Healer

Healer

  

Hearing the name they gave me "A Healer?" I asked, what in the world of sick jokes is this?

But they were serious

This was definitely not a joke to them

Ravn put his sword down on the table, and soon everyone else followed. With the touch of all their swords put together, the table glowed. With each end of a sword, a sign flashed, glowing, indicating its presence and power. An incredible yet unexplained aura filled the room, as if the table had a soul of its own.

Ravn looked up "Years ago, our Six Kingdoms were united and thriving" ... "Our grandparents and parents before us ruled these Six Kingdoms with justice. Our people were happy and safe" his voice was of sorrow and regret, something made me feel he was describing something that no longer exists, something lost or gone

"We were strong and very ... different" ... "We had magic" 

Not only that I heard the word Healer but now Magic?

"We used it purely for good, no one other than few chosen people were allowed to unveil its secrets but we got betrayed" ...

"The betrayal was way deeper than we thought and effected our Kingdoms tremendously. Someone opened Pandora's box and released pure Evil in this world" Ravn stopped for a second looking up to glance at the sad faces of his friends around him.  

"What kind of Evil?" I asked 

"Monsters, witches, dark magic ... killed our people, our families, our friends, burnt down our Six Kingdoms, killed our crops, filtered our water and took our loved ones" and he stopped at that sentence *Took our loved ones* I wondered

"And that's why we ran to this place, the 7th Kingdom, helping as many people as we can, protecting them from the dark that's living beyond the walls of this castle and fighting every single day to get back what once was ours

"You've met most if us" he said "Keonhee will be here in a minute, you'll meet him later"

Oh right, the one with the weird complexion 

 

I took a deep breath, this place, this story ... these boys, seemed to have gone through a lot but what does it have to do with me?

"Why am I a Healer? ... What's a Healer in the first place?"

A sad smile formed on Ravn's face "Among the few people we trusted back then, some of them had magic in them, they used it to help others, cure the sick, relieve the pain, even talk to animals ... grow trees, save plants, they were magical but the night we got crossed over, She, killed all of them, every single one" 

"A massacre" Hwanwoong exclaimed he was baring the heaviest heart of all "They were my people, my Kingdom was famous for people born with magic, only a few of us are left"

"But for years, there was a rumor" Ravn continued "Few days before the big betrayal, a baby was born, knowing of their fate, the baby's parents hid the baby away, somewhere that no one will ever be able to find or hurt"

All eyes on me 

"A baby of a Healer's blood," Hwanwoong said walking over to me "With magic inside your veins" staring at me as if he has just found a treasure that was lost for so long. 

I stepped back "No, no" I shocked on my own breaths ..." I'm not who you think I am, you got the wrong  person ... I-I have no magic in me ... I-I'm a nobody" 

"Please," Hwanwoong said looking at me with pleading eyes "Think about it? The day you were taken to that world, did someone tell you about a storm? The noise of Thunder?" 

My eyes widened "H-how did you ...?"

"That's how they brought you there, that's how We descended in your world, it's a portal" Hwanwoong taking closer steps towards me "Your magic might not work on Earth but it might work here ... We took a long shot at descending there, we never thought that we would actually find you"

"All we heard were rumors," Leedo said, his voice deep "I voted against it, I never thought that it's worth our time and effort, we were followed and Xion got hurt"

Oh right, the purple-haired guy, Xion, was hurt. I looked in his direction 

"I'm fine" 

I'm hearing his voice for the first time, so calm so ... young

He looked up at me with a smile "We understand that this is a lot for you to understand but all we are asking is to give us a chance" he said

"Give yourself a chance" Ravn suddenly said "Maybe you'll discover so much more about yourself and where you come from, maybe you'll discover the magic within you, and we will keep you safe" 

"You have a Valkyrie's word"

I looked away not wanting to believe what I was told "My parents ..." I gasped "Did they ... are they alive?" I asked, Hwanwoong gave me a long sad stare before shaking his head 

"I'm sorry," he said "None of the Healers did" 

"But they fought hard," Seoho said "They fought by our side until the end, they gave their lives to the Kingdoms, to their Homes"

Deep down, I knew it

A new chapter of my life was about to be written 

Will I make it?

Is this place really ... my Home?