Experiment

Healer

    

 

Overwhelmed with the stories I have just heard, I asked to be left alone for sla while.  I needed some time to figure things out, my head just couldn't grasp it all,l. I was in desperate need for air, I needed to clear my head.
 

I went back to the room where I woke up. I guess it's mine now. I sat on the big fluffy bed and looked down to my hands "I am a Healer?" at least now I know where I come from, at least now I have a glimpse of the answers to the questions I asked myself for so long. Now I know why I was so different, so alone all of my life.

I wanted to meet them, maybe thank them for keeping me safe but I also wanted to scream. 

Why did you leave me alone?

I was there for about an hour until I heard a faint knock on my door, I didn't have the time to clear up the mess I was in before the door was opened revealing the purple-haired fairy-like boy "Xion" I stood up facing him "Sorry" he apologized, "We are not used to having ladies around, perhaps I should have waited for your signal to enter"

Somehow, he dragged a chuckle out of me "It's okay" I said suddenly remembering his injuries "Are you okay? You were hurt" 

"Nothing I haven't been through already my lady, you don't have to worry about me" 

He was just ... so young

"How old are you?" I frowned, feeling so much sympathy for the younger "17" he said, "Is that a problem" He asked and I shook my head

"You're too young" I said socked

"You can say I'm mature for my age" he stopped "Plus, time in your world and time in my world are very much different" 

"How's that?"

"Let's say, if I lived on your Earth, I would be around 170 years old by now," he said rather amused by the number and I was speechless, a place where time and space didn't match the ones I knew, how will I survive here? 

"Please," he said getting closer, "We don't need you to worry about unnecessary things ... here" he walked few steps back dragging in a wooden box "Your clothes are ... "

Eyeing me from head to toe

"Different," he said "We want you to be comfortable so we gathered everything we could find ... everything we thought could be useful at least" he pouted rather embarrassed "As I said, we are not used to having a Lady around, excuse our ignorance" 

He was so ... gentle, polite and no matter how old he said he was, he's just so ... cute. A little boy.

I smiled, "Thank you"

"You can come and join us in the courtyard whenever you feel like it, we are ... doing some chores, you can just be around ... get some air," he said before retrieving but there was something I had to ask "Xion, wait" I stopped him in his trails, "You say I'm a Healer, can I treat your wounds?

He gave me a not so sure look "I don't know what to do" I tried to be honest "Maybe I can ... How did the other Healers do it?"

He gave me a sad smile "It was something that they were born with, usually they would touch something and their hands would glow up"

glow? My hands?

"And slowly ... I can't explain it my Lady it's ... magical," he said, his eyes lingering somewhere behind the floor tiles probably remembering how things used to be in the past, a past I had no records of, but sounded so nice.

"Do you think I can try?" I looked down at my hands "I want to help you but ... " 

With no hesitation, he nodded, literally sacrificing himself for an experiment. Can I really Heal him? I have never considered myself to be a doctor or a nurse not to mention this.
 

The moment I saw Xion's wounds hidden under his shirt and armor I gasped, how can he still be standing, talking, and walking with these scars on his left side "I'm sorry for the view" he said looking away, I swallowed hard and reached my hands to touch him, I didn't want to hurt him, I didn't want to make it worse, I was afraid and yet I wanted to know if I could do it. I closed my eyes, Xion didn't even flinch. Why did he trust me this much?

But nothing happened 

I looked down at my hands again rolling my fingers in the thin air, still, nothing happened. I sighed in disappointment, Xion covered his wounds and faced me "It's okay, I'm sure you'll find your way through your gifts, it's in you" 

He said before he left, leaving me with endless questions and with a box filled with medieval dresses and gowns 

Pretty but old fashioned 

These boys definitely didn't know anything about girls, there's only dresses, shoes, and jewelry

I laughed at how imbecile their minds seemed to be, and I wondered what they were doing in the courtyard