Building Up

Healer

  

 

The moment we got to the castle, we were in the Throne room, Xion holding his brother in his arms sitting on the ground just the way they were in the forest whilst the others and I surrounded them with Keonhee still holding the injured Yonghoon. The reunion was overwhelming, I silently shed my tears clutching into Hwanwoong's arm, hiding my face behind his back. This was so sudden and so surreal, no one expected them to suddenly come back, it was like a miracle day.

Dongmyeong wouldn't let go of his twin even when he was feeling so weak. Breathless, he clutched around Xion's armor so tight and I have never felt the Throne room this warm before. Xion's gifts were acting out of emotions, I'm not even sure if he's still controlling them or not, he almost burnt out the entire forest fearing that he has lost his brother or maybe he made it warm because that's how he was feeling like now that Dongmyeong is in his arms.

Keonhee made Yonghoon sit on one of the chairs surrounding the round table, his wound was still bleeding and the cut was a bit deep. Trying to even his breaths, Yonghoon looked up, finally getting a closer look at Keonhee "You look different" he said, Keonhee chuckled "Look who's talking" he answered playfully without giving him a straight answer. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand when Keonhee came by my side "Can you do something about his wound?" he asked me gently with a low voice, I could feel that he felt so much for the other, even though I have never met him, they seem to have a history together. I nodded and walked over to Yonghoon who was sitting on the chair, his hands bloody trying to keep the pressure on his own injury. 

I kneeled in front of him "Let me help" I said 

He was hesitant, looking at Keonhee who showed him nothing but an "it's okay" look 

And I did my magic ... my hands glowing at the touch of his open wound 

It seemed to hurt a little, he leaned his head back and painfully suppressed a groan 

The wound was gone but it left a scar on his skin and he looked tried 

"You're a Healer," he said between his breaths 

I nodded "I'm still new to this ... I'm trying to be"

He didn't seem to care he just urged looking back at Xion and Dongmyeong "We have been locked up for so long, he has been sick for some time, I don't know exactly what's wrong with him but he's just not doing so well ... can you please look out for him ?" 

Looking at the two brothers myself, I nodded "Sure" 

Soon, Xion looked up to find everyone surrounding him and Dongmyeong. Leedo kneeling on one knee by his side not disturbing him but ready if the other ever needed anything, Ravn and Seoho like guardian angels just stood on both sides, Keonhee standing few feet away by Yonghoon while Hwanwoong and I were right at the back. Looking down at his embrace, Xion could feel his brother growing weak, he held him even closer "Dongmyeong let me look at you" he whispered down to his brother who didn't seem to want to move from his spot "Please?" Xion pledged and the boy in his arms shifted looking up at his twin. With his warm hand, Xion cupped his twin's face "It's good to see you" he said tears still going down his face.

"Xion ?" Leedo softly called right behind him, still kneeling on one knee "Let me take him inside ?" 

Giving him permission to hold his brother instead, Leedo picked the much lighter boy in his arms and immediately walked out of the Throne room. Yonghoon gave up his seat immediately trying to follow us, me and Hwanwoong included, but was stopped by Keonhee "Take it easy" he said 

"I can't leave him alone" 

"He's not alone, he's with his family, he's safe here" ... "I know it's not the right time but we need to talk about a few things"

Looking behind himself, Yonghoon saw Ravn and Seoho standing, they put down their swords, and again, they introduced themselves "I'm Ravn, son of the 1st Kingdom, this is Seoho son of the 2nd Kingdom and you already know Keonhee ... you need to tell us what happened" 

Yonghoon sat back on the chair, looking around himself "What is this place ?" 

"The 7th Kingdom, after the other 6 Kingdoms have fallen we built a new one that united whatever has left" Ravn explained "Now you talk"

Yonghoon sighed looking back at Keonheen who was standing right behind him with his cold expressions but nothing indicated that he was in danger, after all, they needed information and he was more than willing to give it to them "I'm Yonghoon a member of the 4th Kingdom and a Kalverie" with his words being said Ravn raised an eyebrow at Keonhee who nodded confirming the other's words "My team and I were sent as an extraction unit to help the 6th Kingdom or whatever was left from it" flashbacks were going through Yonghoon's mind like a river "Many of us lost their lives before we could even make it to the Castle" ... "And we assumed everyone inside was already dead" ... "There was fire and smoke everywhere so we followed the enemy and that's how I found Dongmeyong, surrounded by fire" ... "But before we could make it out alive we were captured by Hwasa's monsters" ... "I didn't know that she wanted the boy alive, hell I didn't even know he was a monarch until she said he was" ... "She said that we could come handy to her so she kept us ... she kept mostly Dongmyeong but me well, she kept me for my good looks" 

Smiling his last words to Ravn, Seoho looked away "I really much doubt that" he scoffed "I know where she's based, I know how to get there, I know few things about how to put an end to her monsters, I wasn't just a pretty boy you know? I put my good looks to good use you" Yonghoon confidently continued with that smirk still on his face. 

