Trouble

Attention
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi has a secret.

A secret so deep that not even her close friend- Jisoo knew about it despite treating her like her own family. She wanted to keep it as that for as long as she could.

Seulgi eyed the person infront of her who was slightly panting. A small sheen of sweat covered her exposed face, neck, arms and abdomen. The crop top fell below her sports bra, exposing the toned stomach and abs, moving up and down while the woman took big gulps of breath.

The person infront of her was y, alluring and mysterious. Her half-lidded eyes were also eyeing her, looking at her as if she was a a specimen to be studied. A stranger in her eyes.

But they were far from being one. She knew the woman infront of her too well. At the same time she doesn't.

She was just dancing when she appeared infront of her. She was fierce, y and confident. A smirk was playing on her lips while moving to the rhythm of the song.

It was weird because Seulgi knows her. In fact she sees her everyday when she goes to the bathroom to wash her face and stare at her self for a long time. Her reflection looks back at her with the same monolid eyes but it was different when she's dancing.

Once she closes her eyes as the first beat or sound comes through the speakers, she becomes different. Every quirks and traits that normal Seulgi wasn't became who she is while moving to the beat.

The moment the first note resonates inside the room, it's euphoria and she basks in its full glory. She becomes momentarily happy of who she was and what she could offer, forgetting that awkward and boring Seulgi outside these walls.

It may be shortlived and fleeting but gods, she cherish those moments with her heart. She tucks them deep and holds them close. That when she's sad and lost, she knew there'll be a place safe for her to return where she's free to express who she was and what she's feeling.

The sensation of being free and fierce may be limited for her but it makes her giddy and grin like a child who got praised for being good the first time.

Dancing makes her happy and free. And that's all what matters to her. Her momentary happiness.


Seulgi closed her eyes for a moment and breathed deep. When her chest started to hurt, she exhaled through and smiled at the feeling of contentment coursing through her.

She just took some steam off inside the dance studio before returning to the plain and awkward Seulgi outside this room.

She averted her gaze from her reflection and went to the side, picking up her water bottle and gulping the cold liquid, soothing her parched lips and dry throat. She was still slightly panting from the moves she did. Her routine for today was more complex in order for her to remove her thoughts that's been gnawing on her and the nerves that made her body ache to dance. 

She discarded the crop top and jogger pants and stuffed them inside her bag rather clumsily while changing back to her usual clothes. Seulgi was back with her baggy top and denim pants with her converse sneakers. It was her everyday get up when she's going to school or everywhere she goes.

She looked at her reflection again. Seulgi no longer saw a trace of the fierce woman awhile ago nor her y attitude.

She appeared when the music started and vanished when the music stopped.

She sadly smiled while staring at herself.

The quiet one.

The shy one.

The boring one.

The wallflower.

She only saw Seulgi Kang, a fourth year architecture major with no special traits that would make her stand out and or wasn't even pretty to be noticed by the majority.

Her watched beeped and she was pulled from her stupor and cursed under her breath for not noticing the time. She picked up her things and peeked outside the door. Seeing that no one was around, she quickly turned off the lights and dashed to her building which was two buildings away from where the dance studio was situated.

Seulgi was out of breath when she reached their building and she almost tripped on her way to her room on the third floor.

Thankfully she regained her balance before falling face flat on the cemented floor. Thank gods, she muttered because it might be too much of a scene for the start of her fourth year in college.

She heard snickers infront of her and when she looked at the group, she wanted to roll her eyes until it reaches the back of her skull.

But it would be suicide if she did and she didn't want to die yet. So she looked down and sighed.

It was no other than Irene's group that was looking at her. Joy, Jennie, Krystal, Tzuyu and Irene. They were all beautiful, there was no doubt about that. Joy and Krystal were from her department, the College of Arts, Tzuyu and Irene were from the College of Health Sciences, and Jennie was from the College of Business and Finance.

Since they were all graduating students, it was odd to see them in their building which was far from their designated ones. Shouldn't they be inside their own rooms and listening to a different subject or reviewing for the boards or something?

However, being in the same college as the five of them for almost four years, she knew that no one would stop them from doing what they want. They could even sit inside a room, listen to a subject they weren't enrolled in and participate just as much because they wanted to and no one would tell them to go out and screw themselves.

The five despite their appearance, weren't the typical es who roam the school as if it was theirs. They're nice... to some extent and people. All of them excel in their courses, joins pageants here and there, debates, etc.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter