3rd Kingdom - Crafts

Healer

  

 

Seoho left in a hurry following Xion's steps. They were here, they just got back. Seoho said that they went to take care of something that came up that morning, I didn't ask much at the time but it looked serious and I just followed them outside.

From the courtyard you can see the big high walls surrounding the castle and the main doors slightly opening letting the three Valkyrie in. The three of them wearing their armors marked with the red velvet colour and gold embroidery. Ravn came in followed by Leedo while Keonhee just trailed behind them, his steps so slow.
 

Their faces ashy covered with dirt and blood. 

Ravn'a green hair fell on his eyes, his expressions unreadable, Leedo walking in with his sword in his hand and a cold face while Keonhee's eyes were locked to the ground. Something has happened for sure ... something Bad has happened it's written all over their faces.

As they walked in, the people of the small community greeted them, feeling relieved to have them back safe but something didn't add up. Seoho and Xion met them halfway, I glaced up my right side as I felt a weird presence, it was Hwanwoong. I didn't even ask when the other joined us knowing that he can teleport himself anywhere. 

Ravn, followed by the rest, made his way to the Throne room. He literally threw his gear across the room so violently. I took a step back, I wasn't even sure if the other realised I was in the room, he was so angry. He put his fists to the table hitting it a few times and everyone could feel the rage coming out of him.

Xion approached Leedo, the other with his sword in front of him, his mind was elsewhere

"What happened?" I could hear Xion whisper 

"It was a kid, not over 14 years old, he stumbled into a wear wolf and he turned ... he killed over a dozen people, we had to put him down" Leedo said

A Wear wolf?

It was my first time hearing him speaking so gently, his voice rather sad "We couldn't find the source" 

Xion's eyes looked away, everyone so frustrated.

Keonhee was standing in that far away corner again, in the dark shadow of the room and I swear his eyes were glowing Red flashing in the dark. 

"I have to go" Keonhee suddenly muttered slowly leaving the room and as he walked, I glanced at his back ... a huge scar pierced through his armor I gasped

"You're hurt" I suddenly pointed making everyone looking at my direction. Keonhee stopped in his trails and glanced over to me

"What are you going to do about it?" He asked, his voice so cold and I felt useless as he continued walking through the main doors. I felt like I lost my breaths, he was right, there was nothing I could do I'm just here for a reason that I can't understand and pointing out their wounds and pain doesn't help.

I could see Seoho giving me a sad smile before I decided to leave the room myself. What good will I bring standing here doing nothing?

What am I even doing here

I went back to the courtayrd casually walking here and there, I didn't want to go back for the moment. They had more important matters to attend, matters that I didn't understand. I asked myself over and over why am I here? Wouldn't it be better if I just go back home? At least there, I wasn't doing no one any harm and no good either.

I was walking for some time going in and about the port and I could see the way the sky was changing and turning grey, the clouds gathering and the wind suddenly changing heat. I walked back to the castle knowing that Seoho's predictions were right ... a strom was coming. 

On my way in, I saw Leedo passing by so I stopped for a while not sure if I should give him any attention because for now, I wasn't so sure about what I was doing here ... was I ever going to find out if I belong to this place?

He glanced up, our eyes briefly met but he quickly turned away "I understand I scare you" he quietly said "I won't bother you my Lady, I'll just go on my way"

But I wasn't afraid anymore, "No" I stopped him "I'm not afarid of you. I was at first, but I can see that you're appearences has nothing to do with who you are" he stared at me with those deep hazel eyes for what seemed like forever, maybe he couldn't find a response to my words? Was I too direct? 

Then I noticed the armor in his hand and it wasn't his own.

"It's Keonhee's" he said as if he was answering the questions inside my head, "It pireced right through his armor so I'm going to fix it for him"

"You can do that?"

I saw his side smile for the first time, "Sure" I almost blushed ... did I?

"D-do you need a hand?"

"Not really, but you can come along if you want"

I followed him.

To the basement

The stairs seemed like they had no end but as soon as we arrived, I couldn't keep my eyes off the things they kept in there. Gear, carving machines, swords, bows and arrows, some looked old other looked new, others just so ... pretty. 

Leedo set near the harsh looking wooden table at the corner and put down the armor. He reached for some tools and was still figuring out his way around the item between his hand. I sat on the chair across him and just watched. I had a million question but wouldn't dare to ask but I guess he already knew that 

"Please forgive Keonhee, he's not the social type" 

"I noticed" I scoffed and it made him laugh "He means well" he continued, then he put everything down, a sad expression in his eyes 

"We didn't have much magic going on in my Kingdom" he suddenly confessed "We used our bare hands to survive" ... "We built weapons, ships, machines and so much more ... that was our main strenghth, we provided all the other Kingdoms with everything they needed" ... "We were the industrial part so we were not very special"

He looks up at me "But Keonhee's Kingdom was ... the first line of defense. They were warriors, best of the best, knights roaming around keeping us all safe, the strongest ones is terms of weaponry and warriors" ... "Their Kalvarie was ... so strong and Keonhee, was actually, their Leader"

My eyes widened, this is my first time anyone has told me anything about the 4th Kingdom "If they were so strong then how did they fall?" the one question that I had in my mind

"They used something stronger ... darker. They used dark magic" he said "They manipulated us and released monsters among the people, werewolves, vampires, shifters ... the scary ones" ... "They never existed before, they were myths living in horror stories we used to tell children and they put them to life, like a curse they put a spell on them and suddenly ... everyone started devouring everyone, one person would bite another person would turn another person and in the end, Keonhee was fighting his own people, putting them down ... one by one"

I clutched the fabric around my dress, why does this story makes me feel so afraid. He killed his own people to ... save them? What kind of destiny is that?

"During the battle, he was bitten too ... twice actually, a Vampire and a Werewolf. When we got there we thought he was dead but he turned into something else, he was never the Keonhee we knew"

"Ravn made sure he lived" ... "For the few first weeks, Keonhee begged us to kill him, to put him down too, he couldn't control himself, his thirst for ... blood"

"Ravn gave him his own" ... "Ravn gave him his own blood until he learned how to hold back"

"More than anyone else ... Keonhee wants to see your powers lit up so you can ... fix him"