"I know Yonghoon" Keonhee suddenly sounds soft "He was ... under my command, his team members were good people, good soldiers, if a Kalvarie said he can be of use then I trust him"

It's really rare to see Keonhee with such confidence in his eyes, it's been so long since Ravn or anyone else for the matter has ever seen this side of Keonhee and Ravn knew better to trust his words "Okay then" the oldest said "I will need everything you know, no matter how small or unimportant it may sound" ... "Get cleaned up, and find him an armor, give the Kalverie back his sword" with that being said Ravn exited the room leaving the other three behind

"What?" Yonghoon said when he noticed that Seoho was still giving him the looks "I told you I'm good looking" Seoho scoffed "Don't be too full of yourself now" Yonghoon smirked at Seoho's words watching as the others found their way out of the room. Once Keonhee and Yonghoon were alone, Yonghoon found it the right time to ask the questions he wanted to ask too "You look different .." but before he could even finish what was on his mind Keonhee stopped him

"The only people who survived the fall from our Kingdom is you and I, there's no 4th Kingdom anymore, I was bitten by both a vampire and a werewolf, I had to live as one of Hwasa's monsters for so long, surviving on their blood until we found the Healer, I'm no longer thirsty for blood but I will never be human again" Stopping for a second before looking back at Yonghoon who was totally taken back "I guess that answers your main questions, the rest you can speculate by yourself" ... "You can go now"

But he didn't leave, he needed some time to take in what the other just told him. Looking around, Yonghoon could finally put some meaning to all the questions he had all this time. At least, they are still here, they are still fighting, half-monster or not, Keonhee was and still his commander in charge, they were the last survivors, their Kingdom is no longer there but he passed the grieving time a long time ago. He needed to focus, help them get the revenge he longed for all this time, for his Kingdom, for his people, for the friends and family he lost. He was ready to pick his sword back. Somebody give the Kalverie his sword back

On the other side of the Castle, Leedo gently put Dongmeyong on Xion's bed. Dongmeyong could hardly move, the younger clutching to his twin like dear life. They have just found each other, nobody expected such a thing to happen so suddenly. Dongmyeong looked weak, Yonghood did say something about him being sick for some time now and I don't think my powers have done him more than saving him from drowning. I look back at Hwanwoong "I think he will need some medication" he whispered to me "Like a potion of some kind?" I questioned and he nodded. I just got my hands on how to use my powers and I was reading as much as I could about everything else.

Xion never left his twin's side that night, Leedo and Hwanwoong have already left the room a while ago to give them some space. As for me, I occupied a chair in the far corner just in case they needed me, somewhere I couldn't even listen to them talking and they seemed to be talking a lot. All that Dongmeyong needed was time to understand everything that has just happened. The boy was truly surprised and slowly he started to open up, looking around himself and speaking to his twin and the talking never seemed to stop after that.

At times, I would glance up at them. Sometimes, they laughed, other times their faces looked either serious or sad but when Dongmyeong finally fell into a deep sleep, Xion came closer to me. He sat down near me and I can tell that he didn't even know where to start talking

"Your gifts are more powerful than I have ever imagined," I said, he scoffed looking down at his own palms "I never knew they could be this dangerous"  

"Well now you know" I smiled 

"Thank you" ... "I owe you his life and mine" 

Leaning back to my chair "Nah you don't owe me anything ... maybe I'll ask you to put on the fire in my chimney from time to time but there's no need to owe me anything"

Laughing at my silly request, he glanced at his twin again "I can't let him out of my sight again ... I just ... can't" 

"I know and he's not going anywhere trust me, as soon as I find the right potion for him, he'll be better and he'll be on his feet again in no time"

Silence took over for few seconds and I started to doubt what I just said "He told me things, he knows things ... and he said that Yonghoon knows more if I'm right, we are heading into a war soon"

Looking at Xion with a confused face, I didn't know what he meant "With this much information these two has, we have more chances to overthrow Hwasa and get our Kingdoms back, we can't wait any longer"