6th Kingdom - Fire

Healer

   

 

After walking for hours among the people of the village, my heart was heavy. Seeing them so volunrable yet so full of hope, so happy with the little things they've got. I looked up at the sky, the sun almost setting. Was it the same sky? The same sun? The same moon as earth? I wondered. 

To my surprise, I started to miss home, my little heaven, the bubble I created for myself. This place ... these people, the stories they are telling me, they are much bigger than me, than anything I have ever experienced.

I waved the little girls goodbye as I walked toward the big walls of the castle again. Why is it so empty though? This castle is too big but everyone is living in the small cottages outside, no one is here other than the six Valkyrie? 

As I struggled to push the throne door open, I wondered how Seoho opened this door earlier like it was made of air, it's ... so ... freaking ... heavy. I heaved a sigh as I finally pushed it open sneaking inside making a fool out of myself when I found Leedo staring right at me with his *What are you doing?* looks, giving me a smirk amused by my struggle.

I cleared my throat as I walked towards him. Thinking about it now, we have never had a proper conversation, I mean Leedo and I

"How do you like the place?" he asked out of nowehere, his voice deep and ... scary. He was tall and really well built, getting closer to him now I could see the scars around his arms and hands, his eyes focused and I stumbled on my steps "O-okay" I answered and he knew ... I was afraid of him. He looked away analyze "Seoho and the others should be here soon, you can wait here if you want" 

It was the last thing he said before he turned his back at me, staring at the large windows and glancing at the people coming and going while preparing for the night that was about to fall. I stared at his back for too long that I started to feel uncomfortable.
He is scary, I thought to myself.
Then I remembered the little girls talking about how nice he was with them. 
 

If little 5 years old girls think he's too nice and sweet then why should I be scared? 

Soon, the door was pushed open, how do they do that? It's so freaking heavy 

Ravn followed by the rest came in, flashing me smiles as they entered. I realised I was sitting on his chair so I got up immediatey "I heard you had a busy afternoon" he said putting the gear he had in his hand on the floor

 "Yeah it was ... okay" I wish I could say everything I was thinking, all the questions I had. With the corner of my eye I could see Xion walking over to Leedo standing by his side, next to the window, they were talking quietly.

Putting his gear down, Ravn took his place on the round table "Guys I need reports" he half screamed across the table gathering everyone else's attention and they effortlessly came closer taking their places, but there was one chair that remained empty again. 

I stood on Ravn's right side, between him and Seoho while Leedo was on the left side. 

"Water tanks are all full, it should get us through for few days" Seoho said, he's so charming

"Food supplies look okay as well, ships are safe in harbor" Hwanwoong said 

Suddenly Ravn looked behind his left shoulder "Keonhee?" he called "Anything to report?" 

Who was he talking to? 

I looked behind myself, the realization of his presence made me shiver 

When did he even come in? 

From the far corner, he emerged, the one with the weird complexion ... he's different 

Eyes reddish, skin too pale for a normal person and just ... different for some reason  

He wasn't taking his place on the round table, was he even a Valkyrie? When I asked earlier no one gave me an answer 

Walking closer, I almost swear that his skin started to glow when it hit the sunlight coming through the windows. He was tall, fair and slim.
Eyes half open as if he was in a haze and before I could even signal my rain to make any actions, I realised ... he was walking towards me.

 

My eyes suddenly widened, the aura around him was just too intimidating I took few steps back almost colliding into Seoho. Ravn stood up, so did everyone else

"Keonhee" Ravn hissed "Stop"

"So this is the one?" his voice wasn't scary at all but his composure, his level of confidence, the intense look in his eyes ... his eyes.

At this point, Seoho was behind me, he didn't stop me nor did he stop the other. Keonhee eyed me top to bottom

"I really hope it works" he whispered before he retreated looking back at Ravn "Boarders are secured ... for now" he said before walking back into the shadows of the room's corner where he originally was standing.

My heart skipped a beat, I felt burdned. Suddenly everybody is expecting me to grow some powers and everyone think I have it except for me. Ravn sighed "Xion, our guest to her room, it's been a long day, please take some rest my Lady" 

I could see that Ravn's attempt was to get me out of the throne room, everyone saw how scared I was. Xion came to my side and I let out a breath I was holding before I started trailing behind the younger. The moment the door closed behind both of us, I could hear them talking again "Please don't be afraid" Xion said, his voice suddenly sounding sad "We all have a story to tell, some are harder than others, he didn't mean to scare you" 

I nodded, my thoughts were still tip toeing around what just happened. Xion opened the door to my room ... so it's my room now? 

"Do you mind if I come in for some time my Lady?" he asked and no I didn't mind. He took few steps inside "How's your wound?" I asked 

"Much better thank you for asking" he smiled, the younger was sweet, I could see the way the others cherished and cared for him, maybe because of his young age or cute appearence or his purple glowly hair but even I can sense how sincere he was, just too innocent to be thrown in the middle of whatever they were discussing in that room right now. 

"Let me light up the fire place for you" he said

"It's not that cold it's ok-" but before I could even finish my sentence Xion waved his hand to the fire place and fire just .. Lit up.

Looking at what just happened, I stared for some time then I looked back at him "6th Kingdom ... Fire" he said ... Oh right ... born with magic in him. The 2nd son of the 6th Kingdom "Yeah" I said shaking my head "I heard"

"I know it's a lot to take in, it's just your first day" his eyes apologetic "I just wanted to talk to you about Leedo" he suddenly brought the other up "Please don't be fooled by his appearence or his deep voice ... he's not scary at all" 

I already knew that Keonhee was now the one I'm fearing the most, but Why is he defending Leedo?

"You may not know this but he's the sweetest person ever, little children worship him here, he's too good with them and he ... saved my life" 

"I know, many people around the village told me that but ... how exactly did he save you?"

Xion was silent for some time "When the Evil reached my Kingdom, we already knew what we were up against. My Kingdom was the last to fall, we fought until the very last breath of fire we had ... and I died ... almost died if it wasn't for him" ... "When everything was burnt down, we escaped to the woods and my powers" ... Xion looked down at his hands turning them into fists "My fire was gone, I was wounded with their dark arrows, poisoned with whatever potions they mixed inside of me and lost it. I couldn't defend anyone anymore" ... "My parents, my family, my ... brother"

The 1st son of the 6th Kingdom ... I remembered 

"Leedo found me, fought his way with his sword while dragging my corpse around" ... "I still can't believe I'm alive" 

"What happened to your brother?"

I know it was bold of me to ask but I just ... couldn't help myself 

"My brother" he looked up at me "My twin" he trailed with the sad smile, "I was born with a gift, he wasn't, we were close" suddenly that sad smile vanished "I was supposed to protect him but they took him away" 

I cursed myself for asking ... what kind of story was this?

"But I know he's alive" he looked up and I saw the sparkle in his eyes once again "Because if he was dead I would know ... we are twins afterall" ... "And I will find him"

I smiled 

The things this boy went through

"Please don't be so hard on Leedo, he's the reason I'm alive"

I nodded "I won't" ... "It's Keonhee who's scaring me now" I said, maybe I shouldn't have, his eyes longed somewhere else 

"That's a story for another day my Lady, you should rest"

Maybe I should stop asking questions 

I have a feeling that the more stories I hear the more I want to stay and help but how?

Just how will these *Gifts* work?

I watched as Xion left the room, it's getting warm in here thanks to him but colder on the inside.