 

"What's that for?" She asked.

 

"Hm?" Seulgi, still lost in thought asked, "Which one?"

 

"That... That! What was that?"

 

Oh.

 

Seulgi thought that the older didn't like what she did so she stopped from walking and faced her. The words of apology almost escaped her lips but then she saw the red cheeks and eyes twinkling in delight. Seulgi ducked her head and sheepishly smiled, ashamed of the unconscious act.

 

"I-I didn't know I did that."

 

Irene nudged her to make her look up. "Yah, Kang Seulgi! What was that?"

 

With a blushing cheeks, she repeated lowly, "A kiss? On the side of your head?"

 

"I know," then Irene grinned.

 

"Then why are you asking?"

 

"Do it again."

 

"What?"

 

Irene's smile grew bigger and she jumped a little so she can thread her hands on her nape and pull her closer. Their faces were inches apart and Seulgi couldn't help but gulp at Irene's beauty.

 

"Do it again, Seulgi-ah."

 

"Do what what again?" She teased which slowly erased Irene's smile.

 

Pouting, Irene was still holding on to her when she jumped with each word.

 

"That! Kiss! Forehead! Again!"

 

"Okay, okay! You're pulling my hair! And stop jumping!"

 

Irene let her go and dragged her to a quiet corner. Seulgi chuckled but stepped closer to Irene's awaiting face. She suddenly had an idea so she cupped Irene's face and peppered her with kisses. She kissed every part of her face but not the lips which made the older stomp her feet.

 

She took a step back and grinned when she saw the pouting lips. "I'm done."

 

"I told you to do it again!"

 

"I did!"

 

"You didn't! You missed a spot!"

 

"Where?"

 

With her finger, Irene leaned closer to her and pointed at her lips. "Here!"

 

"Oh?" Seulgi tilted her head and frowned, "I missed that?"

 

"Yes! It's the most important part!"

 

Seulgi looked around before pecking Irene's lips. "There."

 

"No," Irene held her hoodie and pulled her impossibly closer. As Irene's eyes fluttered close, she whispered near her lips, "More, please."

 

Seulgi happily complied while being mindful of their surroundings. But when Irene slowly and lightl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter