4th Kingdom - Kalvarie

Healer

 

 

For the little time I spent with Leedo in his basement fixing Keonhee's armor, I got to know things I never thought would be this sad. I was rather horrifed. I couldn't sleep that night with questions running down my head. I was starting to feel unsure 

Can I really do this?

It has been only a few days, what am I supposed to do?

This huge responsibility is weighting on me, Keonhee was the coldest most scary one, but he was the one who needed me the most. What should I do?

It has been almost three days now, I didn't go out much.l and certain didn't do much too.

Today I woke up at dawn again and glanced from my window. Seoho was standing at the shore like he always does first thing in the morning, probably listening to what the sea had to say to him.

Usually it's nothing much but it was amusing to look at him every morning with his feet in the water staring into the endless horizon. I haven't seen Ravn or Keonhee for some time now and I haven't spent time with the other boys either. But there was someone on my mind recently, will I find him on the roof if I ever could go up there?

Hwanwoong

From what I've heard, we are supposed to be from the same Kingdom, I mean my parents should be but the latter hasn't spoken a word to me, not directly that is, and I don't know what to make of it.
 

Shouldn't he be helping me with these ... gifts? do I even have them in me?

I look down at my hands ... empty, there's nothing, I cursed myself again, why am I so weak? I almost shed tears, I was so desperate to help specially after hearing Keonhee's story. I was asking around, when I went to the courtyard, I wanted to know what people thought of him but I got nothing, everytime I mention his name, the subject changes like they didn't even hear me talking. 

A monster?

A killer?

An outcast?

or a Hero? A Savoir?

We are not so different Keonhee 

I felt useless

I really wanted to do something, be someone, do what the people before me did, understand where I came from or ... just wake up from this meaningless dream.

I put on a dress, these things are becoming annoying so I tailed them the way I liked it most, I also went down the courtyard and got myself few other things. No one wanted to take anything in return from me, I guess dollar bills don't really have a value here.

I walked down the ailes of the castle, passed by the Throne room but no one was there, the kitchen was empty too so I just found my way throuhg the main doors to the courtyard again. I kept my head down, my heart ached looking at the faces of these little children who probably lost more than I have ever gained in my life. The women working so hard, fishermen and hunters trying to put food on the table for their families. Every and each one of them have lost something or someone. They would sit together but there will always be an empty plate or chair somewhere for someone who is no longer there. I couldn't bare to look at them. Not like this, I knew how useless I was, they were giving me everything they had, what did I do in return?

As I walked by, I couldn't feel a thing, I couldn't feel the trail behind me, I couldn't see what was following me. 

I went to the small field next to the water tower, it was an open space where the people have planted some cute tomato plants, maybe carrots and potatoes too hidden under the ground. I leaned into the old dead tree that was standing so helplessly there and just stared into nothing. My eyes lingered into the space and horizon and I saw a figure coming from a far approaching ever so slow swaying under the heat of the sun. A moment later, I came to realise that it was Keonhee.

I jolted up from where I was sitting, even though still afraid to approach him, he's still a Valkyrie, the son of the 4th Kingdom and the Leader of the Kalvarie.
I ran his way, he didn't seem to even look at me. I stopped few feets away from him, scanning his silhouette up and down. His face, his arms, his back and chest all bloody, his armor torn and his ... fangs and long nails, eyes red as the blood dripping from his jaw.

"Keonhee" I whispered his name is shock at the view in front of me 

He didn't even face me "Stay away" he said, voice cracking and just too weak 

"B-but" ... "What happened are you okay?"

He started walking ignoring my questions, passing by me like I was nothing but I went back to him 

"Please" my tears threatened to fall already "I know how you feel" he stopped for a second

"I said stay away from me" he hissed 

"You're all alone, your family, your friends are gone you couldn't save them no one blames you" my tears already down my cheeks running so warm against my skin

"You feel like you don't belong, like you're a monster not deserving to live or breathe asking yourself what are you doing here"

I knew, because I felt the same. Back on Earth and here too.

I took few steps closer to him, from the corner of my eyes, I could see Hwanwoong only few meteres away, he probably spot us from up on the roof, Seoho and the others were coming our way through the gates "Please" I stretched my hand to his face, he still won't look at me, he was broken inside and out, I was broken too, why are WE here when everyone we love and everything we ever dreamt of is gone?

I don't know what happened the moment I touched his face 

It felt like something in me was unveiled, memories I never thought I had came through my head 

Birds, big tall trees, a loud laughter ... cotton candy 

A face, long blonde hair, a red dress 

Flames, fire, a scream 

"My baby, daddy is sorry" ... a voice

and then, everything just lit up 

Keonhee and I were surrounded by a ball of pure white light

My hands were glowing 

It was warm but it only took a second, the light suddenly dissapeared leaving me and Keonhee on the ground motionless.